Who will Joe Biden nominate if Breyer retires? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:21:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who will Joe Biden nominate if Breyer retires? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will Joe Biden nominate if Breyer retires?  (Read 866 times)
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« on: December 19, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »

He has repeatedly said that he plans to nominate a Black woman, so that should really be a prerequisite for any list of potential suggestions. Ketanji Brown Jackson (who was on the Garland shortlist back in 2016) & Leondra Kruger will probably top the list.

If I was on Biden's staff, these two would be immediate frontrunners. Both highly qualified, and very smart. Haven't heard of any other potential nominees that fit the black + female qualifications set out by Biden. At least, no others that are also young enough to serve for decades.

For anyone wondering Jackson is 50 and Kruger is 44.

Pierre-Louis and Montgomery–Reeves should get federal experience before they're nominated, Biden can't afford to get his first SCOTUS nominee held up.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 12:49:14 AM »

If I was on Biden's staff, these two would be immediate frontrunners. Both highly qualified, and very smart. Haven't heard of any other potential nominees that fit the black + female qualifications set out by Biden. At least, no others that are also young enough to serve for decades.

For anyone wondering Jackson is 50 and Kruger is 44.

Pierre-Louis and Montgomery–Reeves should get federal experience before they're nominated, Biden can't afford to get his first SCOTUS nominee held up.
Tamara Ashford, Camille Nelson, Denise Casper, Leslie Abrams Gardner, and Montoya-Lewis, as well as the two you mentioned, are all at least close to as experienced as Leondra Kruger.

I'd argue CA Supreme Court is a bigger job than most other state supreme courts, but I could be wrong on that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies