Now that 2020's over how do you think the Major democrats would have done against Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:51:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Now that 2020's over how do you think the Major democrats would have done against Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Now that 2020's over how do you think the Major democrats would have done against Trump?  (Read 408 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2020, 07:44:36 PM »

Sanders/Duckworth (I think he does better in NV ME-2 IA and TX but not enough to flip them)

Warren/Castro (she could have won but polling showed her doing the worse against trump id expect WI AZ and PA to be within a percent maybe GA too  but I think she would have lost)

Bloomberg/Whitmer

Buttigieg/Warren (would be able to scrape a win with his midwest appeal imo do a lot worse in the PV though)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 07:56:11 PM »

Biden is the only one I’m confident could have won out of the “major” candidates who actually ran. If you add Klobuchar, I think she probably could have held the blue wall but that’s about it. Bloomberg might have been able to win Florida, but I’m not sure how well he would have done overall. Sanders and Warren would have lost badly. Probably Pete too for different reasons.
jmsstnyng
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 07:58:41 PM »

Sanders could have won with MI, PA, and WI only.

Warren would lose with any running mate (I'm skeptical of how Warren-Castro would do in the upper Midwest).

Buttigieg could possibly win, but I think he'd be similar to Warren. Both of them came off as academic, wonky. Even though Pete is from Indiana, he'd need someone on his ticket with appeal to both working class and minorities.

Bloomberg loses almost assuredly. he might be a step too far for some ardent anti-Trump voters. He had skeletons, he was rich and spoke/acted as an elitist (whereas Trump is rich but does not speak like an elite).

I think Klobuchar could have won. She had issues with minorities like Pete, but she has a track record of doing well in the upper Midwest. She could have won WI, MI and PA, maybe. Klobuchar seemed like a good fit for the party after the '18 midterms (when women, the Midwest, and left-of-center, but not too liberal won the day).

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies