Governor DeSantis mops the floor with biased reporter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:41:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Governor DeSantis mops the floor with biased reporter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Governor DeSantis mops the floor with biased reporter  (Read 1807 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2020, 10:47:15 AM »

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »

Our next president!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »

How was your week Woodbury?
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »

Best pro-death Governor in America, maybe.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »

Woodbury needs to stop with the CS
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 11:07:08 AM »

Ron DeSantis will easily win in 2024 with 335 electoral votes and in 2028 with 400 electoral votes. He doesn't even need to campaign in both elections, that how strong of a candidate he is!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 11:09:58 AM »

Perhaps. I do think DeSantis would be one of the better candidates for Republicans in 2024. He would be able to energize Trump's base, while winning over moderate suburbanites who split their tickets between Biden and a downballot Republican this year. I also think DeSantis would continue Trump's gains among Hispanic and Asian voters.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »

Are you suggesting Mike Pence resigns tomorrow, Mr. Trump replaces him with DeSantis via the 25th and Trump himself resigns before January 20?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 11:15:40 AM »

Are you suggesting Mike Pence resigns tomorrow, Mr. Trump replaces him with DeSantis via the 25th and Trump himself resigns before January 20?
I bet that is what Del Tachi is suggesting, as he wanted the Supreme Court, the military, militia groups, and Congress to do all in their power to keep Donald Trump as President. Del Tachi is basically a fascist who has been indoctrinated by right-wing populism.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »

I bet that is what Del Tachi is suggesting, as he wanted the Supreme Court, the military, militia groups, and Congress to do all in their power to keep Donald Trump as President. Del Tachi is basically a fascist who has been indoctrinated by right-wing populism.

Nah, I think he's suggesting that Joe Biden & Ron DeSantis are the same person. Think about it, have you ever seen them together in the same room at the same time?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 11:20:33 AM »

Nah, I think he's suggesting that Joe Biden & Ron DeSantis are the same person. Think about it, have you ever seen them together in the same room at the same time?

Well, they almost look the same Wink
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 12:05:02 PM »

No, no, no. Since Donald Trump really won the election, obviously he's saying that Donald Trump is Ron DeSantis! (DeSantis probably wears some sort of Trump-suit when he appears as Donald.) That's why "Trump" moved to Florida. When or how DeSantis replaced the original Donald Trump is unknown, but was probably a response to some sort of DeepState scheme against RealTrueAmericans. Probably something the DeepStaters and their Russian and Chinese allies came up with.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 12:20:13 PM »

Perhaps. I do think DeSantis would be one of the better candidates for Republicans in 2024. He would be able to energize Trump's base, while winning over moderate suburbanites who split their tickets between Biden and a downballot Republican this year. I also think DeSantis would continue Trump's gains among Hispanic and Asian voters.
There's no evidence of this. Honestly, I think that this is a ridiculous assertion. Ron DeSantis is also pathetic.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 12:26:16 PM »

There's no evidence of this. Honestly, I think that this is a ridiculous assertion. Ron DeSantis is also pathetic.

Florida's 2018 results provide evidence of this. DeSantis did much better than how Trump had done in 2016, in Miami-Dade County. It could be said that his performance, and that of Scott against Nelson, in Miami-Dade presaged the even wider gains Trump made in that part of the state this year. And I see no reason why DeSantis wouldn't be able to win Trump's levels of support in Miami-Dade in his 2022 reelection bid as Governor, and why he couldn't continue to make gains in a hypothetical 2024 matchup. I'm saying all of this, mind you, as someone who is not a DeSantis supporter, and who backed Gillum and Nelson in 2018.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2020, 12:50:20 PM »

Florida's 2018 results provide evidence of this. DeSantis did much better than how Trump had done in 2016, in Miami-Dade County. It could be said that his performance, and that of Scott against Nelson, in Miami-Dade presaged the even wider gains Trump made in that part of the state this year. And I see no reason why DeSantis wouldn't be able to win Trump's levels of support in Miami-Dade in his 2022 reelection bid as Governor, and why he couldn't continue to make gains in a hypothetical 2024 matchup. I'm saying all of this, mind you, as someone who is not a DeSantis supporter, and who backed Gillum and Nelson in 2018.
Florida is not representative of the entire country. Once again, what you said was a ridiculous assertion.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »

Florida is not representative of the entire country. Once again, what you said was a ridiculous assertion.

A ridiculous assertion? Why are you so certain of that? And yes, I know Florida isn't representative of the entire country, but the Republican trend among Hispanics this year was national and universal. It was not merely confined to Cubans or Venezuelans as some have said. Like I've noted elsewhere, Democrats would be foolish to assume that there will be a reversion to Obama-levels of support among Hispanics, and Republicans would be foolish not to appeal to Hispanic voters. And indications are that they are not. Florida's Republican Party, in particular, is known for very strong outreach to such voters.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »

A ridiculous assertion? Why are you so certain of that? And yes, I know Florida isn't representative of the entire country, but the Republican trend among Hispanics this year was national and universal. It was not merely confined to Cubans or Venezuelans as some have said. Like I've noted elsewhere, Democrats would be foolish to assume that there will be a reversion to Obama-levels of support among Hispanics, and Republicans would be foolish not to appeal to Hispanic voters. And indications are that they are not. Florida's Republican Party, in particular, is known for very strong outreach to such voters.
You said that DeSantis would make further gains among Latinos AND Asians nationwide. That is an utterly ridiculous assertion and you have no evidence of that.

Also, the Latino swing was NOT "universal".
politics_king
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 01:06:01 PM »

DeSantis won't even win re-election in Florida. WTF are you even babbling about?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 01:07:02 PM »

You said that DeSantis would make further gains among Latinos AND Asians nationwide. That is an utterly ridiculous assertion and you have no evidence of that.

Also, the Latino swing was NOT "universal".

It was "universal" in the sense of Hispanic precincts and communities across the country demonstrating a trend to Trump. This was not merely confined to Miami-Dade or to the Rio Grande Valley. One could look at the results in Imperial County, California, Santa Cruz County, Arizona, Alamosa County, Colorado, or even Hispanic neighborhoods in parts of Massachusetts, to say nothing of the Bronx and the other boroughs of New York City, to find evidence of this.

And yes, I did say Latinos AND Asians. There are a considerable number of Asian voters who are in much closer alignment with Republicans, in regards to economic policy, who could be won back to that Party. It would be foolish for Democrats to assume that they have a permanent lock on that demographic also.

DeSantis won't even win re-election in Florida. WTF are you even babbling about?

Did you not see the result in Florida this year? If Democrats couldn't breakthrough in the state in 2018, with Nelson going down to defeat and Gillum losing, along with every other statewide Democrat except for Nikki Fried, what makes you think they will breakthrough there in 2022, especially in the context of a Biden midterm?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »

It was "universal" in the sense of Hispanic precincts and communities across the country demonstrating a trend to Trump. This was not merely confined to Miami-Dade or to the Rio Grande Valley. One could look at the results in Imperial County, California, Santa Cruz County, Arizona, Alamosa County, Colorado, or even Hispanic neighborhoods in parts of Massachusetts, to say nothing of the Bronx and the other boroughs of New York City, to find evidence of this.

And yes, I did say Latinos AND Asians. There are a considerable number of Asian voters who are in much closer alignment with Republicans, in regards to economic policy, who could be won back to that Party. It would be foolish for Democrats to assume that they have a permanent lock on that demographic also.
Yeah, now you're just babbling and bringing up stuff that I never mentioned lol. There's no evidence of your claims. Have a good day my guy.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 01:13:18 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 03:37:00 PM by Calthrina950 »

Yeah, now you're just babbling and bringing up stuff that I never mentioned lol. There's no evidence of your claims. Have a good day my guy.

These were in direct response to your claims. After all, you raised doubt to my point about Asians, and you stated categorically that the swing to Hispanics was "NOT universal." If you had evidence to rebut me, you would have posted it. That you are calling my arguments "rambling" and jumping from the thread is very revealing about your motives. At any rate, I'm not interested in getting bogged down into arguments like I did before my hiatus, and I'll leave this at that.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »

These were in direct response to your claims. After all, you raised doubt to my point about Asians, and you stated categorically that the swing to Hispanics was "NOT universal." If you had evidence to rebut me, you have posted it. That you are calling my arguments "rambling" and jumping from the thread is very revealing about your motives. At any rate, I'm not interested in getting bogged down into arguments like I did before my hiatus, and I'll leave this at that.
LOL, nice try but you can't turn this around on me. There is no evidence whatsoever, no matter what you claim that Ron DeSantis would do better with Latino & Asian voters than Trump NATIONWIDE. No evidence of that exists, PERIOD.

Have a good day.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2020, 01:37:15 PM »

These were in direct response to your claims. After all, you raised doubt to my point about Asians, and you stated categorically that the swing to Hispanics was "NOT universal." If you had evidence to rebut me, you have posted it. That you are calling my arguments "rambling" and jumping from the thread is very revealing about your motives. At any rate, I'm not interested in getting bogged down into arguments like I did before my hiatus, and I'll leave this at that.
LOL, nice try but you can't turn this around on me. There is no evidence whatsoever, no matter what you claim that Ron DeSantis would do better with Latino & Asian voters than Trump NATIONWIDE. No evidence of that exists, PERIOD.

Have a good day.

I'm done. It's unfortunate that certain posters on here can get overly aggressive even when there is no need for them to be.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2020, 01:42:23 PM »

🤡
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2020, 03:07:21 PM »

Would you be cheering for this raid if a Dem Governor sent the police to raid a Trump loyalist's home for Ukraine documents? In fact, what tune were you singing during the Roger Stone raid, Woodbury?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies