Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:57:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)  (Read 136501 times)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« on: December 15, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »

Turner's the very clear front-runner. Obviously it's extremely premature to discuss any aspirations for higher office she has, but if she wins this race she has a very bright future ahead of her.

It'll be nice to have another progressive in Congress.

While I agree that she's probably the frontrunner for now, she has no future beyond this House seat. Ohio is only getting less friendly to Democrats, especially one like Turner, so she has no path to statewide office. She doesn't really have nay national appeal either, especially compared to other Squad members like AOC and Ayanna Pressley.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 05:04:58 PM »

I am surprised Turner's cop ties haven't damaged her yet

Her cop ties?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 05:06:47 PM »

Everything I've seen about this race seems like Turner is running away with it. Not sure why no opposition has coalesced, but this race is Turner's to lose.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 02:47:19 PM »

Now that Fudge has resigned, has the election been scheduled yet?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 03:36:05 PM »

ugh, can OH-11 Dems not get anyone better than Nina Turner?

What's wrong with Nina Turner? She's awesome.

I mean, she compared voting for Biden to literally "eating a bowl of sh*t," not-so-subtly encouraged people to vote for Jill Stein in 2016, & never even won a contested election (before this primary, that is). Even if one tends to agree with her more often than not on matters of policy, it can't be denied that she can quite literally put a bad taste in people's mouths.

To be fair, I think she said that voting for Biden was life eating half the bowl instead of the whole thing.

In no way does that somehow put the statement in a better light.

There's nothing wrong with it. There are/were many legitimate criticisms of Biden from the left. I say this as someone whose expectations Biden has surpassed, but I really dislike the sentiment from some people that Biden is immune from criticism. He is not the messiah and progressives are allowed to call him out.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 11:22:45 AM »

Shontel Brown misgendered a transgender individual throughout a forum held by the Cleveland Stonewall Democrats yesterday, and, uh, lol.

Clearly a very serious candidate
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 06:49:18 PM »

Not mentioned yet here, but Ayanna Pressley endorsed Nina Turner yesterday. Fairly big news considering Pressley's role as a major Warren surrogate in 2019/20. I wonder if other "Warren Democrats" will be announcing their support for Turner as well.

I mean, Porter already endorsed Turner and is probably a higher-profile member of the Warren sphere than Pressley is.

Hard disagree. The general public is way more likely to know who Ayanna Pressley is than Katie Porter.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »

I'm not convinced newspaper editorial board endorsements mean much these days.
Means more than the endorsement of some Congressman from another state, and we spent a couple pages of this thread talking about that

Frankly, I think they matter equally much, which is not at all.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 07:38:38 PM »

Unbelievable. I'm honestly speechless. I don't expect us to hold this seat in November, but wow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies