Any good presidential election computer games? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:10:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Any good presidential election computer games? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any good presidential election computer games?  (Read 1425 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: December 06, 2020, 01:24:15 PM »

The Campaign Trail really is the best presidential campaign simulator available.  The choices you make seem real, imply tradeoffs and dynamically affect the story and events of the campaign.  It satisfies the deep itch that players like us want:  role-playing, as opposed to dressed-up spreadsheets and mathematic resource-management that underly games like President Infinity.

This actually hits the nail on the head with PI; I've only ever had one game where I felt a genuine challenge (was Guilani running in 08 against Obama and I must have dumped about £70 million into NY only to lose it by 1% while narrowly losing Virginia & Michigan)

The game eventually becomes stale; even as a low ranking candidate you just camp out in Iowa and watch yourself climb before getting a boost before Super Tuesday. The AI spends money at a stupid rate so you always end up facing bankrupted opponents
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies