Governor DeSantis mops the floor with biased reporter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:19:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Governor DeSantis mops the floor with biased reporter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Governor DeSantis mops the floor with biased reporter  (Read 1835 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »

Would you be cheering for this raid if a Dem Governor sent the police to raid a Trump loyalist's home for Ukraine documents? In fact, what tune were you singing during the Roger Stone raid, Woodbury?

WHATABOUTISM
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2020, 03:33:36 PM »

Glad to see the governor fight back. The media can really be the enemy of the people sometimes and needs to be punished for their slander.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2020, 03:40:34 PM »

He literally described a raid, lmao, what are you idiots cheering about.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2020, 03:41:27 PM »

Would you be cheering for this raid if a Dem Governor sent the police to raid a Trump loyalist's home for Ukraine documents? In fact, what tune were you singing during the Roger Stone raid, Woodbury?

WHATABOUTISM
Lol. I'm asking him to state his principles firmly and clearly, so that he can't get away with shifting goal posts later without being exposed as a hypocrite. Reasonable people are willing to do this, but I've had little success getting Republicans to back themselves into that corner.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »

WHATABOUTISM
Lol. I'm asking him to state his principles firmly and clearly, so that he can't get away with shifting goal posts later without being exposed as a hypocrite. Reasonable people are willing to do this, but I've had little success getting Republicans to back themselves into that corner.

Your (and the media’s) whole framing of what happened shows how much of a partisan hack you are.  The governor did not *send the police to raid Jones’ home.  They were there to serve a legally-executed warrant in conjunction with an investigation that DeSantis says he is aware of, but does not participate in.  Jones was given 20 minutes to open her door.  Watch the body cam footage.  This was not “a raid” and calling it such is a distortion of the investigation and the relevant facts.   
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2020, 04:22:28 PM »

Perhaps. I do think DeSantis would be one of the better candidates for Republicans in 2024. He would be able to energize Trump's base, while winning over moderate suburbanites who split their tickets between Biden and a downballot Republican this year. I also think DeSantis would continue Trump's gains among Hispanic and Asian voters.

Trump definitely energized his base in 2020. He also energized his anti-base, so to speak.

Nobody is more effective in riling his supporters in American politics for a long time as Trump. If you are thinking of Reagan, he had to win the votes of people of a sort who would eventually drift away from the GOP (the Rockefeller Republicans who weren't excited about him). The Democrats had little to offer except to their base.

Extremists can excite their supporters. They also offend.   
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2020, 05:09:17 PM »

See this is why I’m beginning to regret electing Biden already because he promised not to sue the Justice Department as a weapon. If I was president, not only would we have a special prosecutor investigating the entire Trump family so none of them can run again, but DeSantis would also be charged with murder for all the people his refusal to do anything about Covid killed and all the various other crimes he’s committed like what he did to the whistleblower.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »

WHATABOUTISM

Your (and the media’s) whole framing of what happened shows how much of a partisan hack you are.  The governor did not *send the police to raid Jones’ home.  They were there to serve a legally-executed warrant in conjunction with an investigation that DeSantis says he is aware of, but does not participate in.  Jones was given 20 minutes to open her door.  Watch the body cam footage.  This was not “a raid” and calling it such is a distortion of the investigation and the relevant facts.   

Bullsh*t. He used the legal system to bully and intimidate a woman exposing DeSantis’ corruption and incompetence. I’ll bet you my paycheck she’ll end up dead eventually if this keeps going on.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2020, 05:11:20 PM »

Perhaps. I do think DeSantis would be one of the better candidates for Republicans in 2024. He would be able to energize Trump's base, while winning over moderate suburbanites who split their tickets between Biden and a downballot Republican this year. I also think DeSantis would continue Trump's gains among Hispanic and Asian voters.

Trump definitely energized his base in 2020. He also energized his anti-base, so to speak.

Nobody is more effective in riling his supporters in American politics for a long time as Trump. If you are thinking of Reagan, he had to win the votes of people of a sort who would eventually drift away from the GOP (the Rockefeller Republicans who weren't excited about him). The Democrats had little to offer except to their base.

Extremists can excite their supporters. They also offend.   

You are certainly correct, but DeSantis is more polished and less gaffe-prone than Trump. Of course, he has his controversies (which are a large part of why I'm not fond of him), such as his infamous "monkeying up" comment during the 2018 gubernatorial campaign. But he's not the type who would energize anti-candidate turnout like Trump did, and that could work in his favor.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »

I guess DeSantis considered "raid" a word that carries the baggage of a negative connotation and it triggered him. I personally don't think the word embodies what he thinks it does, and he needs to calm down. Or maybe he just dislikes his interlocutor, and figured she gave him an opening to traduce her. If so, that suggests a lack of self discipline. But hey, we have a POTUS with similar qualities, and that did not slow him down too much, so maybe the man has a great future.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »

He literally described a raid, lmao, what are you idiots cheering about.

Blue avatars have little to be proud of. Let them have their moment.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2020, 06:32:19 PM »

The line "They've been smeared as the Gestapo for doing their jobs" is so unintentionally hilarious. He was this close to saying "How could they be Nazis? They were just following orders!"
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2020, 08:05:16 PM »

Oh joy! SirWoodbury is back with his editorialized thread topics that express his authoritarian sympathies.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2020, 09:29:25 PM »

WHATABOUTISM

And, yet, when I make such an argument, people report my posts.  Nowadays, it's called "Spam - Off Topic".  Yes, the double standard is nauseating.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2020, 09:34:18 PM »

WHATABOUTISM

That's exactly what I have done on numerous occasions against Leftist posters, yet I have been chastised for "whataboutism" and have posts unfairly deleted for "Spam - Off Topic".

Perhaps you could make a principled stand on my behalf and point out that I am doing the same thing, even as much as you may disagree with my politics.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies