East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:03:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 11840 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: January 16, 2021, 07:17:41 PM »

Turn 1: June 1st to September 30th

June 1-8: Councilor duties

June 9-13: Rockingham County, NH

June 9: Set up campaign headquarters in Portsmouth
June 10: Door knock in Portsmouth and distribute campaign literature
June 11: Meet with Rockingham County Republican Party to seek support for camapign
June 12: Door knock in Derry and distribute campaign literature
June 13: Door knock in Brentwood and distribute campaign literature

June 14-17: Fly to Washington, DC to attend fundraisers and seek support for campaign from prominent donors

June 18-21: Manchester County, NH

June 18: Set up regional campaign outreach center in Manchester
June 19: Host town hall in Manchester
June 20: Door knock in Manchester and distribute campaign literature
June 21: Meet with Manchester County Republican Party to seek support for campaign

June 22-27: Strafford County, NH

June 22: Set up regional campaign outreach center in Dover
June 23: Door knock in Dover and distribute campaign literature
June 24: Host town hall in Dover
June 25: Door knock in Rochester
June 26: Host town hall in Rochester
June 27: Meet with Strafford County Republican Party to seek support for campaign.

June 27-July 1: Caroll County, NH

June 27: Set up regional outreach center in Conway
June 28: Door knock in Conway and distribute campaign literature
June 29: Town hall in Conway
June 30: Meet with Caroll County Republican Party to seek support for campaign

July 1-4: Fly to San Francisco to attend fundraiser and seek support for campaign from donors

July 5-10: Councilor duties

July 6-8: Make calls to major Republican donors, especially those who attended the fundraisers in DC and San Francisco

July 9-10: Disseminate campaign literature from regional outreach centers, being mailed to all registered Democrats and independents in the respective counties

July 11-24: Rockingham County, NH

July 11-14: Host rallies in Portsmouth
July 15-19: Host rallies in Derry
July 20-24: Host rallies in Brentwood

July 25-29: Manchester County, NH

July 25-29: Host rallies in Manchester

July 30-August 7: Strafford County, NH

July 30-August 3: Host rallies in Dover
August 3-7: Host rallies in Rochester

August 8-11: Caroll County, NH

August 8-11: Host rallies in Conway

August 11-20: Councilor duties

August 21-24: Fly to Great Falls, VA to attend fundraisers and seek support for campaign

August 25-27: Make calls to elected figures in the national Republican Party to seek support for campaign

August 28: Disseminate campaign literature

August 29: Issue statement about Hurricane Katrina and cease campaigning

August 30-September 5: Rockingham County, NH

August 30-September 2: Door knock in Portsmouth and distribute campaign literature
September 2-5: Door knock in Derry and distribute campaign literature

September 5-10: Manchester County, NH

September 5-10: Door knock in Manchester and distribute campaign literature

September 11: Attend a 9/11 remembrance event in Manchester, and give a speech about the importance of tolerating diversity and the dangers of spreading hateful rhetoric.

September 12-20: Strafford County, NH

September 12-16: Door knock in Rochester and distribute campaign literature
September 16-20: Door knock in Dover and distribute campaign literature

September 21-25: Caroll County, NH

September 21-25: Door knock in Conway and distribute campaign literate

September 25-30: Councilor duties
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 05:45:02 PM »

Turn 2: October 1-January 1

October 1: Give interview with WMUR station

October 2-5: Fly to New York to attend fundraisers and seek support for campaign from prominent donors

October 6-8: Disseminate campaign literature

October 9-10: Make calls with major GOP donors

October 11-15: Fly to New Jersey to campaign for NJ Republicans ahead of the 2005 election

October 16-21: Rockingham County, NH

October 16-19: Hold rallies in Portsmouth
October 19-21: Hold rallies in Derry

October 22-26: Fly to Virginia to campaign for VA Republicans ahead of the 2005 election

October 27-November 3: Manchester County, NH

October 27-30: Hold rallies in Manchester
October 31-November 3: Door knock in Manchester and distribute campaign literature

November 4-11: Strafford County, NH

November 4-7: Hold rallies in Dover
November 7-11: Hold rallies in Rochester

November 12-23: Councilor duties

November 24-November 27: Disseminate campaign literature

November 27-30: Make calls to major GOP donors seeking fundraising and endorsements

December 1-December 10: Rockingham County, NH

December 1-December 3: Door knock in Portsmouth and distribute campaign literature
December 4-7: Door knock in Derry and distribute campaign literature
December 8-10: Door knock in Brentwood and distribute campaign literature

December 11-14: Manchester County, NH

December 12-15: Door knock in Manchester and distribute campaign literature

December 16-22: Strafford County, NH

December 16-19: Door knock in Dover and distribute campaign literature
December 20-22: Door knock in Rochester and distribute campaign literature

December 23-27: Fly to San Francisco to attend fundraisers and seek support for campaign from prominent donors

December 28: Attend debate

December 29-January 1: Make calls with donors seeking fundraising and endorsements
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 10:03:01 PM »

Debate Rules and Regulations

Welcome to the first debate of East of the Merrimack. Debates in this game will be important in delineating differences between candidates, and forcing you to take tough positions. It will give you a chance to attack your opponents, and show why you're the best candidate. This opens up potential endorsements and other sources of support. Debates will be judged on the cohesiveness of your answers (not, cohesiveness is not grammar, people don't always speak in good grammar), and rhetorical skill. There will also be a randomized element for scoring. There will be an opening statement, two general questions, and a personalized question. You are also invited to post another written statement, rebutting the views of others or attacking other candidates. If you are posting your debate responses before everyone else and you want to wait to see what others do, you can post a response to what others have posted after you. But do not edit it after you post it (I will notice). Naturally there will also be a closing statement. Answers should be of reasonable lengths. Not four sentences, and also not two paragraphs. Responses are due on the 29th. I look forward to the joy this will bring!

Chamber of Commerce Republican Debate

Russel Morgan: Welcome to the Chamber of Commerce Republican Debate here at the Strand Dover. I'm Russel Morgan of the New Hampshire PBS, I'm joined by Mr. Hank Jackson of the Chamber, and Anne Baxter of the Foster's Daily Democrat. Today we're moderating the first Republican debate for Congress in New Hampshire's First District. Let's begin.

1. An Opening Statement

Good evening, I am running for Congress because I believes New Hampshire needs a conservative voice to stand with President Bush. While I did have a more comfortable upbringing than many, my family still faced challenges. For instance my father would regularly be out of the house and my mother had to raise me and two other kids. In her eyes, I saw the determination and grit of Americans. There were so many days when you could tell she wanted to take a day off, but she didn't. Ultimately her perseverance and determination made me the person I am today. My mother's determination inspired me to enter public office. I believe that everyone should have a comfortable lifestyle, and the fact that a well-off family like mine was not able to have one convinced me that currently a comfortable lifestyle is available only to those at the very top. I want to change that and I want to make a comfortable lifestyle accessible to everyone.

2. What is your view on the American presence in Iraq?

I believe that we should consider a surge of troops in Iraq. We have done well to depose Saddam Hussein, who was a brutal dictator who was engaged in what was, quite frankly, a genocide of the Kurdish people. However, we have created a power vacuum now and we need to be cautious in our next steps. I believe we need a surge to quash any insurgents who may seek to assume control as well as any former top officials in the Ba'ath Party. Once we stabilize Iraq, what we need to do is then go to the UN and ask for some peacekeeping forces. Then they along with our troops should be stationed in Iraq until we can ensure their transition to democracy. In addition, I think we should permanently station around 5,000 troops in Iraq to protect the fledging democracy that we will seek to establish against any enemies.

3. What is the first bill you would introduced if elected?

I believe that the people of New Hampshire need to keep more of their money. Thus, my first bill proposed will be a bill to cut taxes. I will propose a bill that will cut income taxes for everyone. My bill will also cut the corporate taxes, the capital gains tax, as well as the estate tax. It is my firm belief that people should keep at least 60% of their gross income, regardless of which income bracket they fall into and I will propose a tax plan consistent with these ideals. My plan to pay for it is to clean up waste that has accumulated in the Social Security Administration as well as in Medicare and Medicaid. I believe that younger people should be allowed to invest some of their savings in the stock market, as I do not believe that the current organizations running the entitlements are running them in a prudent way, and this is dire, but I believe they will run out of money, possibly as early as 2020, if they continue at this rate.

Personalized Questions:

To Benjamin Smith: Do you support raising the retirement age? And if so, to what?

I do not support raising the retirement age. At the age of 65, many people are already disabled and are unable to work. I believe a much better way to deal with the issues of the large costs of entitlements is to cut and privatize these programs so that they can remain solvent for generations to come.

4. Rebuttal Period

Mr. Medford has stated that I support raising the retirement age when I never said anything of the sort. Mr. Medford has tried to slander my campaign and I will not sit idly by while it happens.

Mr. Parsons has said we need less troops in Iraq, yet he claims to be serious about fighting the insurgency. The insurgents have been waiting all along for us to move out. There is a power vacuum right now, and we need more troops not less to ensure that it is filled, and to ensure that we fill it. We then need to ensure that Iraq not only transitions to a democracy, but transitions to a stable one. We have come so far in Iraq and we are so close to establishing a democracy, and Mr. Parson's policies would throw all of that out and cede Iraq to the insurgents

5. Closing Statement

I am running as the true conservative voice in this election. I got involved in public office to ensure that everyone could live a comfortable life. I believe the best way to do that it to allow you to keep more of your own money so that you can decide how to do it. I am also the only candidate on this stage who has a plan on how we can create lasting democracy in Iraq. I will bring the conservative voice to Washington that New Hampshire needs, thank you!

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 10:20:26 PM »

January 2-September 1

January 2-20: Rockingham County, NH

January 2-6: Door knocking in Derry
January 7-11: Door knocking in Portsmouth
January 12-15: Rallies in Portsmouth
January 16-20: Rallies in Derry

January 21-February 4: Manchester County, NH

January 21-29: Door knock in Manchester
January 30-February 4: Rallies in Manchester

February 5-27: Strafford County, NH

February 5-10: Door knock in Dover
February 11-15: Rally in Dover
February 16-22: Door knock in Rochester
February 23-27: Rally in Rochester

February 28-March 3: Make calls to GOP donors and fundraisers
March 4-6: Disseminate campaign literature
March 7-21: Councilor duties
March 22-28: Attend fundraiser in Great Falls, Virginia
March 29-April 3: Meet with NH State GOP in Concord to seek support for campaign

April 4-May 12: Rockingham County, NH

April 4-10: Door knocking in Derry and distributing campaign literature
April 11-16: Rallies in Derry
April 17-24: Town halls in Derry
April 25-May 1: Door knocking in Portsmouth and distributing campaign literature
May 2-7: Rallies in Portsmouth
May 8-12: Town halls in Portsmouth

May 13-June 4: Manchester County, NH

May 13-20: Door knocking in Manchester and distributing campaign literature
May 21-27: Rallies in Manchester
May 28-June 4: Town halls in Manchester

June 5-July 19: Strafford County, NH

June 5-11: Door knocking in Dover and and distributing campaign literature
June 12-18: Rallies in Dover
June 19-25: Town halls in Dover
June 26-July 3: Door knocking in Rochester and distributing campaign literature
July 4: Attend July 4th Event in Rochester
July 5-11: Rallies in Rochester
July 12-19: Town halls in Rochester

July 20-31: Councilor duties
August 1-4: Make calls with donors to seek fundraising
August 5-8: Attend fundraiser in San Francisco, CA
August 9-11: Disseminate campaign literature

August 11-22: Rockingham County, NH

August 11-14: Door knocking in Derry and distributing campaign literature
August 15-18: Door knocking in Portsmouth and distributing campaign literature
August 19-20: Town halls in Portsmouth
August 21-22: Town halls in Derry

August 20-30: Manchester County, NH

August 20-23: Door knocking in Manchester and distributing campaign literature
August 24-27: Town halls in Manchester
August 28-30: Rallies in Manchester

August 31: Debate filler day

Debate coming next
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 01:36:17 PM »

University of New Hampshire PBS Republican Debate

Russel Morgan: Welcome to the Chamber of Commerce Republican Debate here at the Strand Dover. I'm Russel Morgan of the New Hampshire PBS, I'm joined by Ms. Evelyn Henry, senior at UNH and from the UNH political science department, and Wesley Jones of the Union Leader. Today we're moderating the second Republican debate for Congress in New Hampshire's First District. Let's begin.

1. An Opening Statement

Good evening,

I am running for Congress because I believe New Hampshire needs a conservative champion. We need someone who will stand up for our taxpayers and small businesses which have been held back for too long by bureaucratic red tape. President Bush is doing all he can to reduce the red tape, but he can't do it alone. I've seen first hand, the impact that crushing taxes can have on a family. When I was a child, my mother raised me and my two siblings mostly alone due to my father always being out of town. While we were certainly more fortunate than many she would still keep a small book, where she recorded all of our transactions to determine if she could afford something or not. While traveling the state, I've heard countless stories of those who have been crushed by the massive tax burden that has been created, and I want to provide relief to these families.

2. What is your view on abortion and Roe vs. Wade?

I believe that the rights of the unborn should be protected. Abortion is a terrible unfortunate thing and we should seek to limit it as much as possible, however I believe overturning Roe v Wade would be a mistake. We need to acknowledge that many abortions do occur in cases of rape or incest or danger to the life of the mother, in this case, access to abortion should remain accessible. I also think we need to encourage the use of birth control like contraception to reduce the amount of abortions that occur.

3. How should America get to energy independence?

There is lots of untapped oil in the Alaskan frontier. The radical environmentalists in the Democratic Party have blocked access to drilling in the ANWR for years. We need the oil there to put this nation on a path to energy independence. We should also drill more in Texas, Oklahoma, and other oil producing states. I'd even consider reviving coal, the amount of coal produced in states like West Virginia and Pennsylvania is more than enough to be a viable fuel source. Lastly, let me be clear that I do not advocate abandoning our Middle Eastern allies and we should continue to use Middle Eastern oil as well.

Personalized Questions:

To Benjamin Smith: You've travelled out of state to various big dollar fundraisers, some have raised concerns this leaves you out of touch with the voters. What do you say to that?

Let me make one thing clear, this campaign is about the people of New Hampshire. Some people out of state are willing to support my campaign and I'm willing to accept their support, they share my vision for what New Hampshire should be. They stand for my values of fiscal responsibility in government and lower taxes and for interventionism abroad. I resent the insinuation that I am somehow beholden to out of state donors, they are supporting me because they agree with me, not because they want to buy my vote if I am elected to Congress. I will always be an independent voice who will do what is right for New Hampshire, and if you also believe in that, then join us!

4. Rebuttal Period

Mr. Medford has chosen to repeat the lies that I am somehow beholden to out of state interests. I will note simply that my platform is popular and is universal. It is something that everyone can get behind, and I welcome the support of anyone who represents my vision. However, those who support me cannot expect that I will adjust my vision to suit their needs, which is what Mr. Medford seems to be implying. Quite frankly this is a disgusting attack by Mr. Medford assuming that I'd sell out my principles for campaign cash and he should apologize.

5. Closing Statement

Ultimately, New Hampshire needs a conservative champion and they need one now. Too many families are being crushed by high, out of control taxes and we can't have more of the same. There's a reason that I have made low taxes the pillar of my campaign, because I truly believe that you, the people, are the most responsible spenders out there, not the federal government who too often wastes it on inefficient programs. We need something different, we need change, and I am running to enact that change. So, please if you agree with our vision please go to www.benjaminsmithforcongress.com and please give us your vote on September 12! Thank you!

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 12:11:08 AM »

September 1-12

September 1-2: Door knocking in Portsmouth

September 3-4: Door knocking in Derry

September 5-6: Door knocking in Manchester

September 7-8: Door knocking in Rochester

September 9-10: Door knocking in Dover

September 11: Attend 9/11 remembrance event in Portsmouth

September 12: Make calls to voters across the district to remind them to vote

Ad to be Released:

"Conservative Values"

[Image: Smith pictured on a New Hampshire farm with his arm resting on a fence with a bright red barn in the background clearly visible at around the 2/3 mark of the frame]

[He speaks]

"Many in Washington love to do things the complicated way, but I want to make things simple."

"There is too much red tape and bureaucracy and we need to clean it up"

[Image cuts to a generic congressional hearing/gaveling a vote that you'd see on CSPAN, image is colorized to a dark tone]

[Smith speaks a voice-over over the scene]

"The politicians in Washington they aren't going to do anything to promote our conservative values."

[A bright circle forms in the center of the hearing as the image of the hearing fades out and the aforementioned farm scene returns and then the circle dissipates]

[while the scene is changing, he speaks]

"There is hope however for a conservative future"

[Scene returns to the New England farm scene that it was at the beginning]

[He speaks as he did in the first section of the ad]

"If you elect me to Congress, I will be a conservative champion for New Hampshire and stand with President Bush. I will lower taxes for everyone, I will save Social Security, which has been forced into insolvency by Democratic politicians, I will decrease regulations on business, so that we can create more jobs, however I can't do any of this without your vote, so please go and vote on September 12. I'm Benjamin Smith and I approve this message.

[Scene cuts to a Smith for Congress logo, generic logo with Smith's name in cursive font and the words "Conservative Champion" written under it, the logo is colored red and blue and it is an aqua colored background]

[end ad]

Ad to air until primary day
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 03:53:22 PM »

Surrogates

The following individuals shall travel across the district giving speeches in favor of Smith, while the candidate himself focuses on turning voters out:

Tom DeLay
Newt Gingrich
Raymond Wieczorek
Bob Smith
Trent Lott

(This is an addendum/modification to my schedule) In addition, on the night of the 10th, Smith will drive back to Portsmouth, and will hold a massive rally with all five individuals speaking.

(There are no further deviations from the schedule)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies