DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:35:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269101 times)
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: January 06, 2021, 05:36:37 PM »

A thousand times this. There is no such thing as a decent Trump supporter and there hasn't been for a long time. They are deplorable scum. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Hey stop it. One friend of mine who voted for Trump just called me crying and saying he regrets it

Your friend knowingly supported a racist sexual predator who encouraged political violence. At least in the political realm, your friend is not a decent person worthy of respect.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #926 on: January 06, 2021, 05:36:38 PM »

So...how does this influence the 2022 midterms?

My usual answer is “voters don’t have memories” but I feel like this could be different. Still too early to tell
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #927 on: January 06, 2021, 05:36:55 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #928 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »

I’m so relieved that I didn’t give in to the temptations I had multiple times during the last year to vote for Trump .

He’s such a terrible human being , and I would have felt guilty  it for a long long time if I had done so , so I’m so relieved that I refused to vote for the guy

Wow, you’re so brave. You heard the President talk and act like a fascist for four years and you courageously decided at the last second not to vote for him. I hope you get a medal of freedom.

I never supported Trump, and I also didn't vote for any R candidate on the ballot this year (because of McConnell ramming through ACB, which I felt was unfair to half the country). Do I get a medal of freedom?

No, but Young Kim does.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #929 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:07 PM »

I’m so relieved that I didn’t give in to the temptations I had multiple times during the last year to vote for Trump .

He’s such a terrible human being , and I would have felt guilty  it for a long long time if I had done so , so I’m so relieved that I refused to vote for the guy

Wow, you’re so brave. You heard the President talk and act like a fascist for four years and you courageously decided at the last second not to vote for him. I hope you get a medal of freedom.

You have been here for long enough to know that I never became a Trump supporter   at any time during his presidency.

I just said I was tempted to at many times , but am relieved that I didn’t

You have said things swinging your decision back and forth. You deserve very little credit for your words today.
And remind me again ... Did you vote to put this Orange Moron in office back in 2016?

I wasn’t eligible to vote in 2016 as I wasn’t a citizen then
Omolloy
Rookie
« Reply #930 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:28 PM »

You have been here for long enough to know that I never became a Trump supporter   at any time during his presidency.

I just said I was tempted to at many times , but am relieved that I didn’t

I understand not wanting to vote Democrat, or voting third party, but to even be tempted to vote for Trump is still absolutely crazy. Again, it's not as if the events of today came out of nowhere.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #931 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:33 PM »

Apparently, the Electoral College certificates from the states were saved by a Senate aide before the thugs swarmed the chamber. President Biden should grant the Presidential Medal of Freedom to this hero.
The Dolly Madison of our time.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #932 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:37 PM »

I never supported Trump, and I also didn't vote for any R candidate on the ballot this year (because of McConnell ramming through ACB, which I felt was unfair to half the country). Do I get a medal of freedom?

No, but Young Kim does.

Yay!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #933 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:42 PM »

Not only should all of these protestors be arrested and charged with sedition, but so should everyone who has promoted this movement on social media.
“Fascism for me but not for thee.”

BLM and ANTIFA are not traitorous, seditious or anti American.

These people are.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #934 on: January 06, 2021, 05:39:00 PM »

God dammit:

How does this effect the GOP’s chances of winning in the future?

Damn, and I was just about to praise this board for not engaging in sterile elections talk that seem comparatively meaningless in light of this event.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #935 on: January 06, 2021, 05:39:38 PM »

There was already reason to believe they would be different than normal, especially after these run-offs, but now? I’m just gonna go ahead and call it: I think the GOP will have the most pathetic performance for an opposition party in Congress in generations. Between this, the vaccine, the economy roaring back... It will in the best of worlds be the roaring 20s but with Democrats instead of Republicans dominating.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #936 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »

LeftVoice and the PSL are going all “duh” on Twitter and their website. They’ll probably call (and for the latter, do) for mobilizations and announce them publicly later.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #937 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:13 PM »

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #938 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:16 PM »

Bloomberg - DHS deploying to DC
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #939 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:18 PM »

Many left-wing twitter users are saying it's the real face of America.
They consider it as the worst country ever in the history of mankind.
Their solution is f America to be dismantled, forgotten, erased forever.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:30 PM »

God dammit. Of course you'd ask that:

How does this effect the GOP’s chances of winning in the future?

Damn, and I was just about to praise this board for not engaging in sterile elections talk that seem comparatively meaningless in light of this event.

This is... literally an elections discussion board. If you're expecting impact on future elections NOT to come up, you're in the wrong place.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:47 PM »

Where's Rittenhouse to shoot this looter?

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #942 on: January 06, 2021, 05:41:06 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #943 on: January 06, 2021, 05:41:17 PM »

There was already reason to believe they would be different than normal, especially after these run-offs, but now? I’m just gonna go ahead and call it: I think the GOP will have the most pathetic performance for an opposition party in Congress in generations. Between this, the vaccine, the economy roaring back... It will in the best of worlds be the roaring 20s but with Democrats instead of Republicans dominating.

Devil's advocate: we just saw, on live TV, that a large number of Americans in fact support this kind of action.
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #944 on: January 06, 2021, 05:41:48 PM »

Will someone please check on Susan Collins? I want to know if the situation merits our concern yet.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2021, 05:41:56 PM »

This is my favorite post of 2021
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #946 on: January 06, 2021, 05:42:10 PM »

Lol CBS is like "Oh btw Democrats won the Senate"
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #947 on: January 06, 2021, 05:42:23 PM »

Many left-wing twitter users are saying it's the real face of America.
They consider it as the worst country ever in the history of mankind.
Their solution is f America to be dismantled, forgotten, erased forever.

Amen.

This IS America.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #948 on: January 06, 2021, 05:42:30 PM »

Venezuela’s government also issued an statement condemning the political polarization in the US and the violence displayed in Washington DC.

Did any other Latin American country issued a solidarity statement or was it just Maduro? I am worried that if Brazil says anything it will be the opposite of Venezuela, with Bolsonaro’s support for the coup attempt. Só I would rather have him keeping his mouth shut.

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #949 on: January 06, 2021, 05:42:34 PM »

No, but Young Kim does.

Yay!

Young Kim represents the only type of Republican I still respect. The ones that put the country over just the GOP and their lust for power.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies