Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:28:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40
Author Topic: Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021  (Read 69676 times)
bigic
Serbia and Montenegro

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »

Didn't Likud attack him about the Iran hack in the previous election campaign?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2020, 01:05:33 AM »

Israeli snap election 1: The Yamin Menace
Israeli snap election 2. Attack of the Retired IDF Rav Alufs
Israeli snap election 3: Revenge of the Right
Israeli snap election 4: A New Hope (YOU ARE HERE)
Israeli snap election 5: Bibi Strikes Back
Israeli snap election 6: Return of the Left
Israeli snap election 7: Labor Zionism Awakens
Israeli snap election 8: The Last Kibbutznik
Israeli snap election 9: The Rise of Ben Gurion
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2020, 02:16:41 AM »

Didn't Likud attack him about the Iran hack in the previous election campaign?
Yes. Apparently he was the idiot and he leaked it himself by mistake
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2020, 06:21:58 AM »

What's the stance of Gideon Sa'ar and his new secular conservative party with regards the annexation of (large swathes of) the West Bank? It's clear that Bibi prefers buying time and status quo, as the deal with the UAE demonstrates and regardless his campaign promises. But the far-right settlers must be very displeased and their seats could be neccessary to forge a new majority...
Pro annexation, not unlike Bennet or the Likud.

I think Bibi genuinely wanted to annex something but Gantz and Ashkenazi did swift moves in DC to prevent it. he won't do so with a dem president the white house

I'm sure that Bibi and Gantz wanted to anex something. It's a question of timing and opportunity. I doubt Gantz has any strategic visión, but Netanyahu is diffferent

Anyway this article in Times of Israel explains things a bit. It's all again focused on the figure of Netanyahu, plus the emergence of two ambitious challengers on the right and  the far right, Sa'ar and Bennet. This election will certificate the defunction of the centre-left Labor party and the vanishment of Blue & White (claiming Gantz, Lapid or Peretz are "centre-left" politicians is a joke but whatever). Israel drifts further and further to the right and elections are no longer about ideology or different projects but a matter of personal ambitions. Whoever wins the course f destruction continúes. Sad

https://www.timesofisrael.com/whoever-wins-well-be-a-fundamentally-changed-israel-when-this-election-is-over/

Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2020, 07:23:28 AM »

What's the stance of Gideon Sa'ar and his new secular conservative party with regards the annexation of (large swathes of) the West Bank? It's clear that Bibi prefers buying time and status quo, as the deal with the UAE demonstrates and regardless his campaign promises. But the far-right settlers must be very displeased and their seats could be neccessary to forge a new majority...
Pro annexation, not unlike Bennet or the Likud.

I think Bibi genuinely wanted to annex something but Gantz and Ashkenazi did swift moves in DC to prevent it. he won't do so with a dem president the white house

I'm sure that Bibi and Gantz wanted to anex something. It's a question of timing and opportunity. I doubt Gantz has any strategic visión, but Netanyahu is diffferent

Anyway this article in Times of Israel explains things a bit. It's all again focused on the figure of Netanyahu, plus the emergence of two ambitious challengers on the right and  the far right, Sa'ar and Bennet. This election will certificate the defunction of the centre-left Labor party and the vanishment of Blue & White (claiming Gantz, Lapid or Peretz are "centre-left" politicians is a joke but whatever). Israel drifts further and further to the right and elections are no longer about ideology or different projects but a matter of personal ambitions. Whoever wins the course f destruction continúes. Sad

https://www.timesofisrael.com/whoever-wins-well-be-a-fundamentally-changed-israel-when-this-election-is-over/

It was basically Ashkenazi who Stopped the annexation...I think he will be on the move, paradoxically maybe even to the right.

The collapse of the left and the left-right distinction as an ideological spheres competing for dominance is the essence of Bibism. I’m too tired to start writing on text walls on political and sociological changes since Bibi first appeared in 88. And too old as most posters here can hardly remember the pre Bibi era. So I’ll just leave it be.

I’m not registered to any party for almost two years now and quite happy about. As to the “left” they got what they deserved
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2020, 08:31:21 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 11:22:42 AM by Velasco »

It was basically Ashkenazi who Stopped the annexation...I think he will be on the move, paradoxically maybe even to the right.

The collapse of the left and the left-right distinction as an ideological spheres competing for dominance is the essence of Bibism. I’m too tired to start writing on text walls on political and sociological changes since Bibi first appeared in 88. And too old as most posters here can hardly remember the pre Bibi era. So I’ll just leave it be.

I’m not registered to any party for almost two years now and quite happy about. As to the “left” they got what they deserved

It seems that Israel is reaching the final stages of that process of political and sociological changes you are referring to. Apparently there exists the possibility to see Netanyahu ousted from power by his adversaries, but this is becoming increasingly irrelevant. The most important feature to watch, in my opinion, is that we are witnessing the definitive and irrevocable end of the idea of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state. Regardless what the future will be, that mythological Israel (the "beacon of democracy") no longer exists. That idea is dead an buried and will never come back. I'm sorry for the forum members fond of romantic ideas about Israel, but this is it
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »

It seems that Israel is reaching the final stages of that process of political and sociological changes you are referring to. Apparently there exists the possibility to see Netanyahu ousted ftom power by his adversaries, but this is becoming increasingly irrelevant. The most important feature to watch, in my opinion, is that we are witnessing the definitive and irrevocable end of the idea of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state. Regardless what the future will be, that mythological Israel (the "beacon of democracy") no longer exists. That idea is dead an buried and will never come back. I'm sorry for the forum members fond of romantic ideas about Israel, but this is it
I think Bibi will be gone by June. But Bibism is here to stay. And that’s the pickle, because the Bibists gen 2 would be less savvy and clever than the original, but far more ignorant and violent. Like Amir Ohana or his wretched son
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »

Quote from: Velasco ⁶ date=1608903081 uid=9206

I think Bibi will be gone by June. But Bibism is here to stay. And that’s the pickle, because the Bibists gen 2 would be less savvy and clever than the original, but far more ignorant and violent. Like Amir Ohana or his wretched son

You are giving me a new reason to oppose surrogacy, but the son of Amir Ohana is not guilty. Anyway I get the idea: Bibi's gene is mutating into something more destructive

What can we expect from Biden?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2020, 03:53:17 PM »

Shelah is leaving YA and starting a new party with the independents (i.e., the self employed). Not sure what his end game here is honestly. Bargaining power with Huldai?

Shelah is very intelligent, but sometimes over intelligent and over does it in politics.
Why is he splitting? I thought YA was more content with Lapid than the average party is. Is he going to try to win over Ashkenazi maybe?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »

Quote from: Velasco ⁶ date=1608903081 uid=9206

You are giving me a new reason to oppose surrogacy, but the son of Amir Ohana is not guilty. Anyway I get the idea: Bibi's gene is mutating into something more destructive

What can we expect from Biden?
Obviously talked about prince Joffrey aka Yair Netanyahu for those who didn't get the jest.

Biden...who knows, Biden has been rather unsympathetic to the Israeli right as the archives can tell from the early 80's but generally pro-Israel. with the Senate so close I doubt he will want to give Bibi excuses to go behind his back and pressure the Dem caucus there. Bibi lost a massive card with Trump gone, but Biden has enough on his plate to tackle Bibi right now. Most of the business will be about Iran, whether Biden will disown Trump's peace plan altogether remains to be seen.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2020, 04:15:31 PM »

Shelah is leaving YA and starting a new party with the independents (i.e., the self employed). Not sure what his end game here is honestly. Bargaining power with Huldai?

Shelah is very intelligent, but sometimes over intelligent and over does it in politics.
Why is he splitting? I thought YA was more content with Lapid than the average party is. Is he going to try to win over Ashkenazi maybe?
He demanded Lapid hold leadership primaries after 8 years, Lapid said "yeah maybe next year" and pushed him aside. So he moved away. He thinks (rightly) that YA has a glass ceiling Lapid can't smash. and he wasn't content with pushed 10 places down the list.

I don't think Ashkenazi will head there...he's definitely leaving B&W but where to remains to be seen. I wouldn't rule out...nvm we'll wait and see.

Shelah polled 0.8% today, far too low. He will probably try and merge under Huldai or someone else by threatening to throw 50K votes to the bin.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2020, 09:21:05 PM »

What in the world is this? Is, is this real?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2020, 11:10:27 PM »

This thread is for discussing an election, please.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2020, 11:59:21 PM »

Is this not election related?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2020, 03:01:19 AM »

How is an American Marvel production have anything to do with our election?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2020, 03:25:23 AM »

Israeli politics is a big clusterf**k show right now, and I guess even Israeli posters would agree ...
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2020, 03:58:34 AM »

Israeli politics is a big clusterf**k show right now, and I guess even Israeli posters would agree ...
Basically Ben Gurion’s terrible decisions in season 1 mutated to terrible plot devices in season 7 (now). From the completely dumb constitutional structure, to his reluctance to confront religious parties, terrible handling of the Sephardi, the Arabs, and not keeping the military at safe distance from politics.

Oh and promoting scum bags like Peres and Dayan to the front seat.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2020, 09:57:13 AM »

*DC. Us MCU stans do not claim the DCEU as our own.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2020, 05:14:29 PM »

Oh ••••, thought it was a political ad for a moment, nvm
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2020, 02:00:20 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2020, 02:33:21 PM by Hnv1 »

Huldai to announce a new party tomorrow. Rather pointless as we all know it will end in all sorts of mergers

Lapid is courting Livin to return and might axe Boogie (good riddance). Might help him with funds and electorally, might make future coalition talks with Sa’ar harder.

Meretz appears to be heading towards a solo run.

Sa’ar got some more Likud mayors to join today.

Bennett is really bad at campaigning.

* since Huldai will resign as mayor elections will be held within 60 days of his resignation, direct election. As it’s Tel Aviv and it’s a prestigious position we might see some big names run. I knew Akunis from Likud is thinking about it. Zamir from B&W will be there. I suppose someone from Meretz will enter. The Tel Aviv elections is usually the left vs centre left.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2020, 07:22:51 PM »

Huldai to announce a new party tomorrow. Rather pointless as we all know it will end in all sorts of mergers

Lapid is courting Livin to return and might axe Boogie (good riddance). Might help him with funds and electorally, might make future coalition talks with Sa’ar harder.

* since Huldai will resign as mayor elections will be held within 60 days of his resignation, direct election. As it’s Tel Aviv and it’s a prestigious position we might see some big names run. I knew Akunis from Likud is thinking about it. Zamir from B&W will be there. I suppose someone from Meretz will enter. The Tel Aviv elections is usually the left vs centre left.

Does he have the power to choose when exactly he will resign, or is simply the act of adding his name to a national list require resignation. I can think of quite a few reasons why one would want the election to coincide with the national one for example, but that would require resigning on a exact date.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2020, 01:47:43 AM »

Does he have the power to choose when exactly he will resign, or is simply the act of adding his name to a national list require resignation. I can think of quite a few reasons why one would want the election to coincide with the national one for example, but that would require resigning on a exact date.
The law simply states you can’t be an MK and a mayor so theoretically until March 30 if he’s elected. But it would look bad if he campaigned as a mayor
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2020, 07:58:39 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2020, 08:01:43 AM by Hnv1 »

Nissenkorn to join Huldai. Gantz to sack Nissenkorn as justice minister, and Gantz will head B&W anyhow. He’ll be under the threshold at current pace unless he really does something foul to save himself

Huldai will remain as mayor until the elections (bad move in one sense good as not having to deal with his backyard meanwhile in another)
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2020, 06:01:36 PM »

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/justice-minister-avi-nissenkorn-joining-tel-aviv-mayors-party-653611

Awful name, but hopefully it'll help motivate the center-left to get out and vote.

Policy wise i'm assuming it'll just be the Labor Party in drag, but i'm wondering whether it'll absorb Labor for the sake of saving a few tens of thousands of votes or if that party will just die altogether.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2020, 03:01:48 AM »

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/justice-minister-avi-nissenkorn-joining-tel-aviv-mayors-party-653611

Awful name, but hopefully it'll help motivate the center-left to get out and vote.

Policy wise i'm assuming it'll just be the Labor Party in drag, but i'm wondering whether it'll absorb Labor for the sake of saving a few tens of thousands of votes or if that party will just die altogether.
It might absorb labour for the finances (Labour owns lands worth around 45m USD). Definitely not front row seats. Yaron Zalicha is joining today.

Meretz announced leadership primaries on 13.1 and list primaries on 21.1. Nothing to see here, maybe Zandberg gets knocked back a few spots. Still doubt they’ll run alone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies