What went wrong for Christina Hale?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:33:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What went wrong for Christina Hale?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What went wrong for Christina Hale?  (Read 557 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »

What went wrong for Christina Hale in IN-05?
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »

Biden didn't even win IN-05. That's the district where polls had him up by double digits.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »

Wait I thought he did
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 10:02:06 AM »

Nope, Trump won it by 2.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 10:13:58 AM »

Republican turnout.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 10:16:53 AM »

She got less votes than her opponent.

From Steven Wright:
"A cop stopped me for speeding/ He said, 'Why were you going so fast?' I said, 'See this thing my foot is on? It's called an accelerator. When you push down on it, it sends more gas to the engine. The whole car just takes right off. And see this thing [mimes steering wheel]? This steers it'"
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 10:17:25 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2020, 10:21:52 AM by lfromnj »

People(including me to a degree by the end) ignored the 25-30% of the district that wasn't in Marion/Hamilton/Boone. Although Hale basically matched Donnely's numbers there she didn't do it in the rest.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »

People(including me to a degree by the end) ignored the 25-30% of the district that wasn't in Marion/Hamilton/Boone. Although Hale basically matched Donnely's numbers there she didn't do it in the rest.

Well, you were not alone, don’t worry most pundits expected this district to flip Smiley
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 10:30:49 AM »

Nothing, it’s just that Cook/Wasserman/Rothenberg and other experts saw that Donnelly carried the district and thus they decided that it was going to flip while completely overlooking the fact that Donnelly had lost statewide by only a single digit margin, that created a false narrative about this district, obviously the hackish dem internal polls didn’t help and amplified this narrative.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 10:34:42 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2020, 10:41:15 AM by lfromnj »

Nothing, it’s just that Cook/Wasserman/Rothenberg and other experts saw that Donnelly carried the district and thus they decided that it was going to flip while completely overlooking the fact that Donnelly had lost statewide by only a single digit margin, that created a false narrative about this district, obviously the hackish dem internal polls didn’t help and amplified this narrative.

No thats still wrong, Biden still came pretty close in the district. Although I did LOL at any poll that would show Biden within 7 points in Indiana I did buy Biden doing a bit better than Donnelly here although lol at double digits digits. However I did forget about the more rural parts of this district.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 10:37:28 AM »

She needed suburban trends in the district to be about 4-8 years ahead of where they were this year.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 01:10:47 PM »

No thats still wrong, Biden still came pretty close in the district. Although I did LOL at any poll that would show Biden within 7 points in Indiana I did buy Biden doing a bit better than Donnelly here although lol at double digits digits. However I did forget about the more rural parts of this district.

She needed suburban trends in the district to be about 4-8 years ahead of where they were this year.

These are both good analyses - this district definitely zoomed leftward, if turnout looked like 2018 this year like many pollsters expected and trends continued at the pace they did, Hale probably wins comfortably. Redistricting will probably do a number here, but I'll be really curious to see how the current district lines vote in 2024.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies