Would you spend Christmas with the British Royals at Sandringham?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Would you spend Christmas with the British Royals at Sandringham?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Would you spend Christmas with the British Royals at Sandringham?  (Read 813 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2020, 09:28:44 PM »

Would you want to spend Christmas with the British Windsors?

Right now, you would be eating Christmas Eve dinner with the Royals, essentially forced to do so.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/8057158/how-royals-celebrate-christmas-sandringham/
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 10:07:45 PM »

Yes. It would be an interesting and noteable life experience. Even if it sucked and they were rude.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 03:23:26 PM »

Yes, as it seems like an opportune time to kill them all off
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 06:12:10 PM »

I love the Queen. Her heirs all suck and will destroy the last vestiges of the monarchy that initially survived her passing.

On an unrelated note.....how does everyone in the UK respond when “London Bridge goes down?” It won’t be Kim Jong Il level hysteria but I’d imagine the grief would be massive and widely felt. Perhaps a UK poster could offer their perspective on this?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 09:18:02 PM »

I love the Queen. Her heirs all suck and will destroy the last vestiges of the monarchy that initially survived her passing.

On an unrelated note.....how does everyone in the UK respond when “London Bridge goes down?” It won’t be Kim Jong Il level hysteria but I’d imagine the grief would be massive and widely felt. Perhaps a UK poster could offer their perspective on this?

You don't think Charles and William are up to the job of being King?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 10:04:53 PM »

Charles means well, but his reign will always be viewed as an unhappy interlude between Elizabeth II and William V.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 10:06:33 PM »

Yes. I could fascinate and/or bore people with anecdotes about it for the rest of my life, and they don't seem actively bad at keeping Christmas the way the Trumps (about whom we have a similar thread) do. I also just really like the aesthetics of old-school British Christmases, so I'd be happy to spend the holiday in the UK sometime in general.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 06:28:09 AM »

Charles means well, but his reign will always be viewed as an unhappy interlude between Elizabeth II and William V.
In other words, just like George IV and William IV.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 07:04:09 AM »

as long as I could wear comfortable clothes and not a suit like some kind of lowly lawyer or preacher.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 06:39:19 AM »

In other words, just like George IV and William IV.

More like George IV and Charlotte (assuming she hadn't died in childbirth).
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 08:39:46 AM »

The Windsors are far, far above my station and I'd have to be a pretty big idiot not to graciously accept such an invitation.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »

Good God no
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 09:08:55 AM »

It will be, to quote the President-elect, a big f—cking deal. The Queen is widely beloved, and there is a general obsession with the royals. Personally, I think I’ll feel like I do when any very famous person who was not completely evil dies, a bit of sadness for a day of two, but many people I suspect will take it a lot worse.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies