2020 PVIs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:15:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 PVIs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 PVIs  (Read 3657 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 09, 2020, 01:47:47 PM »

Kind of crazy that Iowa and Ohio are as Republican as New Jersey and Oregon are Democratic.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 11:53:47 PM »

Mark and Bob Sad

Anyway, I'd been looking forward to the Illinois numbers. Slightly surprised that my college's district (IL-01) shifted from D+28 to D+24. Wonder if it was more due to black people on the South Side or suburban whites in Will County. Southern Illinois (really most of the state outside of Chicagoland) has also become insanely Republican in the Trump era. If anything, it seems like it's trended R faster than the Chicago suburbs have trended D.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 01:17:17 AM »

Mark and Bob Sad

Anyway, I'd been looking forward to the Illinois numbers. Slightly surprised that my college's district (IL-01) shifted from D+28 to D+24. Wonder if it was more due to black people on the South Side or suburban whites in Will County. Southern Illinois (really most of the state outside of Chicagoland) has also become insanely Republican in the Trump era. If anything, it seems like it's trended R faster than the Chicago suburbs have trended D.

That’s the first thing I thought of when i calculated it to D+14. I was like how did Bob Dold hold this district 5 years ago

Because he's amazing. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. Also Trump is just about the worst possible fit for this district.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 10:32:40 AM »

Mark and Bob Sad

That’s the first thing I thought of when i calculated it to D+14. I was like how did Bob Dold hold this district 5 years ago

Because he's amazing. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. Also Trump is just about the worst possible fit for this district.

Do you think he could be convinced into running for Gov or Senate? In a Biden midterm he’d make it interesting and has a history of winning on hard turf

Idk. I really hope so, and would do everything I can for him.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 06:24:03 PM »

So it looks like the most Democratic district in a Trump state is OH-11 (D+30), and the most Republican district in a Biden state is GA-09 (R+31).
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 12:56:18 AM »

Richter, Pallotta and Becchi were all relative unknowns who were outraised and outspent by a ton, though the latter two put up respectable performances and still did much better than the 2018 candidates in NJ-05 and NJ-11. Richter was also a blatant carpetbagger who was going to run in NJ-02 but moved to NJ-03 when Van Drew switched parties.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »

I believe that this year AL-04 has the reddest PVI of any district since the Mississippi districts in 1964. Don't think anything else was ever R+34 before (though if course there have been many blue urban districts that partisan).

How do you find PVI data going that far back?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies