Who is the best female governor in America?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:30:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who is the best female governor in America?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who is the best female governor in America?
Janet Napolitano (D-AZ)

Jodi Rell (R-CT)

Ruth Minner (D-DE)

Laura Lingle (R-HA)

Kathleen Sebelius (D-KS)

Kathleen Blanco (D-LA)

Jennifer Granholm (D-MI)

Christine Gregoire (D-WA)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Who is the best female governor in America?  (Read 5462 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2006, 04:00:15 AM »

Not sure, but Blanco is the worst.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 05:07:28 AM »

Because she got it via bitching and whining. She stole an election by just crying in the milk until the recount went her way. Also, the whole "dead voter" thing.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 05:22:55 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2006, 05:25:11 AM by Alcon »

Because she got it via bitching and whining. She stole an election by just crying in the milk until the recount went her way. Also, the whole "dead voter" thing.

Are you aware that all the recounts in that case were agreed to by both parties?  And I'm not sure the "dead voter" thing necessarily meant Rossi won.  It was one hell of a terrible election.

By the way, it's Linda, nor Laura, Lingle. Tongue
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 11:31:05 AM »

Are you aware that all the recounts in that case were agreed to by both parties?  And I'm not sure the "dead voter" thing necessarily meant Rossi won.  It was one hell of a terrible election.

I thought Dino Rossi was the one doing the bitching and whining in that election, mainly about the surfacing of more votes for Gregoire in King County.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 05:28:24 AM »

I am aware, and I am also aware that the first two showed Rossi to be the winner. The dead voter thing, IIRC, was a controversy because it happened primarily in Democratic districts. I'll agree with you on one thing though, terrible election. I felt sorry for the Wash**tonians.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 04:04:58 PM »

I am aware, and I am also aware that the first two showed Rossi to be the winner. The dead voter thing, IIRC, was a controversy because it happened primarily in Democratic districts. I'll agree with you on one thing though, terrible election. I felt sorry for the Wash**tonians.

That's what the Republicans want you to think...
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 07:29:07 PM »

Granholm.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 08:53:46 PM »

That's what the Republicans want you to think...

Of course, it's all a GOP conspiracy. Roll Eyes

Waaaaah.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »

Ed Rendell.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 02:53:07 PM »

50 STATES = 50 GOVERNORS..only 8 are female - 6 are democrats 2 are republicans - its not very good for a nation that claims to champion womens rights.

But im going for the one that SHOULD run for president either in 2008 or 2010 and thats Kathleen Sebelius (recent poll she finished 7th ahead of edwards and richardson) Shes done a fantastic job and i think she could seriously challenge the GOP for a senate seat in 2008 or 2010. She has so many options. She could be vp. She was voted as 1 of Time Magazines top 5 govenors and hopefully will cruise to a deserved re-election as the girl has turned the kansas gop into a disorganised mob with no ideas on how to remove a moderate democrat from office.

Why do you obsess so much about having a woman as president?  It's not going to happen for a very long time.

Anyway, in response to the orginial question, I say Sebelius.

Women make great leaders. Because men think they cant lead, they think more and common sense takes over. Hence they generally make the right decision. But you dont get a average women doing an average job. you get extremes. you get nutcases and then you get legends.

I think Kathleen Sebelius is the real deal. She cant even give a hint about running because where she is from. The republicans are in complete disarray and they see the threat she poses to them. But after re-election she should go to Iowa. She could win there no problem.

- Shes a democrat, female complete opposite to Hillary.
- Shes a democrat who has never raised taxes. - no tax card
- Shes a democrat thats from Kansas. no liberal card
- Shes a democrat that is a successful governor - no voting record.
- Shes a democrat that has no position on Iraq - no comments on war.
- Shes a democrat whose political family were all successful republicans in Ohio. Heavy republican areas would be reduced and she would win.

Hmmm...

I like it.  I don't know her views on foreign policy, but if she took a relatively anti-war position, it would serve her best in the primary.  Moreover, the plains states generally tends ot be fairly reasonable on foreign policy (Senator Pat roberts, excepted)...

The only problem, I fear, is the more crowded the primary, the better the chance that Hillary will win.  Of course, I suppose there's nothing wrong with a crowded anti-hillary group as long as most drop out before the actual voting.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »

My top 3 are Napolitano, Sebelius, and Granholm
Republican Michigander

Political Matrix
E: 5.81, S: -2.26

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 09:28:42 AM »

Granholm? Try living here in this single state recession under her.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 10:24:28 AM »

Granholm? Try living here in this single state recession under her.

In all fairness, I doubt she has much to do with it.  She may not have done much to help, but Michigan has longer term economic challenges tied to the decline of the domestic auto industry whose origins long predate Granholm.

Governors tend to ride the wave.  If the economy is doing well while they're in office, they get to play Santa Claus, and are very popular.  If not, they're blamed.

But like presidents, their effect on the economy is more long-term than short-term.  If Granholm as governor helps to improve Michigan's overall business climate and thus allows the state to attract more business to replace the flagging and sclerotic union and bad management crippled domestic auto industry, then the state will reap the benefits long after she leaves office.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 12:35:29 PM »

Best Female Governor
Tie between Rell and Sebelius

Worst Female Governor
Tie between Gregoire and Blanco
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators