What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:34:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm?  (Read 1876 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: January 03, 2021, 01:44:41 PM »

I'm SO biased, obviously, but of course I think it would be better!  Then again, I don't want everyone to share my spiritual VIEWS but rather the general temperament of more liberal Mainline Protestantism.  What I mean by that is that I find a lot of the divisive rhetoric of many Evangelical circles (i.e., defining who's a "real Christian" and, IMO, spitting on the tradition of free thinking among Christian scholars and demanding far too dogmatic views of the Bible) to be incredibly damaging to Christianity, making many younger people feel that if they aren't on board with more conservative denominations of Christianity, they are simply more at home being "Unaffiliated."  Without passing judgment on whether being "Christian" or "Unaffiliated" is better or worse, I DO believe the decline in "moderate Christianity" in favor of secularism or conservative Christianity has had a damaging effect on cultural discourse.  Having a Catholic Democrat argue with a Lutheran Republican or whatever just simply seemed to yield a lot more productivity than a Baptist Republican arguing with an Agnostic Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies