Where does the "Young Kim's homophobia" Atlas meme come from?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:34:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Where does the "Young Kim's homophobia" Atlas meme come from?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where does the "Young Kim's homophobia" Atlas meme come from?  (Read 355 times)
Kuumo

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:00:20 PM »

Where does the "Young Kim's homophobia" Atlas meme come from, and how did it become so popular?

I literally Googled "Young Kim homophobia" and the only page referring to Young Kim was a 2014 post from a random liberal blog that mentioned her opposition to a transgender student rights bill. Michelle Steel is the one who forced her daughter to transfer from UC Santa Cruz to Loyola Marymount for supporting gay rights.

Just think how successful Democrats would be if they ran attack ads on "Young Kim's transphobia" and "Michelle Steel's homophobia." The Republicans would go the way of the Whigs.  Wink
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:33:12 PM »

Look up DualLamp on Atlas
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

'Campaigning off Young Kim's homophobia' is apparently how Democrats can "win big in 2022" according to a newbie red avatar who hasn't posted since he made a gazillion embarrassing threads about how Democrats can "win big in 2022." He made more absurd claims actually, such as 'Candace Valenzuela is favored in 2022 because Trump won't be on the ballot', 'Burgess Owens is a strong candidate', etc., and basically called Kim a homophobe when we have literally no evidence to suggest that (Michelle Steel is likely the homophobe he meant). I'm definitely responsible for it becoming a meme, though I'm pretty sure FalterinArc revived it.  Tongue

DualLamp was like one of those newbies who say stuff that make no sense and unintentionally make many new Atlas memes.  Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 06:43:20 PM »

I think I saw Drew Savicki claim this.  He's a bit loose with these types of accusations.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies