Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:48:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)  (Read 137512 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: December 14, 2020, 11:19:24 AM »

You should try posting non-cringe sometime.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 01:15:41 AM »

I don’t see how an endorsement that a person didn’t ask for  matter at all.  Sanders got endorsed by Evo Morales and Biden got endorsed by Vincente Fox. If you look you can find bad apples in everyone’s endorsement list

Evo Morales is popular among some segments of Bernie's base.

🙋

x2. His endorsement is finking awesome.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »

Nina Turner endorsed by CPC. Not particularly surprising, I guess, but it is notable that Turner seems to be getting support even from mainstream progressives.
That's because the left wing version of the tea party has taken over the Democratic Party.

It has not. It's less than 10% of the Dem caucus.

It has, however, essentially blunted the rise of Warren/Porter like progressives in favor of the Sanders/Corbyn wing.

You have an unhealthy and sightly bizarre obsession with Jeremy Corbyn.

Understatement of the century right here.

But I guess it's natural some people with lower thresholds of rationing capacity would be just as hysterical as the prevailing media narrative was at the time.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 09:34:17 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2021, 09:41:28 PM by CraneHusband »

How long after Turner wins does she give a speech suggesting we impeach Joe Biden for eco-terrorism because he didn't pass the Green New Deal by executive order?

Or maybe that's a bit hyperbolic, perhaps she just goes on Joe Rogan's podcast and trashes Biden/Kamala for 35 solid minutes, then pretends she has no idea why right-wing think tanks and GOP strategists are tweeting it all over the place and using it in ads.

The Biden Boys in this thread are off their rockers.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »

Do the centrist Dems rushing to latch on to every progressive's strongest opponent at their donors' behests realize that the entire paradigm of Democratic politics is going to change in 20 years? This talk of progressivism "destroying the Dems' future" is utter nonsense. The time to push for strong environmental policies was yesterday, but today, now, is all we can do, as we have seen with the heat waves killing hundreds of people this week. Who cares who geriatric old Clyburn endorses when that's the reality we're faced with?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 10:20:12 PM »

How long after Turner wins does she give a speech suggesting we impeach Joe Biden for eco-terrorism because he didn't pass the Green New Deal by executive order?

Or maybe that's a bit hyperbolic, perhaps she just goes on Joe Rogan's podcast and trashes Biden/Kamala for 35 solid minutes, then pretends she has no idea why right-wing think tanks and GOP strategists are tweeting it all over the place and using it in ads.

The Biden Boys in this thread are off their rockers.

Hey, whatever you do, don't look at me, y'all, I said my piece on & made my peace with Congressman Turner months ago, the latter aspect of which is presumably something that - let alone presumably more than - I presume the likes of GMac will ever be able to do. I'm just in the business of trying to make halfhearted-but-still-somehow-witty quips at this point.

While you were a Biden primary supporter, you did so with intelligence and logic to defend your stance, which is more than can be said for some of the folks on this site who are primarily motivated by extreme irrational hatred for anything connected to the Bernie universe.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 04:21:23 PM »

Still don't get why folks on Atlas seem to care about this race so much

You forget, my friend. We're not in 2021. We're in 2016 Part 5.

Considering Hillary Clinton is backing one candidate and Bernie is backing the better candidate, that's pretty accurate.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 03:22:33 PM »

Supporting a pedo to own the Bros
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 11:38:45 AM »

NYTimes tried to write an article about the race and it's exactly what we've come to expect from the times.  Nationalizing the race, saying it's Bernie vs. Biden part II, and the coverage is extremely biased towards Nina (Shontel Brown only gets one quote in the entire article!).  The Times is obviously rooting for Nina so they can write more frenzied thinkpieces about "the insurgence within the Democratic Party" when she wins.

Fortunately nobody in OH-11 cares what the failing New York Times thinks.  PredictIt at 60-40 now.

The one good thing that could come from nationalizing this race is that we might get a few more polls.  That would also be good for Shontel, since her main problem right now seems to be lack of name recognition.

When your unhinged, deranged hatred of the left is so irrational you start using Trump language to attack a centrist liberal paper simply for covering the race.

Big brain time.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »

The endorsement list for Brown reads like a "Who's Who" of the worst Democrats in recent memory. Hillary Clinton? Gregory Meeks? Jim Clyburn? New Democrat Coalition? Did they decide who to support at a Purdue Pharma board meeting? LOL.

I'm hoping and guessing this race turns out like the Manhattan DA race. Clinton candidate flops. And it's thanks to the conservadem establishment putting so much effort into plumping up Brown that this has gotten national attention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies