What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:42:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What would the world look like if your religious/spiritual views were the norm?  (Read 1838 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 02:04:09 PM »

Everyone would have some organized spiritual beliefs, and would be at least mildly practicing. People would be happy to talk about them, as they would for a hobby or for sports teams. There would be some Benedict-option isolationists, but they're generally seen as eccentrics. There would be no fundamentalists. People are simultaneously respectful of religious beliefs and willing to debate them, but religious institutions are fair game. For instance, it would be taboo to ridicule Catholic beliefs about Mary, but the Internet would be flooded with memes about Catholic clergy just as it is with memes about politicians.

This actually sounds really nice. If I'd bothered to answer this thread in more detail I might have said something similar.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 10:57:31 AM »

Judaism would be the world's dominant religion.  Everyone would automatically be off work on all Jewish holidays.

The Catholic Church would be extremely liberal, the Pope would be a woman, and priests would be allowed to get married.

There is not a religion in the world that disapproves of gay marriage (of course 1/3 of the population is gay in my world).

In the United States, the idea that a politician would say "I'm running for office to instill conservative Christian values in our country" would be considered downright ludicrous.  Just as it would for a politician to say "I want to be President to promote Islamic values in our country."

The world has not seen a war based on religious differences in 1,000 years - and people are determined to make it stay that way.

Religious fundamentalism is dying out and dying out fast, and Thank God for that.

FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2021, 01:40:41 AM »

Here you go Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies