East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:57:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: East of the Merrimack (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 11735 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2020, 10:01:40 AM »

[1]
East of the Merrimack
A 2006 Congressional District Game

Now, let us begin! This is where gameplay will occur. Where candidates from each party travel New Hampshire to win votes for Congress. Where the national debate unfolds, and where the excitement and joy will occur. There will be a news and additional information update that starts each new turn. Please keep questions and discussion to the other thread. Enjoy!

[1] Wikimedia Commons
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2020, 03:16:53 PM by KaiserDave »

Turn I: June 1st-October 1st 2005

[1]

Tom Griffith: Hello, good morning, and welcome back to WMUR New Hampshire broadcasting from Manchester. It's a fine 58 degrees and sunny in Manchester today, with light winds no more than 5 miles an hour.

Jennifer Vaughn: Definitely a good day to bring the news, and a good day to enjoy the outdoors. If with a light vest. This morning we're bringing to you the latest in eastern New Hampshire politics. In New Hampshire's first congressional district, where the seat will be open in the 2006 Midterms, a poll has been conducted on the mood of the voters.

Tom Griffith: Now New Hampshire's second district is made up of all of Stafford and Carroll County, most of Belknap and Rockingham county, and parts of Hillsborough county. President Bush won the district by 3% last November. And it's been represented by Republicans since 1985, including by Senator Sununu. However the poll has some surprising results.

Generic Democrat: 43%
Generic Republican: 42%
Undecided: 15%

Tom Griffith: Lots of undecided voters, and a razor thin race. We could see a very competitive congressional race here in east New Hampshire.

Jennifer Vaughn: Of course the election remains well over a year away, but the campaign may soon be well underway. There have been musings of a run from Belknap County Treasurer Kyle Millenberg on the Democratic side, and it seems like Chester Attorney Jabez Parsons may run.

Tom Griffith: Well, it certainly won't be long before campaign season is underway in New Hampshire once again. And this one seems like a real nail biter.

News over the Duration of the Turn

• Congress Narrowly ratifies CAFTA, New Hampshire's entire congressional delegation votes in favor
  • President Bush nominates John Roberts to replace Sandra Day O'Connor
  • Hurricane Katrina strikes New Orleans and Gulf Coast, causing mass displacement and 108 Billion in Damages, long recovery begins

Welcome to the First Turn of East of the Merrimack. This turn starts one June First and stops on October First. It will last in RL time for a week and a half or perhaps a bit more to give people time. For this time you are free to post schedules for that period. You don't need to necessarily start with an announcement, you can show public interest, exploratory committees, media clippings and snippets on your early activities, all escalating to your entry to the campaign. Your schedules can include events before June 1st if you want. Advertising will be limited to only the wealthiest of self funders for this term, and even that is limited. You are free to post your own interviews like this one Wink, but I will operate a first come first serve basis for interviews from me which will appear in local media and could greater effect your candidates visibility. The News is meant to act as things to react to and keep the game dynamic and interesting and remind you of pressing issues of the day. There won't be a debate this turn, this is your chance to begin to roll out your messages and begin to craft your image as a candidate. Remember, first impressions often stick! And one more thing, remember to use the pre 2010 map of the district for your campaigning. Not the modern one. Have fun!

[1] Wikimedia Commons, media logo used under Fair Use
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 11:11:05 AM »
« Edited: December 30, 2020, 06:54:58 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

Brian Wilson Schedule - June 2005
Logo made myself

June 1: Formally file exploratory committee
June 4: Meet with senior citizens in Derry
June 5: Radio interview with WQSO in Rochester
June 7: Meet with Governor Lynch to begin pursuing his endorsement
June 10: Meet with the Small Business Owners Association
June 13: Barnstorm in Laconia
June 17: Hold town hall at the University of New Hampshire - Manchester
June 19: File papers to officially run for Congress
June 20: Formally announce candidacy in an interview with WMUR*
June 27: Open volunteers office in Rochester

Announcement Interview with WMUR

James: Good morning and welcome back to the 9:00 news, here on WMUR. I'm Tom James. With me now is State Senator Brian Wilson, who I'm told has a big announcement that he'd like to share this morning. Senator Wilson, what're you here to announce?

Wilson: Well thank you for having me this morning, Tom. I'm here today to announce that I will be running for Congress in 2006. Throughout my time as a small business owner, in a military family, and as a State Senator, I've been able to see firsthand the struggles regular people face every day, and I want to be their fighter in Congress.

James: Well you've got quite the race ahead with an expected crowded field on the Democratic side. Let's dive right into the issues of the day. President Bush is expected to give an address on the Iraq War in the coming days. What's your take on the war with the information currently present?

Wilson: My brother was deployed to Iraq when the war first started. He would often write heartfelt letters to us back here in New Hampshire. One of the last letters he wrote to us before he passed away told us that he "saw no end in sight." The last few weeks, I've been talking to people from Laconia to Derry, and one thing is for sure, the people are tired of this endless war. Too many young men and women have died, and for what? We've got nothing to show for it. If I'm elected, I'm gonna make sure that we start waning down troop levels to the lowest possible so that we can finally end this endless war.

James: Quite a plan, Senator. Let's talk about the Bush tax cuts. What're your thoughts and would you have voted for the legislation?

Wilson: Just to start, I want to make it abundantly clear that I do support tax cuts for the middle and lower classes. The problem with the Bush tax cuts is that's not what they do. The name "tax cuts" automatically sounds like a good thing, but what it's doing is giving President Bush's donors a break. The other side says this is stimulating the economy so more jobs are being made. More jobs are being made, but jobs for big businesses. Small business are struggling under this administration, and when I'm in Congress, I'll be their fighter.

James: Finally, let's talk about the continuing debate on gay marriage. What's your opinion of DOMA and do you support gay marriage?

Wilson: I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. However, gay people are people too and they deserve the same type of benefits a straight couple gets. I'm strongly in favor of civil unions, but I'm against calling it "marriage." I have a younger sister who happens to be gay and she's just as talented, just as bright, and just like any other young woman in the United States. She shouldn't have to be treated differently just because of her sexuality.

James: Thank you so much, Senator Wilson. Good luck on the campaign trail. Coming up, new bear cubs are coming out on display at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in Holderness, where you can get your tickets and more after this commercial break. Stay with us.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »

David O’Connor for Congress

The Early Days: December 2004-May 2005

With the defeat of Senator Kerry. David O’Connor a longtime Democratic fundraiser, and political operative needed a change. Having known Ted Kennedy since his childhood, and Senator Kerry since their time together at Yale. Though his relationship with Kennedy has not been the same since O’Connors support of President Carter in 1980. Even now though, O’Connor would make inquiries with both Senators over their possible support for a Congressional run in 2006. Reasoning that the Democrats needed a strong candidate if they wished to take back control of the district which had been solidly Republican leaning for decades.

While running for Congress was surely a step up in the political life of David, he had been in a high profile role for quite a long time. The first actions he did following his private decision to run was move his official residence to New Hampshire and meet with some of the New Hampshire political operatives he had met over the years. The most prominent of these would be Former Governor Jeanne Shaheen, he had met Jeanne during President Carter’s battle for renomination in 1980 when she served as the Presidents state director. They had kept in touch and David had been one of her early supporters in her runs for the Governors mansion and later her run for US Senate in 2002. O’Connor was one of the keys to getting Shaheen to sign on with the Kerry campaign in 2003. The two have maintained a close relationship since then.

With the important meetings with Senators Kerry and Kennedy out of the way, David would now move to meeting with important New Hampshire politicos and local community leaders. From his home in Dover he would invite numerous New Hampshire elected officials to visit and discuss the status of the party in the state. There he would discuss the possibility of Democrats regaining the House in 2006 for the first time in over a decade. He would also inquire over any possible names they had heard of that could be contesting the 1st district. This is primarily done with those David already has a relationship with, while spending most of his time in Massachusetts David still had numerous connections among New Hampshire politics having served as a prominent fundraiser for Democrats across New England.

In the early spring David would visit the University of New Hampshire at Manchester where he would tour the campus and make a $50,000 donation. He would also begin interviewing a potential staff for his run for Congress. If Senators Kerry and Kennedy granted him access to their previous infrastructure in the Granite state then he would use those to build his campaign staff, he would also attempt to hire Bill Shaheen the husband of Former Governor Jeanne Shaheen and a prominent operative in New Hampshire. In early May he would form an exploratory committee allowing for him to form a campaign committee, he would spend the entire month of March fundraising from his extensive list of contacts and hoping to reach an impressive $250,000 in the first month to attempt to scare other Democrats out of the race. He would also self fund $250,000 of his own money to ensure that he was the most well funded candidate in the Democratic field.

The final major action would be setting up an online team, while it wouldn’t be entirely efficient and David thought it wouldn’t make a difference. There were those on the staff who were veterans of the Dean campaign in 2004. He would post on the campaigns MySpace account weekly and he would also post Q&As on this online platform. This social media would be an attempt to bring in a younger audience to the fold. The online Q&As would focus primarily on issues important to young people such as the war in Iraq. They would also begin spending a limited amount on radio and newspaper ads to build name recognition they would also establish his support for Social Security and Medicare.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 03:07:40 PM »

BUCK WILTON: A REPUBLICAN FOR THE PEOPLE
Campaign Launch

May 1, 2005: Local businessman and philanthropist Buck Wilton announces campaign for GOP nomination
Raymond Area News, later carried in Foster's Daily Democrat

In a surprising announcement from his Raymond home, Wilton Surplus CEO Buck Wilton announced his campaign for the congressional seat of retiring incumbent Jeb Bradley. Wilton, 57, is a well-known figure in rural Rockingham County - following his father's death in 1978, he built his family company, Wilton Surplus, into a Southeastern New Hampshire giant, and is renowned for his philanthropic efforts throughout the region. Wilton is also a veteran - serving in Vietnam from 1968 to 1971 before receiving an honorable discharge due to a back injury. Additionally, his son Earnest Wilton is a bench player on the Boston Celtics.

Wilton is a political neophyte - he has not held political office previously. However, in a statement to this newspaper, he believes that that's not an obstacle to his candidacy.
Quote from: Buck Wilton
I don't believe that [not having political experience] is a negative. For too long, corrupt lifelong politicians have been robbing working-class Americans blind in smoke-filled Washington DC rooms. I'm running for Congress because I believe New Hampshire needs an outsider voice, a voice for the interests of normal working folks who are tired of being tread on by politics as usual. And if elected, I'll represent the good men and woman of New Hampshire, not Wall Street big money.
Additionally, thanks to his wealth from Wilton Surplus, Mr. Wilton is expected to self-finance his campaign. As the first Republican in the race, it remains to be seen if his unconventional candidacy will succeed - or fizzle out.

June Schedule (early)

Before June 1: File to run for office
June 4: Town hall at Epping High School
Quote from: Buck Wilton, on CAFTA
I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that our congressional delegation voted to ratify the CAFTA agreement. So-called "free trade" agreements like these are a prime example of globalist Washington bureaucrats selling out the working farmers of America. Opening our economy to a flood of cheap, low-quality products from outside countries is a spit in the face to good New Hampshire farmers who have been helping to feed this country for generations, and many will be forced to downsize or shut down thanks to Congress's ineptitude.  As your Representative, I will support tariffs that encourage buying and hiring American, while also protecting our state's great agricultural workers, and I will fight against the Big Money Politicians who care more for their pocketbooks than the American People.

June 5: Visit former customers in rural Rockingham County to court votes.
June 11: Meet with local farmers from the New Hampshire Farms Network, tout support for the local agricultural economy and promise to do the same in Washington.
June 12: Meet with the Gun Owners of New Hampshire (local NRA affiliate) in Concord, court endorsement
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 06:47:34 PM »

Jabez Parsons, activities from December 2004 to June 2005
November 2004: Re-elected as State Senator for District 17
December 2004: Help organize the GOP State Senate caucus for the upcoming session. Visit Washington DC to meet with old friends Sens Lugar, Warner, and McCain to discuss politics, and former Sec. of States Eagleburger, Schultz, and Kissinger to discuss foreign policy.
January 2005: Meet with Rep. Jeb Bradley at his New Hampshire office.
March 2005: Preside as Moderator at Chester Town Meeting
April 2005: Host fundraiser for the New Hampshire Republican Party
May 2005: Discuss the possibility of a campaign with family and close friends. Dinner with the Bradley family in Wolfeboro during House recess.

June 2005, 1st-20th
June 2nd- Host dinner for members of State Senate and House leadership
June 3rd- Dinner with former Manchester Mayor and Executive Councillor Raymond Wieczorek
June 4th- Reception for the State House leadership and Committee chairs at the Portsmouth Sheraton
June 5th- Meeting with NHFBF leadership to discuss farm issues
June 11th- File in-person to run for Congress
Jabez Parsons for Congress
Announcement Speech, June 21st, 2005
At the Parsons family farm, Chester
Reporting from the New Hampshire Union Leader
State Senator Jabez Parsons today entered the race to replace retiring Congressman Jeb Bradley as the Representative for New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District, launching his campaign from the family farm in Chester on the 217th anniversary of New Hampshire's ratification of the Constitution... Parsons acknowledged that, while he knew he was likely to face a diverse field of candidates, he was confident in his ability to win over voters from across the ideological spectrum and offer the voters "a voice for sensible, conservative, and Republican policies" in the general election... Parsons, in his announcement speech, stressed his reputation as an effective legislator with considerable experience in New Hampshire politics and made frequent reference to his deep roots in his hometown of Chester. Parsons outlined his view for an "ideas-driven campaign" that would "promote real debate and find real solutions to the challenge we are facing and will face in the future"... Parsons, a Republican Party grandee in New Hampshire, is seen as a formidable potential candidate in a general election...
June 21st-30th
June 21st- Announcement Speech and barbeque at the Parsons family farm in Chester
June 22nd- Town Hall at Salem High School
Question: What makes you different from the other Republicans running?
Well, that's a good question. First I will say I wouldn't be surprised to see more Republicans enter this race, and I welcome them. Debate truly is vital to a functioning Republic, and here in New Hampshire especially we should welcome it. I'll tell you, as a Town Moderator, I've seen first hand how this state likes a good debate, and I love it! I will say, though, that I think there are a few things that make me different, not just from most of the Republicans running but really from most politicians. For starters, I'll tell it like it is. It's not my job to tell you what you want to hear, what you want me to say. Edmund Burke noted that "Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion". I happen to agree with him. If you want a poll-watching, news chasing, smooth-talking pol with his finger in the air and talking out of two sides of his mouth to two different voters, I'm not your man. But if you want someone who will work tirelessly for this district, work to represent you while also being straight with you on the issues we face, then I'm you guy, and frankly, I think that's what New Hampshire has always demanded of her Representatives.
June 23rd- Lunch with Union Leader Editorial Board
June 24th- Town Hall at Manchester Memorial High School
June 25th- Fundraiser at the family farm in Chester
June 26th- Speech to the Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce
June 27th- Town Hall in Hampton
How would you vote on the CAFTA deal recently introduced in the House?
I would vote yes on the deal, and frankly, I think it is a good deal for the United States and Central America. There is a lot of fear-mongering about free trade from across the aisle these days, but the record is clear. In the first year after NAFTA was implemented, New Hampshire added over 14,000 jobs, and that was just in the first year. Today, almost 12 years later, New Hampshire has created over 100,000 jobs. Our unemployment rate in December 1993, right before NAFTA was implemented was 5.6%, today that's down to 3.6%. So whenever anyone tells you that free trade is scary, that it is coming for your job, just ask them where on earth those 100,000 jobs came from. And as far as farmers are concerned, the deal would make American goods more competitive abroad, not less, but still gives us the power to use import quotas to support family farmers, especially in times of economic need. The benefits from this deal aren't just restricted to domestic job growth and business, though, it has all sorts of benefits. I know I'm concerned about immigration. Where do you think most of the immigrants on the southern border are coming from? An increasing number are coming from Central America, where jobs and opportunities are scarce. This deal makes those economies more competitive and gives the citizens of those nations a chance to succeed in their country, rather than have to make the dangerous trek to the United States. And deals like these are vital to building the international alliances that are really the key to an effective foreign policy in the 21st century.
June 28th- Fundraiser at the Victoria Inn in Hampton
June 29th- State Senate session in Concord
June 30th- Speech and Question and Answers with National Federation of Independent Business-New Hampshire in Manchester, discussing plans for small business at the State level and what Sen. Parsons would do to address the needs of small businesses in Congress.
RGM2609
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 09:08:26 PM »

Francis McGuinty - The Representative you deserve

Starting February 1st, Francis McGuinty together with the activists of the Initiative for a Smaller Government and other allied conservative organizations will start a bus tour throughout the district named the Cut the Pork Express, which will plans to get to all towns by the beginning of May. During it McGuinty will host town halls, gather proposals from the citizens about necessary spending cuts and other budgetary issues and pass them over to the local authorities or even state government. McGuinty will use this tour to boost his fiscal conservative credentials and visibility as well as form a network of supporters and activists in the entire district. Fundraising activities will also be included, as McGuinty hopes to compensate the lack of personal or outside wealth by convincing as many small donors as possible. It will start in the North of the District in Chatham and end in Manchester during the last few days of April. Special attention will be paid during the tour to Manchester, Dover and towns bordering Massachusetts.

On May 1st, Francis will return to Dover where he will announce the formation of an exploratory committee. Its job will be to, using the resources of the Initiative, form an actual campaign, start building the ground game, recruit volunteers, get in touch with outside groups and analyze opponents. It will also try to boost fundraising even further than what McGuinty accomplished during the tour, but the campaign believes it can win with fewer money than its opponents. The actual race will begin on June 1st, when McGuinty will give his announcement speech from his home town of Barrington.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 09:41:15 PM »

Lauren Winters for Congress
December 2004 - June 2005

December 2004: Attend meetings with other Strafford County Democratic officials to discuss politics and future strategies for the party following Senator Kerry's defeat in the Presidential election.
February 2005: Discuss possible congressional campaign with other veterans of Howard Dean's New Hampshire campaign.
April 2005: Speak at University of New Hampshire event about involvement of young people in politics co-hosted by the College Democrats and College Republicans.
May 24th: Formally file exploratory committee.
May 25th: Hire the former assistant director of Howard Dean's New Hampshire campaign as campaign manager along with a few other staff members.
May 27th: Hire two web developers; one of them is a close college friend who helped create her campaign website for town administrator in 2001.
Late May-June: Set up campaign website to try to reach more younger voters.
June 3rd: Meet with the New Hampshire chapter of the League of Conservation Voters and tout green initiatives passed during term as Durham Town Administrator.
June 8th: File to run for Congress.
June 9th: Officially announce campaign at event in downtown Durham.

Quote from: Lauren Winters
For too long, Washington politicians have lost touch with the people of New Hampshire they are supposed to represent . . . tragically putting the interests of big corporations before those of the honest hard-working people we all know and love . . . It is unfortunate that the delegation of our state voted in favor of a trade deal that fails to protect our exports . . . The current President is willing to privatize social security while there continue to be millions of Americans without access to affordable healthcare . . . Big businesses continue to focus on their bottom lines without regard to the safety of the natural environment that we treasure here in the Granite State . . . That's why I'm running for Congress . . . As a fourth-generation New Hampshirite and the proud daughter of a long line of manufacturing and textile workers, I know your struggles and will fight tirelessly for the communities of the Merrimack Valley!

June 11th: Town hall in Dover.
June 12th: Dinner with environmental activist leaders in Dover.
June 16th: Town hall in Rochester.
June 17th: Meet with police and firefighter unions in Rochester.
June 18th-20th, 25th-27th: Barnstorm Strafford County, talking to voters in every single city and township in the county.
June 30th: Co-host dinner event in Dover with a bipartisan group of other local female officeholders encouraging more women in politics.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 10:10:32 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2020, 10:59:07 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Tyler Medford - Fighting For New Hampshire!
November 2004 - July 2005

November 2004: Re-elected in the State Senator (District 25)

December 2004: Meets With Family Friend VT Sen. Jim Jeffords (I-VT) discussing New England issues

January 2005: Breakfast With Sen. McCain For Quick Lunch in Manchester, NH
The meeting with John went very well as we just discussion a few key issues.......The Senator is an American hero and I want to thank him for his service in the Senate.

March 2005: Goes On Local Television to Declare Support For Civil Unions
Indeed I do support Civil Unions for Gay and Lesbian Couples. I think we need to progress and move on this issue. There are no reasons why those couples shouldn't receive at least some of the rights that Heterosexual couples enjoy. I understand that this might be unpopular but I want to be forthright with the voters on New Hampshire about who I am and want I stand for.

April 2005: Goes Back on Television To Oppose All Forms of Gun Control
"The assault weapons ban did not reduce crime and was a violation! I oppose any form of gun control and believe that it would hurt our great state that we all love so much."

June 4th, 2005: Meets with Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH) to discuss CAFTA
The meeting with the Senator Gregg went very well. We spoke about the very important and crucial Central America Free Trade Agreement, which I am conflicted on.

June 6th, 2005: Announces Support of CAFTA
", and now am willing to say that I support CAFTA, after weeks of discussion and questions. I believe that it would be a good thing for New Hampshire and our nation as a whole. I urge our leaders on the federal level to support the agreement."

June 12th, 2005: Goes on Local Television to Explain Pro-Choice Stance
This is probably unpopular with Republicans in New Hampshire but I am Pro-Choice. Personally, I understand the issues regarding abortion and am personally against it. However, I believe that it is not government place to interfere with a person's right to choice and the government should not step in. I would never encourage an individual to get an abortion, but it just isn't my place as a member of the New Hampshire State Senate to want a ban on abortion.

June 19th, 2005: Announces Exploratory Committee
"We need an independent voice in the House of Representative. Today, I am announcing an exploratory committee."

June 24th, 2005: Announces listening tour to hear what the voters of New Hampshire mainly care about, and what the main issues are that they face.

June 27th, 2005: Meets with voters and discovers anger about Congress' disfunction and the hope that change will come.
"I have spoken today with many voters in our great state that have voiced there concerns and key issues that they face. A common theme that I have heard is that almost everyone, both Republicans and Democrats, Conservatives and Liberals all are disappointed and believe that Congress is dysfunctional, and needs change."

July 1st, 2005: Event in Manchester, Received with rousing applause.

July 3rd, 2005: Files Run For COngress

July 4th, 2005: Officially Announces Run For NH's 1st District in New Hampshire.
I served honorably oversees but our congress is not serving us. We need change in Washington and need to restore to the voters who we serve. Today on this glorious Independence Day, I am officially announcing a run for New Hampshire's 1st District of the United States House of Representatives.

July 18th, 2005: Begins Fundraising With Huge Event (Raises 50k)

President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 10:56:44 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 03:50:40 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Tyler Medford - Fighting For New Hampshire!
July 2005 - October 2005

July 23rd, 2005: Meets With Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce About Taxes & Fiscal Issues
"Today, my campaign staff and I met with the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce to discuss key Fiscal issues. The meeting went very well and I am announcing today that I am against raising taxes on any American from the rich to the poor. We need to cut down on waste and fraud to balance our budget ASAP."

July 27th, 2005: Town Hall in Conway, NH

August 1st, 2005: 2nd Fundraising Event in Conway, New Hampshire, Raises 35k

August 5th, 2005: Meets With Current New Hampshire Representative (R-NH 1st District) Jeb Bradley.
"Today's meeting with Congressman Bradley went very well and I am so excited to work with him more going forward. We agree on many key issues and I hope that I get the honor of succeeding him in the House. I am proud of his accomplishments!"

August 9th, 2005: Meets with Manchester Police Patrolman's Association On Law Enforcement and Public Safety
"Our meeting went very well. We agree on many key issues and I look forward to working more with New Hampshire's police officers and the local citizens that protect our streets and keep us all safe. I want to thank them once again."

August 14th, 2005: Town Hall in Shelburne, NH

August 18th, 2005: Meets with Current New Hampshire Senator John Sununu (R-NH, Former Representative From NH's 1st District)
"My meeting today with Senator Sununu went extremely well. I am proud to work with him and look forward for more to come. I know that this campaign will be tough but I am fighting for you, the people of our great state, New Hampshire!"

August 23th, 2005: Visits Sea Ports on New Hampshire Coast (Portsmouth, NH)
"We need to make Portsmouth one of the biggest active ports on the east coast. We should be competing with the powerhouses of Stanford [CT] and Portland [ME]. As a Representative in Congress, I will fight tooth and nail to make this happen and to make the lives better for all people in the beautiful granite state."

August 26th, 2005: Town Hall in Freedom, NH

September 1st, 2005: Barnstorms Dover and Rochester, NH, met with large applause and excitement
From News Broadcast: "There was a lot of excitement from Republican Tyler Medford's Campaign visit. He was met with applause and excitement and did very well!"

September 5th, 2005: Statement About Katrina
"We need to make sure that we are dealing with these issues that we all face in an appropriate manner. Natural disasters are a real threat and we need to take them seriously to protect all of our citizens. I support efforts that are done to prepare for these disasters and I wish the citizens of New Orleans, Louisiana the best and support the actions that we taken there."

September 11th, 2005: 9/11 Ceremony in Manchester, NH
"I met today with some very important people, including a few survivors of the deadly 9/11 Terrorist attacks that occurred 4 years ago today. We need to capture those terrorists including leader Bin Laden. I learned from their stories and am very proud of our nation on this day. We need to remember those patriots that we lost for years ago today and celebrate their lives."

September 13th, 2005: Town Hall in Seabrook, NH

September 15th, 2005: Meets with Log Cabin Republicans in Manchester, NH (Pro-LGBTQ+)
"I had a great meeting today with the Log Cabin Republicans. They are true conservatives and American patriots that want to be included in our great party. I support them and their quest for rights in our great nations that we all love so dearly. I also am announcing that I oppose the federal marriage amendment which is a violation of states' rights and a step way too far. I want to thank the Log Cabin Republicans for their kindness and will promise that I will fight for every voter in New Hampshire every day in the House!"

September 18th, 2005: Meets with Manchester Hispanic Community in Manchester, NH, Announces Support For Immigration Reform
"My meeting today with key Hispanic individuals in our great city, Manchester went very well. We spoke about key issues that are crucial. I am announcing my support today of comprehensive immigration reform."

September 21st, 2005: 3rd Fundraising Event in Dover, NH (Raises 60k)

September 24th, 2005: Town Hall in Laconia, NH

September 27th, 2005: Meets with New Hampshire NRA Chapter in Manchester (Home District 18)
"Today, once again I have returned home to our great city of Manchester, New Hampshire. I met with the NRA Chapter in New Hampshire to speak about my positions on guns and my opposition to gun control. We had a great meeting and am gracious that we met today. Thank you to those great individuals in our state that are responsible gun owners, and I stand in support with the National Riffle Association."

September 30th, 2005: Town Hall in Manchester, NH
"Today, I have come home once again to hear from the voters. I listened to their concerns about key issues. I am glad that it was so successful and look forward to returning to the trail next week, after a small break to spend time with my family."
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 04:52:47 AM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 05:46:07 AM by Alcibiades »

Bill Fiske - Democrat for Congress

June 2004: Host biennial fundraising dinner for New Hampshire Democratic candidates and candidly float the prospect of a run for NH-01 when the seats becomes open with attendees.
16 May 2005: Create exploratory committee.
18 May: Hire Laura Green, as staffer with whom he worked on the Shaheen gubernatorial campaigns, as campaign manager.
25 May - 3 June: Host a series of meetings with Carroll County Democrats, including selectmen and the chief of the county party, to try to start building a local base of support.
5 June: File to run for Congress
7 June: Announcement speech on the steps of Conway Town Hall:
I truly believe we are all privileged enough to live in the greatest congressional district in the country. It’s what drew me here all these years ago, and what has led me into a 20-year long career serving the citizens of this wonderful town. You deserve a representative who fights for what makes this district special, and for what will make it even better. From the Seacoast to Lake Winnepesaukee to Mount Washington whose shadow we stand in today, our district is blessed with natural beauty, which we all enjoy, and upon which many of us rely directly or indirectly for our livelihood. Sadly, it is no secret that the current administration, and the New Hampshire Republicans who support it, have shown contempt for the environment, but I, if I have the privilege of serving as your Congressman, will always be its voice and champion in Washington. I’ve had a hand in running this town’s public schools in one form or another since 1987, and I’ve seen first-hand the impact good quality education can have on kids’ lives, and I’ll fight for every last cent in federal funding for our district’s schools. I believe that no-one should go without healthcare because they can’t afford it. And I’ll try my hardest to end this awful war we find ourselves in in Iraq, and bring the sons and daughters of New Hampshire back home before any more tragically lose their lives.
9 June: Town Hall in Dover
12 June: Meet with Fmr. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen to tentatively float a possible endorsement.
17 June: Interview with the Conway Daily Sun:
Why should you, out of all the possible Democrats, be this district’s Congressman?
I believe that my two decades’ involvement in local government gives me a unique perspective on the issues facing ordinary people, and how imaginative solutions by government can have a real impact on their lives. Living in a small town has really allowed me to get to know my constituents and neighbours on a personal level, and understand what they want out of government. As one of the only Democrats in the primary field from a small town, I think I have a unique understanding of the rural and environmental concerns which are so important to this district.
19 June: Meet with the New Hampshire Farm Bureau Federation to discuss rural and agricultural issues.
22 June: Town Hall in Laconia
24 June: Give a speech to a meeting of the College Democrats at the University of New Hampshire in Durham.
27 June: Town Hall in Manchester
I do not believe that CAFTA is good for Americans, and I do not believe it is good for the people of the Dominican Republic and Central America. It will harm our exporters and farmers here in New Hampshire, and will lead to increased prices for life-saving drugs in Central America. This is sadly yet another example of corporate concerns overriding those of ordinary people. As your representative, I will always put you before big business.
28 June: Fundraiser at the North Conway Grand Hotel
30 June: Meet with Environment New Hampshire, discuss their agenda and my ideas for environmental protection legislation.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 01:43:50 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2021, 03:02:40 AM by jakobisgood »

Annika for Us Schedule
November 2004 - June 2005

It was a cold Tuesday night in Dover, New Hampshire. The Tendercrop Farm at the Red Bar was full of people young and old, proudly wearing their "Kerry/Edwards for America" shirts, pins, and other apparel items. The party grew silent as the TVs bursted out those six words that still echo in some of their minds today, "George Bush has won this election." Jennifer Annika, the Head Campaign Organizer for the Kerry Campaign in Dover's 2nd Ward took to the stage and reassured the partygoers that "the fight for social and economic justice is not over." After reflecting on how John Kerry had lost an election that was very winnable, she knew that she had to do something to preserve the values of millions of people. Her mind was made up, but what about everyone else? Would they be just as fired up as she was? Would they help her in her quest? That was for the future to decide.

Throughout December, January, and February she began getting more involved with the Dover community, and other surrounding cities. She would begin taking the one hour drive every weekend to Manchester to meet with New Hampshire DNC officials, seeking to make sure her name was known. She would eventually become a regular at their weekend brunches, gaining allies quickly and making connections that would be of value to her in a few months.

In March and April, Mrs. Annika participated in multiple community-driven events and activities across Eastern New Hampshire. She participated in multiple marathon runs to support causes like Breast Cancer Awareness, Domestic Abuse, and many other worthy causes. She attended multiple fundraisers that would split donations between her own organization, the "New Hampshire Values PAC,"  and other charities like the United Way, Salvation Army, and other organizations. She would continue to raise money for her own charity as well as others, gaining allies and money in order to propel herself in the congressional primary in a few months.

In May, Mrs. Annika spent most of the month meeting with members of her local community in Dover, as well as those in Portsmouth, Manchester, and other cities. She opened her clinic to people from all around, allowing free walk-ins every other Saturday, building bonds that would be useful for her in the months ahead.

In June, the journey had begun! It was a crisp 69 degrees in Dover, New Hampshire and the crowd was jubilant at Newick's Lobster House. Mrs. Annika was going over her speech with her advisors, and loved ones. She had been rehearsing for months for this very moment, where she would finally deliver the speech that she had hoped to deliver since she was a little girl. When she walked onto that stage, she was met with enormous applause, whoops and whoos from community members who she had possible helped, met, and made connections with. She delivered a speech that echoed the words of past progressive leaders like Shirley Chisholm, Hubert Humphrey, Walter Mondale and so many others. As she spoke the words of the greats said years before her, "I officially announce my campaign for United States Congress" she felt inspired inside, a fire kindling that would fuel her ambition and wit. There was a long campaign ahead, but there was enough voter distrust with Republicans and others in Congress that she knew she had a real chance in this if she was able to get her message out. She walked off the stage, more fired up than ever, and ready to take thousands of people by storm.
RGM2609
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 07:07:12 PM »

The announcement speech of Francis McGuinty in Barrington on June 1st 2005

Hello, Barrington! Today, I, Francis McGuinty, am officially announcing that I am running for the Republican Nomination in the 1st District of New Hampshire.

Folks from my beautiful home town may know me as a small business owner who had to fight to make his dreams come true. Others may know me as an activist who has fought for fiscal responsibility and the involvement of the citizens in local governments. Big-spending liberals from New Hampshire may know me as their worst nightmare. And these are all things that I think the House of Representatives need in order to govern adequately. It needs members who were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth and know the challenges of hard working people. It needs members who are not a part of the political establishment, members who are interested in shaking up the system and bring actual change. And it needs members who are going to be the worst nightmares of careless Democrats and Republicans alike who spend the hard-worked money of the taxpayers on pork, endless government agencies and bureaucracies and weird projects that no one has ever heard of or ever will. I will be all of those things.

I know, I know, I am running against a lot of opponents who have the backing and money of the establishment. But I am not afraid at all. We will knock on all doors in this district by the end of 2006 and truly listen to people rather than having bright ads all over the place. The proud citizens of the Granite State are going to send to Washington a Representative who will do exactly that, represent them. And I am the one who can do it. Thank you!
RGM2609
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 08:16:39 PM »

Francis McGuinty - June 2005

June 2nd-9th - Rallies, town halls, fundraising activities, door knocking in McGuintys home area (Dover, Sommersworth, Rochester, Lee, Durham, Newmarket)

June 9th-17th - Rallies, town halls, fundraising activities, door knocking on the MA border (Portsmouth, Rye, Hampton, North Hampton, Plaistow, Atkinson, Salem)

Fragment from a speech in Hampton on June 15th -

And I am proud to announce that today I am signing the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, which basically says this - no extra dime should be paid in taxes by the citizens of this country. I pledge in front of you to respect that principle. Yes, this country has a budgetary problem. But we should take away the jar from the porkers in Washington rather than from the people who already pay too much in taxes and see the money wasted! It is time for Congress to tighten the belt not the people of this District, and I am your guarantee that this will happen!

June 18th-June 30th - Rallies, town halls, fundraising activities and door knocking in the Manchester area (Most of the time will be spent in Manchester with a few stops in neighboring towns)

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 10:03:12 AM »

Anna Hammond for Congress

May 25th, 2005: State Representative Anna Hammond announces campaign for Congress

State Representative Anna Hammond has announced a campaign for New Hampshire's 2nd Congressional District today, following an exploratory committee for the seat following Congressman Jeb Bradley's retirement. Hammond (53), is a moderate Republican, who became a State Representative following her husband, Paul Hammond's retirement.

In a speech, Hammond outlined her three goals should the people of New Hampshire's 2nd district elect her to represent them.

She first outlined how she would bring accountability to the district and be a true representative of the district's desires.

Following that, she empathized fiscal responsibility by telling that she will fight for a balanced budget, and also empathized her reputation as a budget hawk.

Lastly, she talked about transparency, in government for what she would do and for the budget and at home, and she said that she would hold 1 town hall per month, in different places across the district.

She has filed her candidacy and it will be determined if her status as a "RINO" will hurt her or her platform will prove more popular.

Stage 1: Stay Alive
June-August

June 1st: Announce campaign in Rochester, New Hampshire officially
June 2nd: Meet with former Governor John Sununu for Dinner, Town Hall in Dover.
June 3rd: Interview for the NHPR
Quote from: Part of the Interview
Question: What is your background?
I am a mom of three kids, and I was a mom, before I got into politics because of my husband's resignation.
Question: What makes you different from the other candidates?
Well, first of all, I am the only female candidate for the Republican primary, and while I am a woman, I'd like for the voters to decide on not what gender the candidate is, but on what are their policies and promises. I am a budget hawk and I will fight to make sure that the budget is balanced and your taxes are cut and to cut red tape. I will make it straight, I will represent you, and you alone, no matter what.
June 4th: Relax
June 5th-12th: Focus on State Legislature duties
June 13th: Campaign Speech with Paul in Rochester
June 14th: Meet with Strafford Republicans
June 15th-28th: Focus on Legislature duties until the session is over, also meet with local state legislators.
June 29th-30th: Take a break
June 31st: Go to Washington and meet with Republicans for Choice/Republican Majority for Choice/The Wish List leaders and ask for support from them.
July 1st-July 3rd: Meet with leaders of the Republican Main Street Partnership and ask for support.
July 4th: Return to New Hampshire and relax.
July 5th: Town hall in Salem
July 6th: Speech in Salem about accountability
July 7th: Speech in Hampton about fiscal responsibility
July 8th: Speech in Salem about education
July 9th: Speech in Exeter about taxes
July 10th: Meet with Senator John Sununu for dinner.
July 11th: Speech at the University of New Hampshire to the College Republicans chapter
July 12th: Campaign in Portsmouth
More later

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 10:37:24 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 12:25:19 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

July-September Schedule

As State Senator Brian Wilson's campaign went off in full swing after launching his campaign in June, he was prepared to start going on a fundraising blitz. Throughout the month of July, Wilson spent most of his time going on local radio stations and TV shows during the day, and at night going to fundraisers to garner support for his campaign for Congress.

In August, Brian and his family went on a brief hunting/fishing trip during the first week of that month. After the break, Brian went back on the trail to start mostly getting his name out. Knocking on doors, speaking at churches and community centers, calling voters at his headquarters in Manchester, and talking anywhere anyone would listen.

As the race starts to heat up, with more and more candidates plunging into the race, Brian starts honing his craft. Targeting suburbanites and small business owners. At an event in Laconia, Brian gave a powerful speech about hearing the news of the passing of his brother, who fought in the Iraq War.

It was just a little over a year ago, around Christmas time. And my kids, my brothers and sisters, my parents, everybody was back home in Manchester. All together, for the first time in years. But there was one notable exception, my brother, George. We were all sitting around the fire, eating Christmas cookies and watching movies when we got a knock on our door. My Mom and Dad went to go answer it and there was a decorated gentleman in uniform with a folded flag in his hand. Immediately, we knew...we knew what that meant. He said to my parents, "Mr. and Mrs. Wilson, I'm sorry to let you know that your son, George, was shot and killed in Baghdad." There's nothing you can say in that moment. Total and utter shock filled the room. George's wife and his two-year-old son were sitting right next to me and my wife. Immeasurable sorrow and sadness, is the only way I can describe that feeling we all felt. Soon, as time went on, and we began to mourn, sadness turned to anger and disappointment. How could our leaders let a war that has killed thousands of innocent civilian and military live? After George died, I made it my mission to do everything in my power to stop the war. We protested, we knocked on doors, we told the truth. God has led me and my family to leadership roles to spread this message. And I hope to get your vote so that we can make sure that our men and women in uniform did not die in vein.

After Brian's speech went "viral", if that's what you could even call it in 2005, Brian started to see more name recognition in the district, allowing him to focus more on his policies and plans as he went into September. Flyers were posted all over the district in urban, rural, and suburban areas, flaunting his tax policy (lowering taxes for small businesses and the middle class), his policy and story on Iraq, and his education policy (improved curriculum and increased funding for K12 schools and after-school programs).
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 04:09:31 PM »

Jabez Parsons for Congress
July Schedule
July 1st- Fundraiser and Meet and Greet at Tuckerman Brewing Company, Conway
July 2nd- Town Hall at Kennett High School
July 3rd- Fundraiser at Zorvino Vineyards, Sandown
July 4th- Perform functions as Grand Marshal of the Chester 4th of July parade
July 5th- Dinner with fellow State Senators
July 6th- Fundraiser at the Manchester SNHU Conference Center
July 7th- Flight to Washington DC to meet with Senators and Representatives to discuss local issues
July 8th- Meet with Representatives Bradley and Bass, discuss New Hampshire issues. Dinner with Senators Gregg and Sununu to discuss New Hampshire issues.
July 9th- Throw reception with other visiting state legislators for members of the House and Senate Appropriations Committees.
July 10th- Meet with Republican members of the House Agriculture Committee, lunch with other state legislators and Speaker Hastert. Dinner with Brent Scowcroft.
July 11th- Breakfast with Senator Lugar. Lunch at the American Enterprise Institue. Meet with members of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
July 12th- Return to New Hampshire, public speech to the Republican Senate caucus about the trip
Here in New Hampshire, we are lucky to have such a responsive and hard-working state government. We are a fiercely independent state, and I fully believe that we will be able to meet the challenges of the future. But it is vital that we have a partner in the federal government, that we have a Congress that is willing to work with the states, not against them. I was honored to be one of many state legislators who traveled to Washington DC to meet with federal officials to discuss the issues that we will face over the coming years...
July 13th- Interview with The Portsmouth Herald

Sen. Parsons interview with The Portsmouth Herald

Q: Sen. Parsons, what would be your top priority if you were elected to serve as Representative for the 1st Congressional district?

Parsons: Well, first and foremost, I will work tirelessly to represent the people of the 1st District. I think a Congressman should never forget who elected him, and that means you have to be an advocate for your district. I'm proud to say I am a lifelong resident of Chester, and I have represented Chester and other surrounding towns with great dedication at multiple levels of state government, and I intend to bring that same dedication to Washington DC when I am fighting for the 1st Congressional district.

Q: Why do you think you are best equipped to represent the 1st District in Congress?

Parsons: Well, I've been a State Representative, a State Senator, a town moderator, an advocate for the interests of family farmers, and I have deep roots in this district.  I don't think you'll find any candidate running, on either side, who has the record I have of representing folks and getting things done for people. I have wide experience at the local and state level, and I feel that I can use these skills to get things done for the people of the 1st District in Washington.

Q: You are just back from a trip to Washington DC with other state legislators. Do you feel Washington is doing enough to help New Hampshire?

Parsons: No, I don't, and to be honest I think if you talk to anyone in Washington they will tell you that they feel things aren't working there. I mean, talking to Senator McCain you really do get this sense of great frustration, you see that these are good, decent, people but the whole system is just a mess. We need some commonsense reforms, and I would work with people like Sen. McCain to pass the type of reforms that we need to really get Congress working for the people of New Hampshire, and everywhere else for that matter.

Q: What type of reforms?

Parsons: Well, for one thing, you can start cracking down on pork-barrel spending. If we ever want to have a hope of balancing the budget over the long run, we are going to have to change the rules so you don't have federal money going to study the feasibility of growing pineapples in Idaho. That's not helping anyone except the Congressmen who are getting these projects bankrolled to placate their donors.

Q: One last question: What's your favorite summer ice cream stop?

Parsons: Well, I'm quite a fan of ice cream so I've stopped at quite a few places, but I guess I'd have to say that the Center Scoop in my hometown of Chester is my favorite.

July 14th- Town hall at Coe-Brown Northwood Academy, Northwood
July 15th- Fundraiser at Sea Dog Brewing Co. in Exeter
July 16th- Fundraiser at Massimo's in Portsmouth
July 17th- Town hall in Bedford
Question: What is your position on taxes, broadly speaking?
As a State Representative and a State Senator, I have fought against any attempt to create new taxes in the state of New Hampshire, and have worked hard at every possible opportunity to lower those taxes that we do have. I firmly believe that we need to lower the tax burden on middle-class Americans, and a key part of that is reforming our tax code. We need to simplify it, closing loopholes and reducing rates. Washington has a spending problem, and raising taxes is just going to feed the beast even more. We need common-sense tax reform, and I will fight for just that in Congress.
July 18th- Fundraiser at the Hoodkroft Country Club, Derry
July 19th-22nd- Meetings with State legislative leaders to discuss legislation
July 23rd- Interview with the New Hampshire Business Review

Sen. Parsons interview with the New Hampshire Business Review

Q: Sen. Parsons, what experience do you have with small business ownership?

Parsons: Well, I founded my own law firm, and for years now I've run the family farm, which is an enterprise of its own. I've also consistently been an advocate for small businesses in state government, and I'm proud of the work I have done to strengthen opportunities for entrepreneurs and business owners in New Hampshire.

Q: You have said you support the President's trade deal with several Central American countries. Are you concerned about any potential negative impacts on New Hampshire?

Parsons: A decade ago we were debating NAFTA, and you had a lot of people talking about job losses and economic catastrophe across the country. A lot of people in New Hampshire were worried. Ten years later, and we see that it was a boon for New Hampshire. We've added over one hundred thousand jobs and opened our businesses up to all sorts of opportunities they wouldn't otherwise have. It's basic economics, free trade is good for everyone involved, and I firmly believe that this deal will open up new markets for American goods and will help New Hampshire businesses in our truly integrated and global 21st-century economy.

Q: What would you do in Congress to support New Hampshire businesses?

Parsons: Well, for starters, I would fight for meaningful tax reform. I think we've seen that closing loopholes and reducing rates is a recipe for growth, and I would work hard to pass a bipartisan tax reform bill that would help small and medium-sized businesses everywhere. I also think Congress needs to pass legislation that will bring our economic policies and regulations into the 21st century, where every business no matter how small is an international company in this day and age.  

July 24th- Meet with the New Hampshire Union Leader editorial board
July 25th- Fundraiser at the Manchester Country Club
July 26th-30th- Write an op-ed for the Union Leader Sunday edition

Jabez Parsons: What Washington Could Learn from Concord
Op-ed published in the New Hampshire Sunday News (Union Leader)

Frustration with Washington DC seems to be a perennial part of our politics, but today it seems that this frustration has reached a new high. It’s not just that Washington is distant, it’s always been distant. The problem today is that Washington is dysfunctional. It’s filled with people who are at the beck and call of their parties, who don’t think for themselves. Not only has this created a Washington lacking the strong, dynamic leaders that our legislative branch requires, but has created a Washington starkly divided between two parties who can’t seem to see past the letters after their names. Washington today is divided, our Congress is weaker as an institution, and our country is rightly fed up with these growing problems.
   Here in New Hampshire, things are different. Our legislature is filled with independent thinkers who stand by their principles even when their parties try to bend them (just ask the party leaders!) and who stand up for those that elected them. We work across the aisle, forming the complex, long-lasting alliances and coalitions that help to preserve what Gov. Merril called “the New Hampshire Advantage”. Republicans and Democrats alike in New Hampshire can be proud of our state legislature, the largest and most democratic in the country, where the voice of the people is truly heard. Washington should learn from New Hampshire, and understand that the key to legislating isn’t enforced groupthink, polarization, and division, but rather independent legislators, bipartisanship, and a sense of national purpose.
   There are good people in Washington, in fact most of the nation’s Senators and Representatives are well-meaning and intelligent people who truly want to make a difference. What we need are determined leaders in Washington DC who can break the gridlock, put people over party, and see past short-term political issues and talking points and really fight for those who elected them. At the end of the day, we all have the same aspirations, and we need a Congress that recognizes that. I think most Americans are fed up with partisan bickering, and this anger and frustration is made all the worse by the fact that we know it could be better, that we know how things could be different. We know that with strong, independent legislators who work across party lines you can find a meaningful compromise on the major issues of the day. We know that with thoughtful leadership you can overcome any challenge, and help build a better nation for the next generation. And here in New Hampshire especially, we know that leaders with integrity can truly work together to change policy for the betterment of all.
   Our frustration with Congress is one born from a belief that things can, and should, be different. Here in New Hampshire, we have seen that the legislative process can work for everyone and that it can tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow. In Concord, we don’t let lobbyists and special interests set the agenda. We listen to the people, we listen to the experts, and then we get to work for the good of all. Money simply doesn’t talk in Concord, the people do.
   Washington could also benefit from taking a page put of Concord’s book when it comes to spending and taxes. Washington loves to tax and spend, to throw money at pet projects all over the country to appease special interests and donors at the expense of the people. Our federal bureaucracy, though it does much good, is far too bloated, and the fat is getting in the way. Congress needs to cut down on the massive, wasteful boondoggles that politicians use to appease donors and bribe voters. Money doesn’t grow on trees, so we can’t afford to burn through it like leaves. In Concord, we keep a tight hand on the purse strings. We don’t grease the wheels with handouts to donors or pet projects. We keep spending and taxes low, creating an environment in which business can flourish. Our state government is lean and efficient, and when contrasted with the clunky, slow, and inefficient lemon at the federal level, our state government is truly a sports car.
   Concord is far from perfect, of course, and New Hampshire faces very real problems when it comes to things like school funding. But in New Hampshire, we actually try to face these problems, rather than dance around them. We let the people’s voice, not money or ambition, guide our decisions, and we act with an eye towards the future. At the end of the day Washington, the final word is politics, while in  Concord, it’s all about the people. That’s the biggest difference between the two capitals, and it is one that truly gets to the heart of many of the issues in our politics today.
   Reforming Washington won’t be easy. The division and gridlock on Capitol Hill today has deep roots, and it will take serious reforms to prune back the weeds that have ground Congress down. The special interests and donors who have for so long sought to siphon off federal money for their own causes will have to be confronted, and the politicians who are looking out for themselves (rather than the people who elected them) will have to be reminded of what their job is really about. These are difficult tasks, and with every passing day, the tangled web of problems in our federal government only becomes more tangled and convoluted, and therefore even harder to reform. But Washington can and must change, and if it could look just a little more like Concord, then the country would be much better off. It will take leadership, courage, and experience to get the job done, but I truly believe that New Hampshire can and must teach Washington a thing or two about how to govern, and I believe that our granite state is more than up to the task.
RGM2609
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 07:14:25 PM »

Francis McGuinty - July 2005

July 1st - Town Hall, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Barlett
July 2nd - Town Hall, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Conway
July 3rd - Town Hall, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Meredith
July 4th - Town Hall, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Moultonborough, attend celebrations there
July 5th - Town Hall, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Tuftonboro
July 6th - Town Hall, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Ossippe
July 7th-8th - Town Halls, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Laconia

Fragment of what McGuinty said in Laconia -

The other candidates, Democrats and Republicans, go to Washington all the time and hang out with the establishment there. We already know what they would do if elected. They would join them and continue the pattern of corruption in Congress. They can not solve the problems because they are the problems! I chose to spend all of my time here, in New Hampshire, meeting the communities that I seek to represent faithfully in Congress! I am the only choice to drain the swamp and stop wasting taxpayer money.

July 9th -  Town Halls, Door Knocking, Meet and Greet in Gilford
July 10th - Alton
July 11th - Wolfeboro
July 12th - Wakefield
July 13th - New Durham
July 14th - Farmington
July 15th - Rochester
July 16th - Strafford
July 17th - Rally in Barrington

Hello, Barrington! Thank you for your impressive welcoming! I am so happy to be back here at home and I want to tell you that our movement is becoming stronger and stronger! The people of New Hampshire are sick of the old establishment and want to change how they are governed! During this campaign, I will not have fancy lunches in Washington with the porkers! Instead, I will try the delicious food prepared in every town of New Hampshire! Because as a candidate and Representative, I will always put my constituents first and I will never lie to them about what I am going to do! I will not promise to end pork-barrel spending while eating pork with the porkers!

July 18th - Nottingham
July 19th - Brentwood
July 20th - Epping
July 21st - Newmarket
July 22nd - Greenland
July 23rd - Rye
July 24th - Portsmouth

It feels so good to be back in Portsmouth together with so many great people! Let me introduce myself to those of you who do not know me - I am Francis McGuinty, a small business owner just like many of you who, tired of the bureaucracy and needless government involvement in our affairs, have entered grassroots politics and formed the Initiative for a Smaller Government, responsible for many waste being cut from local budgets. I am running because I want to do the same on a national level. With your support, we can finally bring the change the Washington that everyone is promising but no one is acting upon!

July 25th - Seabrook
July 26th - Newton
July 27th - Plaistow
July 28th - Atkinson
July 29th - Hampstead
July 30th - Kingston
July 31st - Danville

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 09:00:41 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2021, 01:14:52 AM by Kuumo »

July 2005 - August 2005

July 4th: Give remarks as Durham town administrator before official Durham Independence Day events.
July 8th: Town hall and meet and greet in Portsmouth.
July 11th: Interview with New Hampshire Public Radio in Concord.

Lauren Winters' NHPR Interview (July 11th, 2004):
Jackie Stein: From WEVO in Concord, I'm Jackie Stein. The race for the House in 2006 is already ramping up, with Democrats seeing a chance at winning both seats in New Hampshire after Senator John Kerry's narrow victory in the state last year. With current Congressman Jeb Bradley's retirement in New Hampshire's first district, a large number of candidates have thrown their hats in the ring on both sides of the aisle. Today I'll be speaking with Durham town administrator Lauren Winters, who is running for the Democratic nomination in the first district.

Stein: Hello, Lauren.
Winters: Thank you for having me.
Stein: So to start off, what made you decide to run for Congress?
Winters: About five years ago, I looked at the problems in my community and decided that I wanted to take an active role in fixing those problems rather than just be a lawyer for the rest of my life. As Durham's town administrator, I have strived to reduce homelessness, promote education, and protect the environment in my hometown. With all the issues facing the country today, from the millions of uninsured Americans to the war in Iraq, I felt the same inspiration to get out there and do something about it.
Stein: What are the most important issues that you hope to address?
Winters: The people of New Hampshire have been ignored in Congress for too long. I hope to secure more funding to address the opioid epidemic that has ravaged our state and help reform the healthcare system to reduce the number of uninsured Americans. I will also fight for our manufacturing industry that has been hit hard by free trade in recent years. Finally, I believe we should begin scaling down our combat troop numbers in Iraq and make preparations to end the war as soon as we can.
Stein: Could you elaborate on your opinions on the war in Iraq?
Winters: The number one issue facing this country right now is the Iraq War. Too many of our men and women in uniform have given their lives in this war. I remember when I was seven and my uncle Frank died in the line of duty in Vietnam shortly before Thanksgiving. Growing up without him reminded me of the human cost of overseas entanglement. Ever since then I've been generally critical of U.S. involvement in wars overseas. The invasion of Iraq may have seemed like a good idea to many people two years ago, but it's now clear that the invasion has not benefitted America or Iraq and has not helped us put the perpetrators of 9/11 to justice.
Stein: What makes you stand out from the rest of the candidates?
Winters: I grew up in a close-knit family of six in Rochester. My father is a machinist who works for Albany International, so I'm no stranger to the struggles of the manufacturing industry in southeast New Hampshire. In my years as administrator of a small town, I haven't lost touch with my friends and neighbors and live just down the road from my alma mater UNH. I've also opposed the Iraq War from day one and will do everything in my power to end it and bring our troops back home.
Stein: If you are elected, you would be the first woman to represent New Hampshire in Congress. What is your advice to other women interested in entering politics?
Winters: To any woman who's on the fence about getting involved in politics, don't be afraid to put yourself out there. I remember having some doubts before running for town administrator as an unmarried woman with no prior political experience, but I'm confident today that I made the right choice.

Stein: That was Democratic congressional candidate Lauren Winters; we'll be back after a short break.

July 14th: Town hall and meet and greet in downtown Manchester.
July 15th: Meet with police, firefighters', and teachers' union leaders in Manchester.
July 16th-17th: Barnstorm Manchester.
July 18th: Barnstorm small towns and rural areas in Hillsborough and Merrimack counties within the district.
July 22nd: Town hall and meet and greet in Derry.
July 23rd-24th: Barnstorm Derry and surrounding towns.
July 30th: Town hall and meet and greet in Exeter.
July 31st: Town hall and meet and greet in Seabrook.
August 5th: Town hall and meet and greet in Laconia.
August 6th-8th: Barnstorm Belknap County, visiting each of the ten townships.
August 13th: Give speech in Wolfeboro about the importance of protecting the environment.
August 14th: Town hall and meet and greet in Conway.
August 19th: Give speech at fundraising dinner hosted by the New Hampshire chapter of the League of Conservation Voters in Manchester.
August 20th: Meet with pro-choice activists in Manchester.
August 26th-28th: Barnstorm Carroll County.
August 31st: Host voter registration drive on UNH campus in Durham.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2021, 10:50:39 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2021, 10:55:26 PM by Oregon Blue Dog »

BUCK WILTON: A REPUBLICAN FOR THE PEOPLE
Interview with WGIR Radio

Quote from: Buck Wilton
1. Why are you, a successful businessman, running for Congress?
I'm running for Congress because I'm tired of career politicians in Washington ignoring the little man. Most of them are up to their necks in Wall Street special interest funds, and care more about satisfying their corporate overlords than fighting for the good working-class folks that elected them. For once, Southeast New Hampshire needs to have a Representative that will be a fighter, an advocate, for working-class rural voices, and I'm willing to step up to be that candidate. My life was built on conservative values and the American Dream - after my father died, I built up Wilton Surplus from a struggling agricultural supply company in Raymond to one of New England's most prominent rural businesses, and in Congress I will be a staunch protector of the American Dream so others can follow in my footsteps. Enough of liberal trust-fund babies and career politicians managing our country - let's elect a people's man to Congress!
2. You're planning to self-fund, do you believe our campaign finance system is broken?
Oh, absolutely. As I said earlier, a vast majority of Congress is bought and sold by special interests. Whether it's the Wall Street billionaires that create tax loopholes bigger than Wyoming while poor, working-class New Hampshireites can barely pay rent, or megacorporations like Big Pharma that bleed folks with illness dry, corrupt career politicians that live off big business money enable these egregious attacks on the American people. It's absurd, and that's a big part of why I'm self-funding. I will make a pledge to you, the people of New Hampshire, today - I will not take a cent of Wall Street special interest dirty money. I won't be beholden to corporate bigwigs like career politicians - instead, I'll represent YOU, the good working-class people that keep American great.
3. What is your view on the Bush administration?
I believe the Bush administration has generally been a competent voice for a conservative, pro-American agenda, though I'll be the first Republican to say they have made some missteps. If elected to Congress, I'll be proud to support much of Bush's domestic agenda - he cut taxes to spur economic growth, he took on Big Pharma to cut drug prices, and he's opposed efforts by radical liberals to attack our great nation's religious institutions. But I'll admit I'm disappointed by his foreign policy. As a veteran who has a son in Iraq, I'm perplexed and upset that he continues to throw our boys into a forever war in the Middle East - to be frank, it reminds me of my time in Vietnam, where corrupt liberal Democrats tricked us into committing to an endless war, an endless cycle of death. While we needed to teach the Arabs a lesson after 9/11, this has gone way too far. And signing CAFTA was also a huge misstep - we need to put America first, instead of throwing open our doors to hordes of foreign goods and sending our men to die in pointless, bloody wars. The working people of New Hampshire are not helped by the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, so why should we be there?
4. How would you approach the issue of rising prescription drug costs for seniors?
It still hurts me to talk about this, but my eldest son's death from cancer taught me a lot about healthcare from this country, and not a lot positive. While the doctors we worked with both in New Hampshire and Boston were helpful and hardworking - I have no doubt that they did their best to save my boy, and I don't blame them in the slightest for what happened - I was stunned to see how expensive a lot of the treatments were, and if Wilton Surplus wasn't seeing a banner year in profits we probably couldn't have afforded a lot of them. I feel for the working-class New Hampshireites suffering from illness who can't afford treatment because Big Pharma cares more about profits than human life, and I am enraged that career politicians eating out of Big Pharma's hands are enabling their selfish behavior. I support President Bush's tireless efforts to reduce prescription drug costs for the working American, and as your Representative, I will go farther - I will not hesitate to stand up to the shadowy megacorporations that are robbing our nation's sick blind, and I will absolutely be an advocate for lowering drug costs so folks can get the medical treatments they need.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 02:00:38 AM »

Annika for Us
July 2005 - October 2005

July
July 1st - Sign Wave w/ Campaign Volunteers in Milton
July 2nd - Interview w/ WYDN in Manchester

Jeffrey DeMarco: Hello listeners of WDYN here in beautiful Manchester, New Hampshire. It's a warm 74 degrees outside today, with light cloud cover over the city proper. My first guest today is doctor and candidate for New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District, Jennifer Annika. Hello Jennifer, welcome on.
Annika: Glad to be on Jeffrey!
DeMarco: Great. So, my first question to you is, and I think it's question many of us have, because you are, at this time, relatively unknown outside of Dover, what made you decide to run for Congress if there is so many big names in the race?
Annika: Well, Jeffrey that is a very good question which I have gotten a lot as I have traveled across Eastern New Hampshire. I am Jennifer Annika, I have been a doctor for over ten years, and I am running for Congress because I have seen first hand the position that our Healthcare workers have been put in by corrupt politicians in D.C. and even here in Concord. I know that I'm not as well connected in Concord or D.C. as my opponents, but I can promise the people of New Hampshire's 1st District that I have a proven record in the medical field, and have been a public servant to my community for years. I went overseas with Doctors Without Borders because I had a renewed sense of community, with people that I don't even live near, know, or have ever seen. I have that same mentality for the people of New Hampshire. I may not have won your confidence before in an election, but if you ask any single one of my patients, past or present, they will tell you that I am a devoted person that does not give up until the job I want to get done, is done.
DeMarco: Lovely. Next question, what is one of, if not your main, priority if you are to be elected in November of next year?
Annika: Thanks for the question. I would say the biggest single issue facing our country at this time is the crisis in our Healthcare System. Millions of people do not have access to Healthcare, because of the exponential rate that premiums are increasing across the country. Whether you're living in a huge city or a small town, you are not immune to corrupt insurance companies trying to rip you off and make you pay a small fortune just to go to the Doctor's Office for a checkup. I can tell you, first-hand as a Doctor, that too many patients I have seen are barely able to pay for their checkups, which is why I offer free physicals, and checkups every other Saturday at my clinic in Dover. People are having to ration their medicine, or not go to the doctor when they're sick because Washington has refused to take meaningful action when it comes to the wellbeing of millions of Americans lives. In the state of New Hampshire alone, thousands of people die each year because they didn't have enough money to go and see what is wrong with themselves, or their family members. It's a disgrace, and I plan to take it on headfirst if I am elected to serve as Representative.
DeMarco: Wow, very eye opening. You worked for both John Kerry's 2004 Campaign, as well as President Clinton's Re-Election Campaign in 1996, what has helping to run a campaign like that taught you about your own qualities and abilities to connect with your community?
Annika: Well, I would say the single biggest thing that I learned was that in order to win an election, whether its national, state, or local: you have to go out there and meet with people. Listen, I was the Head Campaign Organizer for Dover's 2nd Ward, and although that may not sound like much, it was a huge responsibility that I had on my shoulders. Elections these days can be so close, some even going down into being decided by single digits, that you can take absolutely nothing for granted, especially in New Hampshire. So, I campaigned hard every single day in my ward, and met with the members of my community and told them why I specifically trusted those two men to lead our country, and why they should as well. If you look at the results, both President Clinton and Senator Kerry received overwhelming support in Ward 2 in Dover, and I would say a part of that is because of our extreme GOTV Efforts and our passion-filled campaign. I want to bring that sense of excitement into my own campaign, and so far I see that level of excitement across my own community, and other places in New Hampshire.
DeMarco: Great. Last question Mrs. Annika, what are your personal opinions on the Iraq War?
Annika: See, I've seen first-hand the effects that war can have on a country, and more specifically the people that have to live through the effects of war. When I was in Africa, I saw communities that were plagued with disease and fatal injuries because of the methods that were used during the war. I believe that the Federal Government had a mandate to respond to the 9/11 attacks in 2001, but I do not believe that the Iraq War was the correct way to respond to those attacks. Listen, I am a lifelong Democrat, and I have respect for many of the people that voted for the Iraq War in Congress, but I would personally not have voted for the Iraq War because of my own morals and ideas on how to deal with threats.
DeMarco: Thank you very much Mrs. Annika, and myself and the viewers here at WDYN wish you the very best of luck in your campaign for U.S. Congress. Have a nice day.
Annika: You too Jeffrey, thank you for having me on.
July 3rd - Rest
July 4th - Rally with Anti-Iraq War Protesters in Durham
July 5th - 9th - Barnstorm Kingston
July 10th - Rally in Raymond
July 11th - 18th - Barnstorm Portsmouth

July 19th - Fundraiser w/ Campaign Donors
July 20th - Town Hall in Derry
July 21st - 27th - Return to Dover to work in the Clinic
July 28th - Host a Meet & Greet at the Plummer Family Home in Dover
July 29th - 31st - Barnstorm Epping

August
August 1st - Meet & Greet with fellow Healthcare Workers at Annika's Clinic
August 2nd - 9th - Barnstorm Northwood
August 10th - Launch "Small Towns for Annika" Campaign in Lee
August 11th - Sign Wave w/ Campaign Supporters in Union
August 12th - Fundraiser w/ Doctor Friends in Dover
August 13th - Meet with Workers at the Dover Municipal Hospital
August 14th - 19th - Barnstorm Manchester

August 20th - 21st - Get Campaign Mailers ready to be sent out

August 22nd - Campaign Rally in Manchester
August 23rd - House Party at the Smith Home in Ossipee
August 24th - Fundraiser w/ DNC Officials
August 25th - Meet with College Students at Saint Anselm College in Manchester
August 26th - 30th - Barnstorm Portsmouth

September
September 1st - Town Hall in Northwood
September 2nd - Meet with Veterans at the Auburn VA Center
September 3rd - Put up Campaign Signs with Volunteers in Rye

September 4th - House Party with the Delvitz Household in Newmarket
September 5th - 11th - Barnstorm Dover
September 12th - 23rd - Stay in Dover to oversee the Clinic
September 24th - Fundraiser w/ Friends
September 25th - 31st - Barnstorm Rochester

October
October 1st - Voter Registration at the University of Southern New Hampshire in Manchester
October 2nd - Donate Blood/Rest Day
October 3rd - Put up Campaign Signs w/ Volunteers in Newfields

October 4th - 11th - Barnstorm in Exeter
October 12th - Fundraiser w/ DNC Officials in Manchester
October 13th - Campaign Rally in Madbury
October 14th - Sign Wave with Campaign Volunteers in Seabrook

October 15th - 22nd - Barnstorm Hooksett
October 23rd - Town Hall in Candia
October 24th - 28th - Return to Clinic in Dover
October 29th - 31st - Barnstorm Danville
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 04:31:37 PM »

June Schedule for Kyle Millenburg
December 2004-May 2005: After the loss of Senator Kerry, Millenberg knew 2006 would be a golden opportunity. He could continue to get re-elected by the people of Belknap county, but his battles were hard fought and he had already brought the reforms he wanted to the office. He began eyeing the congressional seat after Congressman Jeb Bradley announced his retirement. Over the next few months, he expressed interest in running for the seat to build up name recognition. Once other candidates started jumping in in June, he knew it was his time.
June 1-3: Treasurer duties
June 4: Announce Exploratory Comittee
June 5: Unveil Policy Platform on the domain: Millenberg06.com:
Key Points:

Taxes: I stand opposed to middle class tax increases. Our middle class is working far too hard to receive any increase. We should raise taxes on the wealthiest 1% who are living comfortably

Trade: We need to protect the competitiveness of our American industry. Career politicians have gutted America with their reckless never-ending expansion of free trade with no regard for our workers. I will stand opposed to any further attempts to sell this countries job overseas.

Guns: I strongly support the Second Amendment. The protections we have in place currently strike a good balance between protecting our citizens and our constitutional rights. I will seek to maintain this balance if I am elected.

Healthcare: Our healthcare system is a broken mess. We need critical aid to lower the skyrocketing price of prescription drugs. We must also pass legislation to reduce premiums and create cost-sharing programs. I will refuse any contributions from pharmaceutical companies and take them head on.

Infrastructure: Our state's road and highways are quickly becoming unusable. Too many congressmen don't return to their districts to come see how run down some of these have become. We need an infrastructure revitalization bill that will create jobs and housing as well
June 6-9: Town halls in Manchester, New Hampshire to speak to voters about why I'm running and explain my policy viewpoints.
June 10: Officially file candidacy
June 11: Unveil merchandise on Millenberg06.com and register with ActBlue to begin receiving donations.
June 12: Outside of a town center in Laconia a crowd of 50 gathered to witness the kickoff of the Millenberg campaign. As they stood on the sidewalk waiting for the candidate, Millenburg pulled down the street in a white pickup truck with his campaign logo plastered on the doors. He parked in front of the crowd and moved up to the stage.
"Thank you! Thank you! New Hampshire, it's time for a change. For over 20 years, we've sent back representatives from the same party and what have we got in return? Worse roads, worse school, less pay and less freedom. We're not going to continue on that path. It needs to change, it will change and we can make that change. That's why I'm running for congress. I've brought this community together to cross the party line and address these issues. I will bring the same ethic of listening to the needs of the people to congress. I'll stand up to George Bush and his cronies, not bow down in the sake of consensus building. We have a chance to elect a representative who will fight for New Hampshire, who will unleash our home's potentia, who will be a representative not for the few, but the many l. But I can only do this with your help. I'm up against millions of dollars of out of state. I'm not going to be bought and sold and that's why I refuse to accept any corporate PAC money. So please, make a contribution, volunteer in your local community. We have the support to make this happen, so let's win this for Eastern New Hampshire!

Campaign Logo, own work
June 13th: Interview with WMUR TV 9
What made you run for Congress?

Well, I'm tired of the system we have in place right now. I've served for the last six and a half years as a dedicated public servant in my home county of Belknap. I've been able to listen to the needs of the people and act on them. The only person I'm taking orders from are the voters. But right now in congress, it's full of Bush's cronies who will move heaven and earth for their donors at the drop of a hat. They're selling out the American people and I've had enough of it.

How did a Democrat get elected countywide in Republican Belknap county?

I did it by speaking to the community. My predecessor had a bad track record of mismanagement so I decided to take him on and I was able to expose his flaws and people crossed the party line. I then won re-election even as President Bush carried the county by double digits. If we provide evidence that we are going to bring good governance to people they will put their trust in us with their voter. If we put up candidates who do nothing but what the bosses want, the voters see right through that.

Should Congress consider means testing Social Security and Medicare?

I believe we should bring everything to the table to address the startling amount of inequality in our society. Means testing isn't a perfect way to solve the issues to be sure, but it can makes sure that the lower class are getting the benefits they deserve. I would have to look at specific proposals and more loopholes need to be closed before it can be successfully done, but in general I'd support means testing to ensure higher incomes aren't getting more than they need.

Why did the Democratic Party lose the 2004 presidential election?

We lost because we didn't provide enough of an alternative. I fully supported Senator Kerry and believe the world would be a much safer place today if he had succeeded, but I recognize that his campaign was flawed from the beginning. He repeated George Bush's same talking points on trade, on education, on foreign policy. He didn't emphasize how we would do thing differently and better than Bush. But it's not going to be that way this year. The Democratic party is going to retake congress because we're providing a clear contrast to the kind of out of touch policies Bush is proposing and that's the kind of campaign I intend to run.
June 12-19th: Attend to duties as County Treasurer. Millenberg sent his wife to knock on doors in his absence.
June 14th-21st: Barnstorming across rural Belknap. Millenberg drove from house to house in his pickup truck. Emphasizing his outsider credentials, he encouraged many Republicans and Independents to vote in the DemocraticPrimary for him and spoke to Registered Democrats about the need to improve rural infrastructure
June 22nd: Open door Fundraiser at 405 Pub in Laconia with volunteer signup
June 23rd-29th: Attend to duties as County Treasurer, have new volunteers sign wave and phone bank
June 30th: Statement on the senate's passing of CAFTA:
i see once again, the federal government has expanded trade blindly. This agreement will allow our jobs to move freely to countries with low wages. This both kills jobs here in the U.S and does nothing to fight global poverty. I am dissapointed to see the number of Democrats who joined with the Bush cronies in voting for this bill. If elected, I promise to call out this kind of useless consensus building that many Democrats ascribe to.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2021, 03:43:53 AM by FalterinArc »

July Schedule for Kyle Millenberg
July 1-5th: Treasurer Duties
July 4th: Host an Independence Day barbecue at a family friend's residence as a chance to meet face to face with voters
July 5-7th: Treasurer Duties
July 8th: Campaign Rally in Rochester
Excerpt from spech:
Too many of our workers are going underpaid! The federal minimum wage hasn't seen a raise since 1997. People are being forced to work two or three jobs. It's not enough to get bye on! We need to make sure we get a Democratic Majority in the house of representatives to get a federal increase. I believe we need to raise the federal level to six dollars and fifty cents an hour. That way we can begin to try to pay the workers the amount they need for their productivity. The corporate executive backed Bush cronies won't allow this to happen as long as they are in charge, so we've got to kick. them. out.
July 9th: Meet with State Senator Lou D'Allesandro, court endorsement
July 10th: Meet with the gun owners of New Hampshire organization, court endorsement by emphasizing moderate views on the issue
July 10-17th: Treasurer Duties
July 17-22nd: Barnstorming in Manchester
July 23rd: Yard sign pickup event in Laconia
July 23-30th: Treasurer Duties
July 31st: Meet with Students at Lakes Community College
RGM2609
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 02:57:02 AM »

Francis McGuinty - August 2005

August 1st - Sandown
August 2nd - Fremont
August 3rd - Raymond
August 4th - Candia
August 5th - Auburn
August 6th-10th - Derry

My pledge to you is that I will never, ever, let the old ways of Washington take away my principles like thay have done to so many promising Representatives! I will always stand for what I believe in, for what I fight for and for what I want you to support me - rooting out fraud, waste and abuse from every single agency and make them focus their activities on actually getting results benefitting us all!

August 11th-12th - Hooksett
August 13th-14th - Bow
August 15th - Dunbarton
August 16th - 25th - Manchester

If the government had been using all of that deficit spending effectively in order to help people and had a plan so that the future generations would not have to pay for so many billions of dollars when they grow up, I would have been all for it. The problem is that those hundreds of billions are used for needless programs sometimes made just to please egos. For example, the B.J. Stupak Olympic Scholarship - which is basically a hand out worth a million per year to the Northern Michigan University with a fancy name! Is that how you want your money spent? I do not either!

August 26th-30th - Bedford
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 08:35:12 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 02:21:15 AM by Kuumo »

September 2005

September 1st: Sign lease on office space in Manchester for second campaign office.
September 2nd: Town hall and meet and greet in Hampton.
September 3rd: Barnstorm Seacoast communities between Seabrook and Portsmouth.
September 4th: Barnstorm Portsmouth.
September 8th-11th: Help organize and host 9/11 memorial ceremony at Durham town hall.
September 16th: Town hall and meet and greet in Deerfield.

Quote from: Lauren Winters, Deerfield town hall, September 16th, 2005
Question: Would you support tightening restrictions on gun sales?
I do not support increased regulations on gun ownership. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens who follow in a long tradition of hunting in our wild places here in New Hampshire. Mass shootings can be more effectively minimized through greater funding and accessibility of mental health services.

Question: Would you consider raising taxes, and if so, under what circumstances?
I would not vote to raise taxes on the middle class; I would only increase taxes on the moneyed elites who are all too willing to ship our jobs overseas and send our young men to war in the name of profit. America works best when we all pay our fair share and play by the rules.

September 17th: Barnstorm small towns and rural areas in northwestern Rockingham County.
September 19th-20th: Help set up Manchester campaign office.
September 23rd-24th: Town hall, meet and greet, and voter registration drive at SNHU in Manchester.

Quote from: Lauren Winters, Southern New Hampshire University town hall, September 23rd, 2005
Question: What is your position in the same-sex marriage debate?
Marriage itself is a religious matter that is not the business of the state. The role of public officials in this case is not to define marriage, but to ensure an acceptable quality of life for married couples and families. We live in a country founded on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, where we strive to protect every person equally under the law. I support civil unions for same-sex couples because the opportunity to found a family is a universal human right.

Question: What are the primary sources of funding for your campaign?
My campaign raises our money through small individual donors here in the Granite State through our events and our website at www.laurenwintersfornh.com. We have also received donations from community activist groups across the state. We depend on people like you for our funding, not on mega-corporations and out-of-state lobbying groups.

September 25th-26th: Meet and greet and second voter registration drive at UNH in Durham.
September 30th: Meet and greet and voter registration drive at Great Bay Community College in Portsmouth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies