Stats for Spotify
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:05:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Stats for Spotify
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Stats for Spotify  (Read 936 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2020, 11:11:58 PM »

https://www.statsforspotify.com/

Who's your top artist in the past 4 weeks? All time? Top tracks?

Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 11:51:02 PM »

I use only Apple Music.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 12:15:38 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2020, 12:18:57 AM by Alben Barkley »

Past 4 weeks: Eminem (been playing his new album a lot so that makes sense)

Past 6 months: Willie Nelson (went on a country kick for a while this year so that also makes sense)

All-time: Jay-Z (He's the GOAT, what more can I say?)

It's a bit ironic he was number one though given that for a while he pulled a lot of his catalog off Spotify because he wanted people to switch to Tidal; it's all there again now, though.

Other artists high in my all-time list include Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, The Beatles, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Fleetwood Mac, and R.E.M.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 12:26:14 AM »

I'm generally an Apple guy but I prefer Spotify over Apple Music. Even though I was a huge fan of the iPod back in the day and built an enormous iTunes library that I still have backed up on a hard drive somewhere. Part of that is because when I tried to sync that library with Apple Music when it first came out back in 2015 or whenever it was, it screwed up my meticulously organized library's metadata and album artwork. Eventually I was able to find a fix for that but it made me decide I wanted to keep my streaming and offline libraries separate. And if I was gonna do that, I preferred Spotify (which I was an early adopter of after it came to the US) because I like its UI and discovery features better. It just seems to know me and my tastes well after all this time. Plus, ironically it excels at the clean UI and intuitive, user-friendly nature that is generally Apple's thing. Way better than iTunes ever did, anyway.

Now I basically never use my old offline library and just stream Spotify all the time. I actually see Spotify as the successor to the iPod more than Apple Music. It's a universally known brand that's widely used everywhere, and it's basically been synonymous with music listening this past decade in the way the iPod was the decade before.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 08:27:01 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2020, 09:02:03 AM by Marxist-Lincolnism »

I'm generally an Apple guy but I prefer Spotify over Apple Music. Even though I was a huge fan of the iPod back in the day and built an enormous iTunes library that I still have backed up on a hard drive somewhere. Part of that is because when I tried to sync that library with Apple Music when it first came out back in 2015 or whenever it was, it screwed up my meticulously organized library's metadata and album artwork. Eventually I was able to find a fix for that but it made me decide I wanted to keep my streaming and offline libraries separate. And if I was gonna do that, I preferred Spotify (which I was an early adopter of after it came to the US) because I like its UI and discovery features better. It just seems to know me and my tastes well after all this time. Plus, ironically it excels at the clean UI and intuitive, user-friendly nature that is generally Apple's thing. Way better than iTunes ever did, anyway.

Now I basically never use my old offline library and just stream Spotify all the time. I actually see Spotify as the successor to the iPod more than Apple Music. It's a universally known brand that's widely used everywhere, and it's basically been synonymous with music listening this past decade in the way the iPod was the decade before.

I used to use Spotify a lot, but I was really frustrated by the lack of lyrics. I know they have "Behind the Lyrics" but it isn't the same. Apple Music has lyrics for the vast majority of songs so it makes it easy to follow. They also have a slightly bigger selection of international songs. I used to have iTunes as well but I didn't bother transferring the stuff over, so it was basically like starting anew. To me, being able to search for whatever and listen to it right then is so much better than having to buy and download albums. I cannot believe I used to ask for iTunes gift cards for my birthday and spend $10 on a single album.

ETA: Ironically, I'm usually a Google guy. I have a Google Pixel and I run Apple Music on it. Go figure lol.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 08:32:10 AM »

My top 5 artists from the last:

Last 4 weeks: The Weeknd, Idles, Victorian Halls, Run The Jewels, The Used
6 months: Poppy, The Devil Wears Prada, Idles, Taylor Swift, Run The Jewels
All time: Kendrick Lamar, Run The Jewels, Death Grips, August Burns Red, Dance Gavin Dance
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 10:35:37 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2020, 10:39:33 AM by Laki »

6 months:

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »

My top track in the last four weeks is All Within My Hands - Live from Metallica's S&M2, very unsurprisingly.
The top 50 is obviously filled to the brim with Metallica songs. I also reckon various Fausto Leali hits and two different versions of November Rain (*weeps*).

My top track in the last six months is No Leaf Clover - Live, again from Metallica's S&M2, again very unsurprisingly.
This top 50 is filled to the brim with Metallica songs as well. More interesting is Battle Hymn Of The Republic at number 50.

My top track of all time instead shocked me: apparently it's Creep by Radiohead.
The number 2, Genesis' Firth Of Fifth, is more expected.
To put my recent fixation with them in perspective, the highest (and only) Metallica song is Enter Sandman at number 25. Well, this is actually a function of listening to so many different tracks of theirs, instead of having just a few standing out. They're #3 in top artists - see below.

My top artist in the last 4 weeks is... Metallica. Duh
A bit surprised that Johnny Cash (#2) is above Fausto Leali (#3) and that Guns N' Roses are only number 10. Apparently I didn't even listen to fifty different artists in the last months. List stops at 46.

My top artist in the last 6 months is again... Metallica. Duh
A bit surprised by having The Beatles second and Coldplay third. And no Italian in the top 10.

My top artist of all time is unsurprisingly The Beatles.
Second are The Rolling Stones. Metallica are third.
Some things are a weird throwback. Eminem and U2 in the top 10. J-AX making it into the list at all! He's number 49.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 11:56:48 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2020, 12:15:11 PM by Alcibiades »

Artists (last 4 weeks):
1. Pavement
2. Beulah
3. Pixies
4. Guided by Voices
5. Neutral Milk Hotel

Artists (all time):
1. Pavement
2. Bob Dylan
3. Arcade Fire
4. Sufjan Stevens
5. Neutral Milk Hotel

Tracks (all time):
1. Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
2. Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
3. The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades... - Sufjan Stevens
4. Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan
5. Gold Soundz - Pavement

My Obscurify score is more obscure than 92% of GB users.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 02:41:58 PM »

With the disclaimer Spotify is not my primary method of listening to music and that I only started with it this year, here is my all time:

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 02:47:21 PM »

My top track in the last four weeks is All Within My Hands - Live from Metallica's S&M2, very unsurprisingly.
The top 50 is obviously filled to the brim with Metallica songs. I also reckon various Fausto Leali hits and two different versions of November Rain (*weeps*).

My top track in the last six months is No Leaf Clover - Live, again from Metallica's S&M2, again very unsurprisingly.
This top 50 is filled to the brim with Metallica songs as well. More interesting is Battle Hymn Of The Republic at number 50.

My top track of all time instead shocked me: apparently it's Creep by Radiohead.
To put my recent fixation with them in perspective, the highest (and only) Metallica song is Enter Sandman at number 25. Well, this is actually a function of listening to so many different tracks of theirs, instead of having just a few standing out. They're #3 in top artists - see below.

A bit surprised that Johnny Cash (#2) is above Fausto Leali (#3) and that Guns N' Roses are only number 10. Apparently I didn't even listen to fifty different artists in the last months. List stops at 46.

A bit surprised by having The Beatles second and Coldplay third. And no Italian in the top 10.

Some things are a weird throwback. Eminem and U2 in the top 10. J-AX making it into the list at all! He's number 49.

You should listen to good Italian music more than sh!tty American music like Metallica.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »

You should listen to good Italian music more than sh!tty American music like Metallica.

https://youtu.be/SfivkS4A1UE
https://youtu.be/O2UbcqlV254
https://youtu.be/9I9fefU67LA

Stop linking me to YouTube videos of random Italian emo artists that no one listens to.
I do listen to good Italian music, like Edoardo Bennato, Lucio Dalla, or Francesco De Gregori. And I also listen to the band which created the two most awesome albums ever.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 03:01:31 PM »

Stop linking me to YouTube videos of random Italian emo artists that no one listens to.
I do listen to good Italian music, like Edoardo Bennato, Lucio Dalla, or Francesco De Gregori. And I also listen to the band which created the two most awesome albums ever.
Only one of those is emo. And they're all well played, not ones that no one listens to, lol.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 03:18:53 PM »

Only one of those is emo. And they're all well played, not ones that no one listens to, lol.

Okay, but they have much fewer YouTube views and incredibly fewer Spotify plays than the artists I mentioned. I don't know about other outlets I am not on.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »

With the disclaimer Spotify is not my primary method of listening to music and that I only started with it this year, here is my all time:

Surprised to see a band BRTD listens to which I also like - Superchunk.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »

(image)

Also Paramore. Thought he'd think it's fake emo.

Anyway top artists for me last 4 weeks are uh

1. Pierce the Veil
2. Avril Lavigne
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Burzum
5. La Dispute

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »

Not sure why it's surprising, they're very influential on emo.

(image)

1. Pierce the Veil
2. Avril Lavigne
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Burzum
5. La Dispute

Paramore isn't emo, but neither is a majority of bands there.

And I'd say La Dispute is great but I'm also outraged at MCR, the Nazi and a teenybop pop star beating them.  Angry
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »

(image)

1. Pierce the Veil
2. Avril Lavigne
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Burzum
5. La Dispute

Damn, you're really going through it lately, aren't you?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2020, 04:11:28 PM »

Not sure why it's surprising, they're very influential on emo.

I suppose you’re right - they just jumped out at me, as most of the bands you talk about I haven’t really heard of.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2020, 04:47:33 PM »

TOP ARTISTS
1. Bob Dylan
2. Grateful Dead
3. Johnny Cash
4. The Band
5. The Beatles
6. Jimi Hendrix
7. The Country Gentlemen
8. Leonard Cohen
9. Willie Nelson
10. Hank Williams
11. The Carter Family
12. Pink Floyd
13. The Jerry Garcia Band
14. The Doors
15. Elvis
16. Jefferson Airplane
17. Neil Young
18. The Dillards
19. Tom Waits
20. Phil Oches

TOP TRACKS
1. Great Gig in the Sky (Pink Floyd)
2. Time (Pink Floyd)
3. Crown of Creation (Jefferson Airplane)
4. Have You Ever Been To Electric Lady Land? (Jimi Hendrix)
5. When You're Hot, You're Hot! (Jerry Reed)
6. Snowbird (Anne Murray)
7. Happiness is a Warm Gun (The Beatles)
8. I've Just Seen A Face (The Dillards)
9. I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You (Hank Williams/Anita Carter)
10. Wildwood Flower (The Carter Family with Johnny Cash)
11. Brain Damage (Pink Floyd)
12. I'm So Tired (The Beatles)
13. Witchita Lineman (Glen Campbell)
14. Amos Moses (Jerry Reed)
15. Last Date (Floyd Cramer)
16. Bold as Love (Jimi Hendrix)
17. String Reprise/Treaty (Leonard Cohen)
18. Uncle John's Band (Grateful Dead)
19. Hello Darlin (Conway Twitty)
20. Cannonball Blues (Maybelle Carter)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 12:33:17 AM »

All time: Kendrick Lamar, Run The Jewels, Death Grips, August Burns Red, Dance Gavin Dance
Holy sh!t, you actually listen to worse music than you did 6-10 years ago!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 12:44:29 AM »

All-time, it is all Chinese patriotic music that is no longer on Spotify.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 04:37:41 AM »

Last 6 Months
Artists
1. Taylor Swift
2. The Killers
3. Katy Perry
4. Luke Combs
5. Billie Eilish

Songs
1            hole in the bottle   Kelsea Ballerini
2            Somebody That I Used to Know   Three Days Grace
3            Monsters (feat. blackbear)   All Time Low, blackbear
4            Can I Call You Tonight?   Dayglow
5            Mariposa   Peach Tree Rascals
6            Patience   Chris Cornell
7            Are You Bored Yet? (feat. Clairo)   Wallows, Clairo
8            I Should Probably Go To Bed   Dan + Shay
9            my future   Billie Eilish
10            Mood (feat. iann dior)   24kGoldn, iann dior
11            Level of Concern   Twenty One Pilots
12            Hero   Weezer
13            WHAT YOU GONNA DO???   Bastille, Graham Coxon
14            cardigan   Taylor Swift
15            Nobody's Love   Maroon 5

All-Time
Artists
1. Green Day
2. Foo Fighters
3. Taylor Swift
4. Kelly Clarkson
5. Weezer
6. Maroon 5
7. P!nk
8. Shinedown
9. Paramore
10. Korn

Songs
1            Renegades   X Ambassadors
2            High Hopes   Panic! At The Disco
3            Stressed Out   Twenty One Pilots
4            Wish I Knew You   The Revivalists
5            Take It All Back   Judah & the Lion
6            One Foot   WALK THE MOON
7            Heavydirtysoul   Twenty One Pilots
8            Live in the Moment   Portugal. The Man
9            Piece by Piece   Kelly Clarkson
10            The Sky Is A Neighborhood   Foo Fighters
11            First   Cold War Kids
12            Still Breathing   Green Day
13            One More Light   Linkin Park
14            The Violence   Rise Against
15            &Run   Sir Sly
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 04:45:45 AM »

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »

Holy sh!t, you actually listen to worse music than you did 6-10 years ago!

? Those are all pretty good?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies