Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:06:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
Author Topic: Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021  (Read 69739 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: June 13, 2021, 01:11:58 PM »

Thank God it passed in the Knesset. Cheesy Now let's hope it will be stable and lasts.
Angel of Death
« Reply #976 on: June 13, 2021, 01:13:18 PM »

Corrected.

Ta'al and Odeh ended up voting against after they saw Al-Haroumi (Ra'am) abstained

Are you sure it's because of that and not because they saw that none of the Joint List needed to abstain in order to get rid of Netanyahu?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #977 on: June 13, 2021, 01:15:58 PM »

Corrected.

Ta'al and Odeh ended up voting against after they saw Al-Haroumi (Ra'am) abstained

Are you sure it's because of that and not because they saw that none of the Joint List needed to abstain in order to get rid of Netanyahu?
It was 60-56 in the first reading, they waited to see how Alharoumi voted before deciding, if he would have voted against they would have had to leave the assembly not to be counted.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #978 on: June 13, 2021, 01:17:30 PM »

Corrected.

That's exactly what it means; once they saw the Ra'am guy would be making himself scarce rather than voting against (and thus that unified JL opposition would make it a 60-59 vote rather than 60-60), they came back and voted against with a clear conscience.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #979 on: June 13, 2021, 01:39:48 PM »

That's great news. Bye bye, Bibi.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #980 on: June 13, 2021, 01:49:42 PM »

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #981 on: June 13, 2021, 01:56:31 PM »

As an aside, I've gained a ton of respect for Ayman Odeh over the past two years. He sticks to his values but accommodates the lesser evil when he absolutely has to. All politicians holding office in "difficult" countries should aspire to his balance of principle and pragmatism.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #982 on: June 13, 2021, 02:37:02 PM »

One more from the global far-right falling… Good.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #983 on: June 14, 2021, 02:24:45 AM »

As an aside, I've gained a ton of respect for Ayman Odeh over the past two years. He sticks to his values but accommodates the lesser evil when he absolutely has to. All politicians holding office in "difficult" countries should aspire to his balance of principle and pragmatism.

Lapid potentially deserves similar credit.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #984 on: June 14, 2021, 09:29:11 AM »

How high is the chance the new govt breaks apart in the coming weeks or months and Netanyahu returns to power? I'm not that confident coalition of 8 parties from accross the spectrum can govern with a single vote majority. I would assume Bibi stands ready once that happens.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #985 on: June 14, 2021, 09:47:56 AM »

How high is the chance the new govt breaks apart in the coming weeks or months and Netanyahu returns to power? I'm not that confident coalition of 8 parties from accross the spectrum can govern with a single vote majority. I would assume Bibi stands ready once that happens.

Keep in mind that Joint List is not in the government but obviously would not be in a Bibi government either. Given that, Likud would need support from its traditional partners plus Yamina and Ra'am. Given that Bennett is PM atm and I sincerely doubt that the Religious Zionists would be chill working in a government with Arabs, I think the only real way for Likud to return to power is new elections.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #986 on: June 14, 2021, 10:31:48 AM »

A government can fall in one of several ways:
- The PM orders to dissolve Knesset, irrelevant with the rotation government.
- Constructive motion of no confidence that installs a new government. Requires 61 votes Bibi does not have in this house.
-The Knesset dissolves itself, requires 61 votes that do not exist atm
-The State Budget Bill does not pass by a certain date and the Knesset automatically dissolves.

With all four options, Bibi can't form a government with this house and requires a general election first. So not in the next 6 months.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #987 on: June 14, 2021, 02:25:23 PM »

Am I right that Bennett's plan is with the power of the office of PM to merge with or take over the post-Bibi Likud and jump governments to a new right wing coalition as soon as Netanyahu is gone?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #988 on: June 14, 2021, 04:23:56 PM »

Am I right that Bennett's plan is with the power of the office of PM to merge with or take over the post-Bibi Likud and jump governments to a new right wing coalition as soon as Netanyahu is gone?

Maybe. The unspoken goal of half the coalition is that decapitating Likud with no heir apparent would potentially free up a bunch of voters. These voters would flow to one coalition part or another. It's hard to talk about just Yamina's long term ambitions in this way separate from everyone else.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #989 on: June 14, 2021, 08:26:49 PM »

Keep in mind that Joint List is not in the government but obviously would not be in a Bibi government either. Given that, Likud would need support from its traditional partners plus Yamina and Ra'am. Given that Bennett is PM atm and I sincerely doubt that the Religious Zionists would be chill working in a government with Arabs, I think the only real way for Likud to return to power is new elections.

Plot twist: Bibi incorporates Gaza into Israel, then forms a government by giving Hamas full authority over Gaza plus fat subsidies in exchange for support in turning the remainder of Israel into a non-secular Jewish state. Bibi, the Religious Zionists and the Islamists live happily ever after thanks to their overwhelming demographic advantage, solving the Israel-Palestine conflict in the most corrupt way possible.
DL
Canada

« Reply #990 on: June 15, 2021, 04:52:42 PM »

When does Castillo get inaugurated?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #991 on: June 15, 2021, 05:12:52 PM »

Castillo is already god emperor of all nations Wink (wrong thread ofc, but I'm not letting this slip away)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #992 on: June 15, 2021, 05:19:54 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2021, 09:20:53 PM by Extremely Beatable Titan Keiko Fujimori »

Castillo is already god emperor of all nations Wink (wrong thread ofc, but I'm not letting this slip away)

This rotation government is getting out of hand!

(July 28, btw, the 200th anniversary of independence from Spain.)
DL
Canada

« Reply #993 on: June 15, 2021, 08:05:16 PM »

Ooops
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #994 on: June 15, 2021, 10:52:31 PM »

Not high at all, & that'll remain the case so long as Bibi remains the convictionless (in more ways than one lol) leader of Likud, as he's the best possible incentive for a coalition that's literally built upon a need to keep him out of power to stay together. In any event, though, they all have a lot to lose now from dissolving it & allowing yet another election to occur so soon: ​nearly everybody in the coalition either lost face &/or went back on campaign promises in order to join the coalition, so it's in their collective interests to tune down the disagreements & work through potential common ground. They're in a good position, but they can't afford to not improve their image before the next election, which a dissolution of the government anytime soon would preclude. In particular, Bennett can probably be trusted - especially on the budget, but really on anything because the collective power of everybody else in the coalition serves to temper his far-right views - because new changes to the Basic Law will mean that if he prevents one from passing, Lapid would get to take over & get another go at trying to pass the budget before potentially being the incumbent PM who takes Israel into the next election.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #995 on: June 16, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #996 on: June 16, 2021, 10:33:25 PM »

The people who do this must be so loyal they only look at nsfw content that has no women in it
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #997 on: June 16, 2021, 11:28:03 PM »

If the blurred out cabinet members do something that benefit the intended audience of the photo, how should the intended audience react?

Huh
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #998 on: August 24, 2021, 03:08:51 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2021, 07:05:42 AM by Hnv1 »

How did our old revolutionary vanguard vote?

The breakdown for the Kibbutz movement:

• The general Kibbutz movement with over 242 Kibbutz that has their own precincts had a total of 92,618 voters (equal to 2.5 seats in the house) broken down into:

Labour 25.6%
    Yesh Attid 23%
    Meretz 18.8%
    B&W 13.4%
    Others 19.1%***

The traditional left (Labour+Meretz) is losing its hold with less than 50% of the votes (2019-2020 had far less but that was due to jumbo B&W sucking in the votes). This long term trend is expected to continue
  • The Kibbutz Haartzi - Hashomer Hatzair, the bastion of old MAPAM, and identified with Meretz, with 84 Kibbutzim and 33,844 voters:

Meretz 28.9%
    Yesh Attid 21.9%
    Labour 21.1%
    B&W 12%
    Others 16%

Meretz is still dominant, though 11 points less than 2013, and 35 points less than 1999. Yesh Attid is surprisingly strong. Considering Meretz allocate 17% of the party convention seats to these Kibbutzim, and they account for less than 5% of Meretz voters I'd say it's time to rethink this arrangement.
  • The Communal Current, i.e., all the Kibbutzim of all three movements that kept a degree of cooperative living, well one would expect they would tilt further to the left. But with 54 Kibbutzim and 21,036 votes:

Labour 28%
    Meretz 22.3%
    Yesh Attid 21.3%
    B&W 13.3%
    Others  15.01%

6 points gap to the left (sum of Labour+Meretz), but the communal movement built fewer extensions, so once you account for this factor you find no significant difference with the non-cooperative K=kibbutzim.

70 years after the split, 52 years after the merger of Labour, and 40 years after the respective kibbutz movements united, we still have minor differences between the Unified movement and the Union movement.
Unified Kibbutz movement identified with Achdot Haavoda and was Marxist but hawkish. The Union identified with MAPAI and wasn't Marxist. Unified Kibbutzim tilt slightly to the left with more support to Labour, union Kibbutzim tilt more to the right.

• The Unified Movement with 62 Kibbutzim:

Labour 29.6%
    Yesh Attid 23.3%
    B&W 14.2%
    Meretz 12.75%
    Others 20.1%
  • The Union with 87 kibbutzim:

Labour 27.2%
    Yesh Attid 24.2%
    B&W 14.45%
    Meretz 13.1%
    others 21%

***(note that most of the others are the result of extensions that brought new population into the Kibbutzim after the '90s)
**** The religious Kibbutz movement was excluded here
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies