Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special Election megathread (4/30: NY-26)  (Read 137753 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 31, 2020, 12:01:30 AM »

Nina Turner's son is a police officer, and her husband is a retired police officer.

Will that disqualify her?

She'll be seen as part of the corrupt system. Once you are a part of the "family", you are complicit.

The Democratic Party has a strain of anti-police sentiment baked in with the leftwing movements.

https://www.democracynow.org/2016/7/18/my_heart_aches_sen_nina_turner

Unless Nina Turner herself is a police officer, this isn't an issue.

Val Demings on the other hand, could be in trouble in a primary for that reason.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 12:20:49 AM »

CNN has projected Sarah Palin to advance to the general election.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 12:32:30 AM »

CNN has projected Sarah Palin to advance to the general election.

So a fictional character did advance in Alaska. Palins just a fairy tale right?

Wait, John McCain picked a fictional character to serve as his running mate in 2008? I didn't know that.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 12:15:38 AM »

Hot take: With GOP's underperformance even compared to 2020 in suburbs, is NC a more likely Senate flip than WI?

No, but I think there's now a very realistic chance that all three of Ohio, North Carolina and Wisconsin flip.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 02:14:15 AM »

VA-4 would have been Safe D even with Morrisey as the Democratic nominee. The only question is whether Democrats (with support from moderates/establishment conservatives) agree to seat him (I'm not sure they would, on the grounds that he'd be an embarrassment to the House).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 01:35:29 PM »

A state judge has ruled that Celeste Maloy will remain on the ballot in UT-02.

Celeste Maloy will remain on September’s Republican special primary election ballot in the race to replace Rep. Chris Stewart in Congress after a judge rejected a bid to remove her name amid questions about her eligibility to run.

On Monday morning, Third District Judge Andrew H. Stone denied a request for a temporary restraining order filed by R. Quin Denning as part of a lawsuit alleging Maloy was not a Republican when she filed to run in Utah’s 2nd Congressional District race.

In denying Denning’s request, Stone said he was reluctant to take action to keep Maloy from the ballot because that would be a de facto final ruling.

“We’re talking about upsetting a special election process that is now well underway. I think the public interest favors respecting the party convention’s choice,” Stone said.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 07:26:48 PM »

Politico has called the Republican Primary (not that it really matters) in RI-1 for Gerry Leonard Jr.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 07:34:22 PM »

I'll be damned. Not calling it for Amo yet, but my dooming about Regunberg being inevitable looks pretty silly right now. Turns out lefty activists types don't vote just like we knew all along!

I'll be over the moon if Amo pulls this off. This could turn into Shontel Brown vs. Nina Turner 2.0.

That's a really bad comparison. Nina Turner was an open Anti-Semite, and everyone on the left didn't like her. Bernie Sanders only tolerated her because she endorsed him. Regunberg doesn't have that problem. I'd honestly say he's more comparable to Elizabeth Warren than a Sanders or a Turner.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 07:54:20 PM »

Amo's probably the frontrunner for the Senate now, if Jack Reed decides to retire in 2026 in my opinion.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 08:06:25 PM »

I wonder how many more times Regunberg is gonna run and lose in RI elections.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ran for Lieutenant Governor in 2026. Assuming Sabrina Matos is eligible for a second full term as Lieutenant Governor, she's definitely vulnerable to a primary challenge now. If not, I think he'd probably run for an open seat.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2023, 08:17:41 PM »

Amo's probably the frontrunner for the Senate now, if Jack Reed decides to retire in 2026 in my opinion.

I think Magaziner is aiming for that, but I could also seem them both running.

Feels like Raimondo or McKee both have higher profiles than either man.

Impressive performance for Amo, though; really came out of nowhere. I thought Regunberg had this one.

I don't think we're going to see a lot of current or former Governors running for the Senate for the forseeable future (also, I really don't think Gina Raimondo can win a Democratic primary anymore. You do realize what her approval ratings were when she left office, right? They were really bad.)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2023, 09:40:17 PM »

I don't think Edwards is getting enough in Salt Lake County to win.

It's still a little early, but I'd expect a call for Maloy within the hour.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies