Confirmation Hearing: Cosmo Kramer (Attorney General)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:58:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Cosmo Kramer (Attorney General)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Cosmo Kramer (Attorney General)  (Read 6174 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2006, 11:23:29 AM »

This hearing is called to order.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 01:53:49 PM »

Ah, I missed this this morning. I whole heartedly support this nomination. I know Preston can and will do the job. And, if I'm re-elected to PPT you can be assured that I will help keep him up to date with the Senate info.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:54:40 PM »

I believe Preston is not very personable and recently engaged in a rebellion against Atlasia.  I do not support this right now.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »

I believe Preston is not very personable and recently engaged in a rebellion against Atlasia.  I do not support this right now.

He didn't support the rebellion. He raised the Southeast's troops against it.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 02:14:41 PM »

He didn't support the rebellion. He raised the Southeast's troops against it.

Hmmm... I originally thought that, but then I became confused. Alright then, strike the rebellion piece.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 12:10:58 PM »

Do you advocate the theories of collective government responsibility and cabinet confidentiality?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »

I, wholeheartedly, support Preston's nomination and will be voting to confirm him

'Hawk'
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 10:31:46 PM »

What is your opinion on the legality of gay and straight sodomy?
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »

I, wholeheartedly, support Preston's nomination and will be voting to confirm him

As will I.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 10:01:20 AM »

As will I.

Yes, no problems here either.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 11:35:29 AM »

Do you advocate the theories of collective government responsibility and cabinet confidentiality?
Elaborate please.  I know you have a specific question, or one more specific than this because there would be no reason for you to ask me this question and not the other nominees.

There is no hidden agnda to the question. I'm merely asking (i) whether or not you believe that cabinet members should stand behind (and if necessary, publicly support) executive decisions? and (ii) should inter-cabinet discussions be kept confidential?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 12:05:50 PM »

What is your opinion on the legality of gay and straight sodomy?
That is not a federal issue by precendence nor should it be and therefore, with no federal laws on the books dealing with it, does not concern my department.

This answer that gay sodomy et al is not a federal issue is not entirely accurate - the federal Senate retains ultimate jurisdiction over the federal territories such as the Virgin Islands, and given its recent passage of Sex Crime legislation for these territories, there is no reason to believe it could not attempt to pass something.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 12:36:36 PM »

Elaborate please.  I know you have a specific question, or one more specific than this because there would be no reason for you to ask me this question and not the other nominees.

There is no hidden agnda to the question. I'm merely asking (i) whether or not you believe that cabinet members should stand behind (and if necessary, publicly support) executive decisions? and (ii) should inter-cabinet discussions be kept confidential?
(i) Well, if you are talking about an executive decision, regarding the management of any particular thing, of course it is lawfully mandatory for any cabinent members to carry out that decision from the President, as he is chief magistrate.

If you are talking about executive decisions of a broader scale, such as proposals, legislation, nominees, etc.., then it depends on the degree of the issue that there is a discrepency on.

(ii) Yes, I certianly do.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »

What is your opinion of current rebellion/crime law circulating?  How strictly do you see yourself prosecuting such laws?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 07:52:53 PM »

This answer that gay sodomy et al is not a federal issue is not entirely accurate - the federal Senate retains ultimate jurisdiction over the federal territories such as the Virgin Islands, and given its recent passage of Sex Crime legislation for these territories, there is no reason to believe it could not attempt to pass something.

I believe it is the unanimous opinion of the cabinet, whether confirmed or still waiting for confirmation, that any law banning consensual sodomy between adults in the federal territories would not be a good idea.  I can certainly guarantee that under both my leadership or in my absence, under Acting President Q's leadership, such legislation would be vetoed.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 11:24:15 AM »

I have a further question, if I may. It concerns the issue of EarlAW's standing in the Senate and the recent announcement of the President in that regard. You have stated:

As the Attorney General-designate I strongly support this decision and will defend it in court, if necessary, if the issue comes up.

I would much rather, however, see Earl accept the decision and peacefully leave the Senate.

Could you please summarise the legal argument which you would put before the court?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 11:25:29 AM »

I have a further question, if I may. It concerns the issue of EarlAW's standing in the Senate and the recent announcement of the President in that regard. You have stated:

As the Attorney General-designate I strongly support this decision and will defend it in court, if necessary, if the issue comes up.

I would much rather, however, see Earl accept the decision and peacefully leave the Senate.

Could you please summarise the legal argument which you would put before the court?
I'm not prepared to release that yet, as it would involve the release of confidential information relating to the treason of him.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 11:26:10 AM »

I hereby open up the confirmation vote for Cosmo Kramer for Attorney General. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 11:26:55 AM »

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 11:28:15 AM »

I'm not prepared to release that yet, as it would involve the release of confidential information relating to the treason of him.

May I ask then, is it correct to say that you believe that the President has the power to (without express reason, or the support of the Senate or court) expel a Senator at will?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 11:33:58 AM »

May I ask then, is it correct to say that you believe that the President has the power to (without express reason, or the support of the Senate or court) expel a Senator at will?
I believe, Senator, that that all depends on one's definition of "power."  If he wants to do it, he has the (physical) power to enforce it.  So in truth it is within his "power."
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »

I believe, Senator, that that all depends on one's definition of "power."  If he wants to do it, he has the (physical) power to enforce it.  So in truth it is within his "power."

In this context, I'm referring to power as legal authority. How would that change your answer?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 11:59:35 AM »

Preston's recent actions have proven he is unfit for office, therefore I shall vote nay.

He has openly admitted to believing that the President can fire Senators, and would fight that "right" in court.

jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »

Cosmo Kramer's ignorance towards the constitution does not strike me as a redeeming quality for an attorney general, supposedly one of the most knowledgeable in legal matter in the land.

Therefore:

Nay.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »

Cosmo Kramer's ignorance towards the constitution
What?  I know quite a bit about the constitution.  It is my constitutional duty to defend atlasia, so if Ebowed',s actions are brought to court, I will have to defend them.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies