'It's turned crazy': Hundreds scramble for Trump pardons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:05:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  'It's turned crazy': Hundreds scramble for Trump pardons
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'It's turned crazy': Hundreds scramble for Trump pardons  (Read 585 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2020, 05:16:05 PM »

Washington (CNN) -- President Donald Trump may not be willing to accept his term is ending, but as the clock ticks down on his time in office, hundreds of his allies -- including some of his closest business associates and many high-profile criminals -- are ramping up their efforts to squeeze out the final ounces of his presidential power.

Since Trump lost the election six weeks ago, calls and emails have been flooding into the West Wing from people looking to benefit from the President's powers of clemency. So inundated is Trump's staff with requests for pardons or commutations that a spreadsheet has been created to keep track of the requests directed to Trump's close aides.

Trump, who refuses to acknowledge his loss and who officials say is devolving further into denial, has nonetheless been eager to engage on who is requesting what. He's been handed case summaries to review and, in some instances, has polled his network of associates about whom he should pardon.
With the end of his presidency nearing, Trump appears eager to wield his powers before he finds them gone. Unlike practically any other matter related to the end of his presidency, his clemency powers are a topic Trump actually seems to enjoy discussing, one person in communication with the President said, even though it amounts to another tacit reminder that his tenure at the White House is nearly over.

[...]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/politics/donald-trump-pardons-lame-duck/index.html
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »

I would go for it too if I needed to be pardoned. Trump seems to have a soft spot for criminals....

Birds of a feather you know.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 05:22:32 PM »

I’m sure the spreadsheet has a column for the price Trump is charging for the service.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 05:30:57 PM »

I’m sure the spreadsheet has a column for the price Trump is charging for the service.

More likely, there's a column marked "Priority Level 1-5" with no explanation as to how the score is assigned for plausible deniability.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 09:54:08 AM »

I would go for it too if I needed to be pardoned. Trump seems to have a soft spot for criminals....

Birds of a feather you know.

Mr. Trump is automatically attracted to criminals. It's like a magnet. You can pardon anyone. When you're prez, they just let you do it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 10:19:36 AM »

What will be funny is if he puts most of them off, telling them "I'll pardon you during my next term".
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies