The Mandalorian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:05:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Mandalorian
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mandalorian  (Read 1363 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2020, 01:28:02 AM »

Did anyone watch the final episode yesterday ?

I liked it.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 01:41:06 AM »

Don't really know much about you kids and your fancy Stars War, but goddamn that brunette is hawt.

I hear shes some sort of MMA fighter.   Y'all can't handle it. 
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 07:17:08 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 07:31:50 AM by ByeDon/Harris »

Haven't seen the last episode yet, but along with The Expanse it's definitely the best "space travel" show currently in production. Beats the never-ending, often mediocre Star Trek spin-offs that came out recently by light-years. It also beats the increasingly mediocre Star Wars movies by lengths.

The Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau really struck gold here. He took the "Star Wars is a bit of a space western" (Han Solo, Boba Fett etc.) premise of the original trilogy and ran with it, developing something fresh and new, while at the same time payng hommage to the franchise's classic origins. In that context it was a good idea to have a main protagonist who's neither a Jedi nor a Rebel Alliance (or similar organization) pilot for a change, although such characters still appear on the show in tertiary roles.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 06:49:03 PM »

I really loved the first season, it being the best thing Disney has done with the franchise yet, but I don't have Disney Plus and am going to have to watch it with my friend who has it, like last time. I am very eagerly looking forward to watching the second season and, thankfully at this point, I don't have to wait a week to watch each episode.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 09:01:44 PM by Alben Barkley »

It’s definitely the best Star Wars thing Disney has done. Probably the best Star Wars thing period since 1983. Not perfect, and I don’t think I liked the second season quite as much as the first, but pretty good and the closest I’ve come to feeling like I’m watching the originals of any Star Wars media since them. What I like most about it is how it expands the universe to show what it’s like for just random people across the galaxy. The Star Wars universe started out with tons of potential to explore but for decades they left it feeling pretty small by keeping it largely confined to a few characters, locations, alien races, storylines, etc. The Mandalorian changed that quite a bit while at the same time feeling more true to the spirit and tone of the originals than the other movies. Without spoiling too much, the second season kinda walked that back a bit by introducing more familiar faces and getting a bit fan servicey at times, but it’s still way better than something like Rogue One or the sequels. Even the fan service felt more natural and true to the originals.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 11:23:11 PM »

This thread inspired me to watch the season finale (I was up to date but for that). Whoa...
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 11:52:30 PM »

I've been enjoying it quite a bit. I think one of the best things about this season is the way a lot of stuff from before is tying in with the larger universe.

I've always hoped Star Wars would move more towards streaming like this. I look forward to seeing a lot more. There seems to be quite a bit in the pipeline.

This thread inspired me to watch the season finale (I was up to date but for that). Whoa...

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 12:00:54 AM »

I've been enjoying it quite a bit. I think one of the best things about this season is the way a lot of stuff from before is tying in with the larger universe.

I've always hoped Star Wars would move more towards streaming like this. I look forward to seeing a lot more. There seems to be quite a bit in the pipeline.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 12:04:32 AM »

politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 12:25:15 AM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 04:40:31 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2021, 06:00:20 AM by It's morning again in America »

Pedro Pascal's sibling comes out as transgender:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/mandalorian-star-pedro-pascal-celebrates-sister-after-she-comes-out-n1257374

Also, Gina Carano has been fired from the show for being a Trumper/election frauder/anti-masker/Epstein conspiracy theorist, she reportedly already has a Parler account:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/mandalorian-star-gina-carano-out-lucasfilms-after-abhorrent-social-media-n1257429

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-56022084
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 06:40:39 AM »

Seems like the Pascal and Carano stories mentioned above are also somewhat related, because:

She was accused of transphobia when she placed the words "beep/bop/boop" on her online profile, seeming to mock the use of preferred gender pronouns by transgender people and their allies.[68][69][70][71] She later deleted the terms, saying fellow Mandalorian actor Pedro Pascal "helped [her] understand" the meaning behind preferred pronouns.[72]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Carano
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 09:06:56 AM »

Don't care.  For someone approaching 40, she's fine as hell.   I'd love to make her toes curl. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 07:31:13 PM »

When are people, celebrities or not, going to realize that not everything you do and say needs to put on social media? It's on you if you get criticized for something you put out there, it's on you. Especially if it involves spreading misinformation and harmful conspiracies, even more so now that a f***ing insurrection, fueled by that in part; cost six peoples' lives, caused hundreds of other injuries, and threatened lawmakers as well as our very republic. I don't care if her being "canceled" makes her a martyr, the right is always in a constant state of being provoked, so what's the difference? She already saw herself as a victim equivalent to Jews in the Holocaust, in her mind anyway.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:46 PM »

Seems like the Pascal and Carano stories mentioned above are also somewhat related, because:

She was accused of transphobia when she placed the words "beep/bop/boop" on her online profile, seeming to mock the use of preferred gender pronouns by transgender people and their allies.[68][69][70][71] She later deleted the terms, saying fellow Mandalorian actor Pedro Pascal "helped [her] understand" the meaning behind preferred pronouns.[72]

Pronouns in bio is pretty cringe, ngl.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »

HP for not having the balls to stand behind the joke.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 04:03:37 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2021, 04:18:19 AM by It's morning again in America »

Ted Cruz: Disney cancelled Gina Carano because - unlike Carrie Fisher - she played a strong woman in the franchise.

(Also, Gina Carano was born in Texas but grew up and spend most of her life in Nevada. Referring her to as a Texan is like referring to Ted Cruz as a Canadian.)

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »

Carano is doing a movie for The Daily Wire now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/gina-carano-actor-ousted-mandalorian-make-movie-daily-wire-n1257665
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 07:31:33 PM »

Ted Cruz: Disney cancelled Gina Carano because - unlike Carrie Fisher - she played a strong woman in the franchise.

(Also, Gina Carano was born in Texas but grew up and spend most of her life in Nevada. Referring her to as a Texan is like referring to Ted Cruz as a Canadian.)

Does Ted Cruz not realize that Carano was playing a character and not herself on the show? Does he also think that Stephen Collins was a virtuous pastor like his character on 'Seventh Heaven?'
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies