George W. Bush vs. Donald Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:35:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  George W. Bush vs. Donald Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is better?
George W. Bush

Donald Trump

Neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: George W. Bush vs. Donald Trump  (Read 5558 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: January 08, 2021, 07:06:18 PM »
« edited: January 08, 2021, 07:13:17 PM by #StandWithSanchez »

If you go solely by body count, Abraham Lincoln was the worst President of all-time. (He is, but for other reasons) It's an absurd metric.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:15:14 PM »

Trump is still better in my opinion. Trump at least didn't escalate with Iran or start new wars....And that my friends is where my praise of Trump ends.
Huh

The first thing he did was tear up the Iran Deal, which had issues, but tearing it up after the fact was much worse.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 08:21:05 PM »

Trump is still better in my opinion. Trump at least didn't escalate with Iran or start new wars....And that my friends is where my praise of Trump ends.
Huh

The first thing he did was tear up the Iran Deal, which had issues, but tearing it up after the fact was much worse.

I guess I should say not escalate into all out war.

I didn't realize Bush had a war with Iran.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 08:28:38 PM »

Pro-life
Extremely Anti-Gay
Extremely Anti-Marijuana legalization
Arguably a top 5 military hawk among all U.S. Presidents
Against the vast majority of government spending that wasn’t directly tied to murdering Middle-Easterners
A Bible-Thumper who uses the Good Book to justify murdering the brown people in Iraq, along with his attempts at constitutionally banning gay-rights. 

Virtually no mainstream politicians supported SSM and marijuana legalization during Bush's time in office, so it doesn't make any sense to use that as a measuring stick to compare Bush and Trump. If you watch the 2008 VP debate, the moderator notes that opposition to SSM seems to be the only thing Palin and Biden can agree on. If a member of the extended Bush family married someone of the same sex, I cannot see Bush, in 2021, not congratulating them and accepting them as a member of the family. Bush spent big domestically, too, including Medicare Part D, which costs more than the entire State Department.

His administration manufacturing the Iraq War was an obvious disgrace, but it was the result of a deeply misguided ideology having way too much influence in the White House. Bush didn't view the Presidency primarily as something to be exploited for his own personal gain. The Trump administration, on the other hand, has never had any objectives other than the enrichment and aggrandizement of Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies