IL-GOV 2022 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-GOV 2022 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-GOV 2022 megathread  (Read 21443 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: January 03, 2021, 10:55:13 AM »

I think the Willie Wilson Party will rocket back and under urban populist Willie Wilson, who campaigns on a religious anti-lockdown platform, the WWP will win.
I don’t see it. The dude did poor on the senate race even with pouring an unbelievable amount of cash into the race.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 07:40:32 PM »

Would Blago attempt to run in the Republican primaries? Because if so, I expect a lot of Republican voters to not show up on Election Day if he wins.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 10:56:26 AM »

Where’s Daniel Biss?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »

All completely irrelevant Rs. I am anticipating how the D primary will shape up to.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 10:25:35 PM »

Pritzker is going to easily win this, progressives in Illinois have already set their sights on Daniel Biss running right after his stint as Evanston mayor and the much more conservative remnants of the machine of the party is gone and don’t have their ducks in order to coronate Lisa yet.

Pritzker must buy a lot of Teflon to get out of the sticky situations he finds himself in that would be damaging to any other; the real estate scandal, the failed tax reform, the fight with Madigan…
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »

The one and only Rod Blagojevich is trying to be able to run for political office. He would probably be a better contender than the jokes currently running for republican nom.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 06:51:24 PM »

This is such a waste of money, regardless of the results of the race.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 10:57:02 AM »

There is a bad feeling in the air and I don’t like it. Outside of downballot incompetence and the Republican likelihood of sweeping the Supreme Court, the governor race may be somewhat more competitive after all. It won’t be like with New Jersey where due to just demographics the Democrats were saved, but it is going to be a defeat of morale nonetheless.

I’m getting reports from people I know that the Democratic auxiliaries are out in full force right now, and I doubt they get saved from the thrashing coming up.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 01:19:08 PM »

Kinda funny how pretty much everyone after JB won in '18 said he'd be the next Illinois governor to go to the slammer but yet he persisted and seems on-track to win reelection. (unless everyone thought it would be during the second term when he'd go)
JB was saved by three things that made people love him.

1. The legislature pushing progressive policies that he went ahead and signed due to Illinois’s economy being so bad that he couldn’t veto it. Weed is the main thing but there are others.

2. A successful Covid policy well supported and messaged to old urban women. He did his best to keep masks on and keep people alive.

3. Skillful sidelining of the opposition within the party. Winning against Madigan has made passing the rest of his agenda much easier.

The demographics of Illinois makes a Republican win unlikely, and ethnic small businessmen white or otherwise have a place within the long-standing democratic party here.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2022, 03:03:00 PM »

Sullivan had no chance either, the best the GOP can put up is Bailey to energize the base
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 07:56:05 PM »

Update: Those millions spent on trying to get Irvin through a GOP electorate appear to have been thrown on the most raging of bonfires.
This was evident a good while ago.

Who in their right mind thought losers like Irvin or Sullivan would go anywhere?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2022, 01:44:50 PM »

Pritzker isn’t winning this by more than 10-15% as his ceiling.

Bailey is unelectable, clearly Sullivan and Irvin split the vote the samethig happened in 2010)14, when Dillard was supposed to be Gov the GOP nominated Brady and Rauner people that can't work with a D state Legislature
Bailey is the most electable candidate out of the three. Irvin is a loser and Sullivan is literally who.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 09:09:17 PM »

The Illinois GOP is one of the most incompetent state parties in the country.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 06:21:42 PM »

The gov candidate was always gonna lose, my only concern is if Bailey starts to drag other republicans down with him.
It won’t, as Bailey would energize more people to the polls to help Republicans downballot than any other candidate.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2022, 03:50:29 PM »

Pritzker is indeed running a low energy campaign that only appeals to democratic-inclined voters, but he is a sure in to win. It’s looking relatively bad downballot with Democrats slimming their majority in the legislature.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2022, 05:24:15 PM »

Pritzker is indeed running a low energy campaign that only appeals to democratic-inclined voters, but he is a sure in to win. It’s looking relatively bad downballot with Democrats slimming their majority in the legislature.

I sense a lack of enthusiasm for downballot Democrats thanks to anger over crime and the SAFE T act.  Pritzker isn’t talking about anything but abortion.  Bailey is too toxic to win, but what are your thoughts on the IL supreme court races and SoS.
The Supreme Court races will go in a disappointing direction for Democrats. SoS is safe Dem though.

Admittedly crime is a factor and it isn’t helping in the suburbs, but a lot of it seems to rest on hatred and dissatisfaction from Democrats nationally. Not helping that Pritzker himself is campaigning like Hillary Clinton, so who knows what sort of losses will be done in depressing turnout and even flipping many Hispanic and Black voters.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2022, 12:37:03 AM »

I sense a lack of enthusiasm for downballot Democrats thanks to anger over crime and the SAFE T act.  Pritzker isn’t talking about anything but abortion.  Bailey is too toxic to win, but what are your thoughts on the IL supreme court races and SoS.
The Supreme Court races will go in a disappointing direction for Democrats. SoS is safe Dem though.

Admittedly crime is a factor and it isn’t helping in the suburbs, but a lot of it seems to rest on hatred and dissatisfaction from Democrats nationally. Not helping that Pritzker himself is campaigning like Hillary Clinton, so who knows what sort of losses will be done in depressing turnout and even flipping many Hispanic and Black voters.

Do you think Rs flip the Illinois Supreme Court? I kinda assumed post Roe Dems should be favored in that Biden + 14 suburban seat but idk.
Since Roe, no—but they will make gains.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies