2020 electoral college voting **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:30:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 electoral college voting **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: 2020 electoral college voting **live commentary thread**  (Read 11866 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2020, 12:15:29 AM »

No stakes anymore folks.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2020, 12:23:56 AM »

The Arizona Republican Party is completely in alternate reality.

The forged slate and the Arizona GOP's slate is worth the same amount, absolutely nothing and only worthy of the nearest garbage can.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2020, 12:35:26 AM »

It's pretty ironic how people shouting stop the steal are part of the only concerted effort to steal the election.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2020, 12:47:05 AM »

It's pretty ironic how people shouting stop the steal are part of the only concerted effort to steal the election.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2020, 01:21:15 AM »

If I went to Washington, DC and got three residents to get together and sign a certificate stating that they were the electors from the Emo Party and were casting DC's electoral votes for the ticket of Guy Picciotto/Ian MacKaye, would that have any legal recognition whatsoever or cause DC's electoral votes to be counted for Picciotto/MacKaye?

[According to the theory] if Pence decided to accept them, then yes. If only Biden, Gore, Quayle, Mondale, Rockefeller, Humphrey, Nixon, Barkley, etc., had thought of that!
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2020, 01:34:53 AM »

More lunacy from the state of Texas...

So what does this mean exactly? Seems like the exact thing the D hacks here insisted would never ever happen.

Stop dooming about this, the "state legislator coup" was always legally dubious since all states have laws to appoint the electors by popular vote winner, and if it were to be done, it had to be done before the electors actually voted. You can now proceed to doom about fake "dueling electors" and the Electoral Count Act instead.

Everything done by Trump while president is legally dubious, and that has stopped none of it. And I asked a question as on the surface this is what it seems--if you want to cover your ears and pretend nothing is wrong then go find some left wing Fox equivalent.

The vote by the Texas electors is pure grandstanding. They have no right to compel the PA/WI/MI/GA legislatures to do anything. Trump demanded the same thing of these legislatures for week and they didn't do what he asked, and now after the electors already voted the state legislator coup is dead as I and multiple others have pointed out.

If you want to doom, at least doom about something which has a nonzero chance of happening, such as weird Electoral Count Act shenanigans with these illegitimate "dueling electors."

I'm talking about the alternate slate of electors that cast votes, which did in fact happen.

If I went to Washington, DC and got three residents to get together and sign a certificate stating that they were the electors from the Emo Party and were casting DC's electoral votes for the ticket of Guy Picciotto/Ian MacKaye, would that have any legal recognition whatsoever or cause DC's electoral votes to be counted for Picciotto/MacKaye?

You didn't actually do this, did you?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2020, 08:07:33 AM »

More lunacy from the state of Texas...

So what does this mean exactly? Seems like the exact thing the D hacks here insisted would never ever happen.

Stop dooming about this, the "state legislator coup" was always legally dubious since all states have laws to appoint the electors by popular vote winner, and if it were to be done, it had to be done before the electors actually voted. You can now proceed to doom about fake "dueling electors" and the Electoral Count Act instead.

Everything done by Trump while president is legally dubious, and that has stopped none of it. And I asked a question as on the surface this is what it seems--if you want to cover your ears and pretend nothing is wrong then go find some left wing Fox equivalent.

The vote by the Texas electors is pure grandstanding. They have no right to compel the PA/WI/MI/GA legislatures to do anything. Trump demanded the same thing of these legislatures for week and they didn't do what he asked, and now after the electors already voted the state legislator coup is dead as I and multiple others have pointed out.

If you want to doom, at least doom about something which has a nonzero chance of happening, such as weird Electoral Count Act shenanigans with these illegitimate "dueling electors."

I'm talking about the alternate slate of electors that cast votes, which did in fact happen.

You didn't actually do this, did you?
LOL no. I was going to note this ticket isn't even eligible to receive DC's electoral votes but then I remember Picciotto lives in Brooklyn now.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2020, 09:08:03 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2020, 11:58:54 AM »

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2020, 12:41:22 PM »

I was dead serious about merging the threads.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies