GTA: IV vs V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:43:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  GTA: IV vs V
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
ÌV

V

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: GTA: IV vs V  (Read 368 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »

?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:31:50 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2020, 07:24:33 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

A quality SirWoodbury thread?! I guess I have to buy a Christmas gift for my new monkey nephew now.

Anyway, this is tough for me because IV has a way better story but V has the better gameplay. I actually played through IV, and its expansions, at least twice in order to see how the different choices affect the story, but only played through V once. I've never been interested in revfisiting the story of V. However, V is more fun to just f*** around with and cause chaos since it's a little less limited than IV was in terms of what you can do.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 11:29:56 PM »

GTA IV is terrible. San Andreas, Vice City and GTA V are absolute classics. My laptop doesn't have the specs for GTA V right now, I beat it twice but I want to play it again.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 06:08:31 PM »

V and it is not even remotely close. IV is not a bad game, but V is just so so much better.

So good that Rockstar in fact has given up on releasing GTA VI Angry
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 06:20:39 PM »

IV had a far better plot, but V had a better universe to explore and enjoy. So it’s a trade off. If GTA IV had the same graphics as GTA V, it would have been the best video game in history. They should make the plot into a movie or something.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »

IV: for story and realism
V: on all other domains

I dislike V because of it's increased attention on GTA Online, arcade-ish gameplay and the fact there is no reason to leave LS ever, making more than half of the map useless. The story and characters were bad too... . Not a fan. But IV was "pretty gray" (although it did fit in the story and the setting), and it's world/replayability was worse than SA.

San Andreas was the best GTA ever.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 07:15:16 PM »

I'm only so much early on in GTA V - - I think I'm one or two missions past the BFI job where the trio heisted the secret underwater project thingy--but at least this far I have to say I prefer GTA 4. The story was better and I don't see that much difference in overall gameplay. Yeah, it has the highly novel adaptation of being able to play three different main characters and switch randomly between them. But I'm not sure how well that really works with the story and otherwise improves overall gameplay. The couple weather do hickeys on one's cell phone like playing the stock market, which I've been we haven't done that much of yet, likewise don't seem to really improve the game that much.

Maybe I'll get into it more as the game progresses, but so far I don't get the hate for GTA IV here, let alone saying it's much worse than 5.

I continue to agree with others here, though, that GTA San Andreas was and is the bomb of all time in the series.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies