Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:44:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)  (Read 137536 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: December 08, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »

none of them should resign their seat until after January 20th, although Richmond's position doesnt need senate confirmation
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »

Nina Turner's podcast is sponsored by Goldman Sachs. That's really progressive.
If that's true then her followers are giant idiots
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »

How will redistricting affect this district in 2022? I assume Ohio will lose 2 EVs and I think they might split up Cleveland
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »

How do we Fudge is getting confirmed for sure, shouldnt we wait until the hearings and the confirmation vote?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 12:25:13 PM »

El Oh El
Interesting
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 03:38:17 PM »

I don't know why people are talking about Hillary endorsing people who lost primaries like it's some kind of own.  Usually non-competitive primary candidates don't need endorsements, so naturally you're going to endorse candidates in competitive races who have a good chance of losing.

At least Hillary endorsed normal candidates who ended up losing.  Bernie Sanders endorsed the likes of Cenk Uygur, Tim Canova, and Sarah Iannarone, that's way more embarrassing than endorsing Eliot Engel.

I doubt this will move the needle, the only hope I have is that it finally gets people to think "why is Hillary endorsing Shontel Brown?"  Nine has been running one of the most duplicitous campaigns I've ever seen -- she's literally presenting herself as the opposite of her actual self and running against herself -- and it's working because she has absolutely titanic amounts of money coming in through the Bernie machine, so she's drowning OH-11 in ads and intimidating all the local officials into getting behind her inevitable candidacy.  Maybe a Hillary endorsement of her opponent will shake that inevitability.

Someone is scared of the strong Black woman who dares to speak out against the neolib "consensus."
Why is everything always about race? Address the points
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 09:38:57 PM »

So here's something that understandably went unnoticed: Mike Carey won OH-15 by just under 17 points, while Trump had won it by 14.

This result was definitely not consistent with what we saw in NJ or VA. Why was the swing in this district so much smaller?
It seems like congressional districts don't have large swings. Remember  the NM special election from earlier on
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies