If Germany still had a Kaiser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:20:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  If Germany still had a Kaiser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Germany still had a Kaiser  (Read 1416 times)
(no subject)
Jolly Slugg
Australia

« on: January 04, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »

"the KPD might gain enough lower-middle class votes to form a government."

ASB.

the Bolshevik expropriation of private property, the driving of 4 million, mostly middle-class, Russians into exile, and the violent suppression of the peasantry (80% of the population), with the attendant mass executions and establishment of the labour camp system, terrified the middle classes of the rest of Europe. The result was the rise of fascism, first in Italy and then across the continent. Fascism would not have existed except as a reaction against communism. Mussolini, Franco, Horthy and Hitler rode to power on the back of middle-class fear of communism. In Germany in particular, where the Communist Party (KDP) continued the threaten the "bourgeoisie" with expropriation and worse as the Depression struck, middle-class and peasant voters flocked to the NSDAP, and the labour movement was unable to resist Hitler's rise because of the fatal hostility between the SPD and the KPD.
(no subject)
Jolly Slugg
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 01:14:05 AM »

OT: I wouldn't mind seeing a short story about Himmler ending up in the Nuremberg Trials and trying the "I'm just a chicken farmer! The only thing i know about is poultry!". It wouldn't save him from the noose but he'd attempt it I am sure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies