Tim Kaine: Honeymoon is over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:55:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tim Kaine: Honeymoon is over
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Tim Kaine: Honeymoon is over  (Read 4908 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2006, 07:45:20 AM »

I still don't see why we need yet another tax increase when we already have a $1Bill surplus.  *grumbles*

"Legislative Honeymoon Doesn't Last Long for Kaine"

So much for Gov. Timothy M. Kaine's legislative honeymoon.

The first six months of his four-year term, the Democrat governor was locked in a partisan turf fight with conservative Republicans who rule the House of Delegates.

Some of the results are unprecedented in Virginia:

- Profound disagreement over a new stream of money for road, rail and transit projects statewide created a budget impasse that came within two days of leaving government unfunded. It's the third time in five years the state missed its late-winter budget deadline, but never had the state been this tardy enacting a budget.

- For the first time, a gubernatorial appointee to a cabinet-level position failed to win legislative confirmation. Daniel G. LeBlanc's nomination as secretary of the commonwealth was defeated in the House because LeBlanc had headed the state AFL-CIO in right-to-work Virginia.

- The House unsuccessfully tried to strip Kaine of much of the governor's authority to appoint members of state boards and commissions, including the Commonwealth Transportation Board.

The $1 billion annual transportation funding imperative Kaine identified as his first-year priority has gone nowhere. Prospects that the House will end six months of unyielding opposition to new taxes as a special legislative session lingers into autumn are unlikely.

(Cont...)
MissCatholic

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:24:24 AM »

Virginias going blue and there is nothing you can do about it modu.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 09:14:36 AM »

Only way it will go blue in an election anytime soon is if Warner is the Prez nominee otherwise it will take a long time for it to do that. Oh and just so you know, when one state starts trending blue another one starts trending red. Plus your an idiot so we shouldn't listen to you. -_-
MissCatholic

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

Only way it will go blue in an election anytime soon is if Warner is the Prez nominee otherwise it will take a long time for it to do that. Oh and just so you know, when one state starts trending blue another one starts trending red. Plus your an idiot so we shouldn't listen to you. -_-

There are many well established gop counties beginning to vote democrat due to migration from other states. Kerry polled 45% in Virginia compared to other red states that was a good show.

Considerring your remarks, its all about opinions. All i know is that your base is full of uneducated people who dont care about the progress of america. How proud it must make you feel to know your base has no respect for science. Your tightfisted grip on religion is what could destroy american imperialism.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:50:25 AM »

Your tightfisted grip on religion is what could destroy american imperialism.

Will you grow up already?  You sound like such a child.
MissCatholic

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 09:59:07 AM »

Your tightfisted grip on religion is what could destroy american imperialism.

Will you grow up already?  You sound like such a child.

are you trying to tell me that your party respects science? your base is full of people that talks crap that the world is 12,000 years old and evolution is garbage. how can i be a child when i cant have a serious conversation with you as your party doesnt recognise evolution.

if you dont believe in evolution, your opinion is irrelevant. i might be wrong on issues but im not a fool regarding religion/evolution.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 10:22:21 AM »

i might be wrong on issues but im not a fool regarding religion/evolution.

No, you're just a fool in general.  The fact that you can't grasp that people can follow both science AND religion just goes to show how shallow of a thought process you possess.  Quit wasting space with your childish rants.
MissCatholic

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 10:31:38 AM »

No, you're just a fool in general.  The fact that you can't grasp that people can follow both science AND religion just goes to show how shallow of a thought process you possess.  Quit wasting space with your childish rants.

You cant believe in evolution and religion. its like saying your a man and a women.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 10:45:57 AM »

I think Virginia is trending Democratic but it will take longer than one Presidential election to show this. The state will be interesting this year, with some apparently competetive Republican-held Congressional Districts and Allen vs. Webb.  In 2008 the pending retirement of John Warner would obviously mean quite a hard-fought battle as well as the presidential race where we have no idea what the dynamics will be or who the candidates are.  Finally in 2009, there is the open gubernatorial election which I suppose favours Republicans if Democrats win the Presidency in 2008.  Also, who controls the Virginia legislative branches? Are there elections this year and whats the outlook like?
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 11:09:40 AM »

The GOP controls both houses of the VA legislature, though lately Democrats have been picking up seats.  Dems might have several more if the state hadn't been gerrymandered in the last redistricting, under GOP Gov. Jim Gilmore (a worthless partisan hack, IMO.)

With the current composition of the legislature, and especially the House, the wonder is not that Kaine's "honeymoon" is over but if he even had one in the first place.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »

You cant believe in evolution and religion. its like saying your a man and a women.

I guess the Catholic Church has a gender identification problem.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 01:35:23 PM »

Or Virginia could be one of those states where it becomes more Blue, but will never be Blue.

Kinda like Pennsylvania in reverse.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 01:48:16 PM »

If the dems nominee is warner or bayh then I can see virginia going democrat.
Raoul Takemoto
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 05:45:35 PM »

Tim Kaine's honeymoon ended shortly after taking office, when he gave that awful Democratic response to the State of the Union address.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 12:26:35 PM »

What planet are you on, Dorothy? Many Christians do accept evolution but as being God-driven

Dave
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »

I still don't see why we need yet another tax increase when we already have a $1Bill surplus.  *grumbles*

The first six months of his four-year term, the Democrat governor was locked in a partisan turf fight with conservative Republicans who rule the House of Delegates.

- Profound disagreement over a new stream of money for road, rail and transit projects statewide created a budget impasse that came within two days of leaving government unfunded. It's the third time in five years the state missed its late-winter budget deadline, but never had the state been this tardy enacting a budget.

- For the first time, a gubernatorial appointee to a cabinet-level position failed to win legislative confirmation. Daniel G. LeBlanc's nomination as secretary of the commonwealth was defeated in the House because LeBlanc had headed the state AFL-CIO in right-to-work Virginia.

- The House unsuccessfully tried to strip Kaine of much of the governor's authority to appoint members of state boards and commissions, including the Commonwealth Transportation Board.

The $1 billion annual transportation funding imperative Kaine identified as his first-year priority has gone nowhere. Prospects that the House will end six months of unyielding opposition to new taxes as a special legislative session lingers into autumn are unlikely.

(Cont...)

Look, like I told everybody last year, Kaine is a liberal, as well as an accomplished liar.

Expect more nonsense from him.

Oh, BTW, notice how both Kaine and Corzine are pushing for tax increases.

Its really irritating the voters in New Jersey.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 10:58:51 PM »

(Cont...)

Look, like I told everybody last year, Kaine is a liberal, as well as an accomplished liar.

Kaine is a fine governor.  It's the idiotic anti-tax Republicans in the House of Delegates who are fouling things up.  They've killed nearly all of the governor's major plans to increase transportation funding towards new roads and new state-sponsored rail programs, as well as educational funding to our state universities.  They care more about giving the Democratic governor a black eye than in the needs of Virginians.  If this keeps up, expect the Democrats to run with it and receive major gains in the House of Delegates in 2007.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 02:52:27 AM »

Just like Florida was undeniably going blue in 2004? Roll Eyes
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 02:57:04 AM »

Tax increases during a surplus? Either he is paranoid, or he is planning something that is going to cost a lot of money. I can't say, I've never been to Virginia.

I will say that I like Tim Kaine however, I really enjoyed the response he gave for the Democrats after the state of the union.
MissCatholic

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 04:45:32 AM »

What planet are you on, Dorothy? Many Christians do accept evolution but as being God-driven

Dave

Christians accept it you are right.

The republican base doesnt
MissCatholic

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 04:46:25 AM »

Just like Florida was undeniably going blue in 2004? Roll Eyes

I have said for a long time that Florida will be like Texas
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 06:26:45 AM »

For someone who loves science so much you seem mercifylly unaware of peope with XXY chromosomes.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 08:43:59 AM »

(Cont...)

Kaine is a fine governor.  It's the idiotic anti-tax Republicans in the House of Delegates who are fouling things up.  They've killed nearly all of the governor's major plans to increase transportation funding towards new roads and new state-sponsored rail programs, as well as educational funding to our state universities.  They care more about giving the Democratic governor a black eye than in the needs of Virginians.  If this keeps up, expect the Democrats to run with it and receive major gains in the House of Delegates in 2007.

Look, lets deal with reality.

Did Kaine promise the voters that if elected he would increase taxes, or did he state that he proposed cutting taxes?

MissCatholic

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 09:23:09 AM »

For someone who loves science so much you seem mercifylly unaware of peope with XXY chromosomes.

For someone who likes politics i think its amusing that you criticize politicians for personal attacks yet you seem willing to attack me.

The good thing is we might disagree on how to make our points but we both agree that evolution is a fact. And in my opinion will destroy christianity. this is the century where christianity suffers the same fate as paganism did centuries ago.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 10:26:42 AM »

For someone who likes politics i think its amusing that you criticize politicians for personal attacks yet you seem willing to attack me.

The good thing is we might disagree on how to make our points but we both agree that evolution is a fact. And in my opinion will destroy christianity. this is the century where christianity suffers the same fate as paganism did centuries ago.

Sure, sure. Keep your fantasies Nomo. Roll Eyes (That's about the destruction of Christianity, not evolution)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies