FOX News Poll: 80% of Trump voters want him to run again in 2024
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:11:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  FOX News Poll: 80% of Trump voters want him to run again in 2024
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FOX News Poll: 80% of Trump voters want him to run again in 2024  (Read 2388 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »

All voters:

37% run again
57% not run again

Biden voters:

9% run again
90% not run again

Trump voters:

79% run again
12% not run again

https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2020/12/Fox_December-6-9-2020_National_Topline_December-11-Release.pdf
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 02:07:59 PM »

The nomination is obviously his if he wants it, and there's no reason he won't run. He'll just spend the next four years criticizing every move of Biden, and run by claiming Biden was a disaster.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 02:25:14 PM »

The nomination is obviously his if he wants it, and there's no reason he won't run. He'll just spend the next four years criticizing every move of Biden, and run by claiming Biden was a disaster.

Hating the presidency, for one thing. Being entangled in literally all of the legal disputes, for another.

Seriously, I see no reason why this guy - who never wanted to be President in the 1st place, then hated being President each & every single day of his term but only stuck around because being an incumbent offered him temporary immunity (through certain statutes of limitations, too) & because he views being a quitter as an even weaker attribute than being a loser - is gonna voluntarily try & go for it again when he can just as easily grift off his teasing of the deplorables about how he might run (when, for the aforementioned reasons, it feels obvious that he actually won't).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 02:27:45 PM »

Hopefully he'll be in jail by 2024 and facing financial ruin. The US and the world need to move on from this corrupt, immature clown.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 02:31:08 PM »

Unless Trump is dead, incapacitated mentally or physically, or so steeped in legal trouble and bankruptcy that his life is over, he will run for president again in 2024.

For the record, I do believe that there's a greater than 50% chance that one of those three things happens by 2024, but if they don't then he'll run and will likely have little problem winning the nomination.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »

Trump will easily win the nomination if he runs again.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 04:06:12 PM »

Unless Trump is dead, incapacitated mentally or physically, or so steeped in legal trouble and bankruptcy that his life is over, he will run for president again in 2024.

For the record, I do believe that there's a greater than 50% chance that one of those three things happens by 2024, but if they don't then he'll run and will likely have little problem winning the nomination.
This is all true.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 06:10:11 PM »

Count me in the 12% of Trump voters who hope he never runs for office again.  In fact, I hope he leaves politics entirely when he's out of office.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 06:44:19 PM »

While I can see both sides of the will he/won't he argument about Trump, let's all just keep in mind that 2024 is a long way away. This time in 2012, people thought Chris Christie was the obvious choice for the GOP in 2016. A lot can change in 4 years. Of course Trump is Trump and he has a way of defying all laws of psephology, but still, these polls conducted a mere month after the last election aren't predictive of where the GOP will be in a few years.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 07:17:41 PM »

While I can see both sides of the will he/won't he argument about Trump, let's all just keep in mind that 2024 is a long way away. This time in 2012, people thought Chris Christie was the obvious choice for the GOP in 2016. A lot can change in 4 years. Of course Trump is Trump and he has a way of defying all laws of psephology, but still, these polls conducted a mere month after the last election aren't predictive of where the GOP will be in a few years.

This, but what's ironic enough is that they have been before. The first GOP primary poll conducted after the 2008 election had Romney in the lead, the first Democratic primary poll conducted after the 2012 election had Hillary in the lead, & the first Democratic primary poll conducted after the 2016 election had Biden in the lead. Obviously, though, correlation doesn't equal causation.
Catalyst138
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 07:37:29 PM »

This, but what's ironic enough is that they have been before. The first GOP primary poll conducted after the 2008 election had Romney in the lead, the first Democratic primary poll conducted after the 2012 election had Hillary in the lead, & the first Democratic primary poll conducted after the 2016 election had Biden in the lead. Obviously, though, correlation doesn't equal causation.

I’m sure the first GOP polls conducted after 2012 didn’t have Trump in the lead, though.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »

I’m sure the first GOP polls conducted after 2012 didn’t have Trump in the lead, though.

Yes, that was inherent to the post I was quoting.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »

Hating the presidency, for one thing. Being entangled in literally all of the legal disputes, for another.

Seriously, I see no reason why this guy - who never wanted to be President in the 1st place, then hated being President each & every single day of his term but only stuck around because being an incumbent offered him temporary immunity (through certain statutes of limitations, too) & because he views being a quitter as an even weaker attribute than being a loser - is gonna voluntarily try & go for it again when he can just as easily grift off his teasing of the deplorables about how he might run (when, for the aforementioned reasons, it feels obvious that he actually won't).
Donald Trump is the biggest narcissist on the planet. Of course he wants to be the most powerful man on earth, which the president of the US is.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 01:40:47 PM »

Donald Trump would be happy to never be president. But y'all had to make things personal, dance on his grave, call him a popular vote loser and now a 2-time loser. You're just begging him to run.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »

Well of course Trump is going to poll as the heavy favorite; he's the incumbent Republican president with near 100% name ID who has been at the center of every political debate for the past 4 years.

Into 2021 and beyond, it becomes harder for the media to try to cover Trump as a legitimate political actor.  He may call into Fox News and hold rallies, but the center of political turmoil in Washington will be occupied by a feuding Biden and McConnell.  Trump doesn't really have a way to inject himself into their drama, and will thus be out of the limelight.   
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 01:50:48 PM »

Well of course Trump is going to poll as the heavy favorite; he's the incumbent Republican president with near 100% name ID who has been at the center of every political debate for the past 4 years.

Into 2021 and beyond, it becomes harder for the media to try to cover Trump as a legitimate political actor.  He may call into Fox News and hold rallies, but the center of political turmoil in Washington will be occupied by a feuding Biden and McConnell.  Trump doesn't really have a way to inject himself into their drama, and will thus be out of the limelight.   
As a former never Trumper who voted for trump this year would you like trump to run in 2024? If he does run would you back him? If he doesn't is there a republican you want to run? I wanna get your take on it the trump voters I know in real life are pretty evenly split on it like half want him to run again and the other half have told me they'd prefer a fresh face but if he runs and is the nominee they d vote fore him again.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 02:24:07 PM »

As a former never Trumper who voted for trump this year would you like trump to run in 2024? If he does run would you back him? If he doesn't is there a republican you want to run? I wanna get your take on it the trump voters I know in real life are pretty evenly split on it like half want him to run again and the other half have told me they'd prefer a fresh face but if he runs and is the nominee they d vote fore him again.

There are multiple Republicans I would rather have run and be nominated in '24 than Donald Trump.  Chief among them is my beloved God-Emperor:  The Honorable Ronald Dion DeSantis, Supreme Leader and Governor of the blissful and eternal Sunshine State
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »

Disgusting, but not surprising.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »

I completely agree. His age is one thing I think a lot of people are overlooking because he didn't appear to age much during his term. But men like Trump often age like Dorian Grey: not at all, then all at once.
EvilSovereign
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 02:31:51 PM »

Has Romney even signalled any interest in running again or why is he included in every single one of these polls? Consolidating behind someone without Romney's baggage seems like a much smarter strategy for the NeverTrumpers!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »

Has Romney even signalled any interest in running again or why is he included in every single one of these polls? Consolidating behind someone without Romney's baggage seems like a much smarter strategy for the NeverTrumpers!

I imagine they're including him because he's literally the only prominent Republican incumbent who has been consistently anti-Trump when it comes to his behavior and disregard for democratic process.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 04:28:44 PM »

It's also worth noting that not a single Republican has been able to make a name for themselves in the Trump era as far as presidential ambitions go. When it comes to Republican Primaries, if I was a voter in those, I'd basically be an "anybody but Trump" voter and even I would have no idea who to vote for aside from him.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2021, 03:09:10 PM »

Has Romney even signalled any interest in running again

No.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 12:41:36 PM »

It's also worth noting that not a single Republican has been able to make a name for themselves in the Trump era as far as presidential ambitions go. When it comes to Republican Primaries, if I was a voter in those, I'd basically be an "anybody but Trump" voter and even I would have no idea who to vote for aside from him.

Huh? What about Cruz, Haley, Hawley, Pence, Noem etc?
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 11:09:33 PM »

Not surprising people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies