Who would a single-issue pro-rights-for-blacks voter vote for in each election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:23:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who would a single-issue pro-rights-for-blacks voter vote for in each election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would a single-issue pro-rights-for-blacks voter vote for in each election?  (Read 1308 times)
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« on: December 26, 2020, 10:10:40 PM »
« edited: December 26, 2020, 10:14:48 PM by DabbingSanta »

I don’t know, I really just chose a date around when the two parties were jumbled up in terms of social issues. It could be 1896 or 1912 or whatever, just around the turn of the century.
I’m pretty sure Republicans were consistently better for civil rights until 1928.

I believe the first Democrat to win a large majority of African American votes was Roosevelt in 1936.  Key group in the New Deal coalition which lasted for generations.

I should add Republicans remained competitive in some senate/gubernatorial elections with black voters into the 1960s and early 70s, especially in the South. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies