IL-GOV 2022 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:53:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-GOV 2022 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-GOV 2022 megathread  (Read 21437 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 28, 2020, 02:27:13 PM »

Pritzker isn't safe, because an Illinois governor will always make a lot of enemies, but I think Republicans will make their strongest play for a row office. Probably Secretary of State, which is likely to be an open seat. I don't know who they might nominate, because I think it plays out like the 2018 AG race, where Democrats have a crowded primary and Republicans find someone who they largely clear the field for.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »

Honestly, Illinois is just such a hard state to govern. He's already a multibillionaire so he can live comfortably for the rest of his life if he doesn't run for reelection.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 06:30:57 PM »

So Blago's on Cameo, and someone at my university hired him to do a message for the graduating Class of 2021. It's something:

https://www.facebook.com/chicagoshadydealer/videos/663575804515028

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 11:56:19 PM »

Would Blago attempt to run in the Republican primaries? Because if so, I expect a lot of Republican voters to not show up on Election Day if he wins.

No, I don't think he'll run for office again. And he supported Trump after his sentence got commuted but I think he still calls himself a Democrat.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 08:17:35 PM »

He's done a decent job, I don't see why he would throw in the towel, unless he skeletons that are about to come out.

Well given what state we’re talking about..
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 11:48:12 PM »

And he's coming in with the backing of Ken Griffin.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 11:23:11 AM »

There is a bad feeling in the air and I don’t like it. Outside of downballot incompetence and the Republican likelihood of sweeping the Supreme Court, the governor race may be somewhat more competitive after all. It won’t be like with New Jersey where due to just demographics the Democrats were saved, but it is going to be a defeat of morale nonetheless.

I’m getting reports from people I know that the Democratic auxiliaries are out in full force right now, and I doubt they get saved from the thrashing coming up.
i mean it’s IL, surely Dems will still win sizable majorities in both houses of the legislature? I strongly doubt Dems are in any danger of losing their hold on the state.

Illinois does tend to swing wildly in midterms. Democrats are not in danger of losing their legislative majorities, but there's a good chance they lose supermajority status in the House and Senate.

On a very good night, Republicans may even be able to pick up a row office, one or two congressional seats and give Pritzker a real scare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies