What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:59:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm?  (Read 1861 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: December 23, 2020, 12:58:21 PM »

I'm not enough of an exclusivist to be confident it would be an improvement.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 02:04:09 PM »

Everyone would have some organized spiritual beliefs, and would be at least mildly practicing. People would be happy to talk about them, as they would for a hobby or for sports teams. There would be some Benedict-option isolationists, but they're generally seen as eccentrics. There would be no fundamentalists. People are simultaneously respectful of religious beliefs and willing to debate them, but religious institutions are fair game. For instance, it would be taboo to ridicule Catholic beliefs about Mary, but the Internet would be flooded with memes about Catholic clergy just as it is with memes about politicians.

This actually sounds really nice. If I'd bothered to answer this thread in more detail I might have said something similar.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies