IL-GOV 2022 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:59:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-GOV 2022 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-GOV 2022 megathread  (Read 21576 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 14, 2022, 11:07:08 AM »

Irvin is a RINO so prepare for another 7% or so going to right-wing third party candidates, such as what happened to Rauner in 2018.  Perhaps his saving grace would be that conservatives hate Pritzker much more than they disliked Rauner in 2018, so they'll rally to the ticket.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 04:06:05 PM »

Pritzker is indeed running a low energy campaign that only appeals to democratic-inclined voters, but he is a sure in to win. It’s looking relatively bad downballot with Democrats slimming their majority in the legislature.

I sense a lack of enthusiasm for downballot Democrats thanks to anger over crime and the SAFE T act.  Pritzker isn’t talking about anything but abortion.  Bailey is too toxic to win, but what are your thoughts on the IL supreme court races and SoS.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 01:19:38 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2023, 01:27:11 PM by Green Line »

Republican House leader Jim Durkin resigned in January.  On his way out he attacked Trump, called for gun control and said some other interesting things.  I’m pretty sure he is considering running against Kim Foxx in 2024, maybe as an independent even.  Durkin is a former Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney.

He has terrible political instincts though so I wouldn’t put money on him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies