Harris laughs at a 2024 Trump run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:29:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Harris laughs at a 2024 Trump run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Harris laughs at a 2024 Trump run  (Read 3503 times)
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2020, 07:04:32 PM »

I'll be laughing at her when she loses to him.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »

Cope.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2020, 06:41:03 PM »

Remember when Obama made fun of the thought of a Trump presidency at the 2011 Correspondents Dinner?
Bickle
Rookie
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 12:33:18 AM »

Remember when Obama made fun of the thought of a Trump presidency at the 2011 Correspondents Dinner?

Remember when Trump and his supporters said the Democrats would never nominate an old white man?  Remember when Trump supporters said Biden would never debate him or make it to November?  Remember when they said he'd win by a landslide?

If Trump runs again, the same 80+ million people who voted against him will be back in 2024.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 01:09:59 AM »

Remember when Trump and his supporters said the Democrats would never nominate an old white man?  Remember when Trump supporters said Biden would never debate him or make it to November?  Remember when they said he'd win by a landslide?

If Trump runs again, the same 80+ million people who voted against him will be back in 2024.

I voted for Biden in 2020. There's no guarantee that I will vote for Kamala Harris over Donald Trump. I would say I'm leaning Trump right now in that hypothetical match up, but Harris can still win me over
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2020, 01:29:38 AM »

I’m honestly terrified he could somehow win again.

We all should be terrified of that.  And not just of him, but his children too.  And anyone else crazy.

2016 should be a lessen to us all not to take elections for granted, and that insane people with authoritarian complexes can win.  Too much has been sacrificed these last four years for any of us to ever laugh at the notion of a wannabe-dictator and laughably crazy individual becoming president again.

One easy way to fix that is to get rid of the primary system and let the party elites chose the candidate. As it is done in almost every major democracy.

Of course you oppose America's primary system. Not only because you disdain democracy, but also you fear that a popular and beloved politician such as Boris Palmer could become Minister President under a primary system (especially through an open primary). Your political views could never get implemented in a grassroot-supported political system; you need the political establishment in order for your political ideology to supplant positions with majority appeal.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2020, 02:20:51 AM »

We all should be terrified of that.  And not just of him, but his children too.  And anyone else crazy.

2016 should be a lessen to us all not to take elections for granted, and that insane people with authoritarian complexes can win.  Too much has been sacrificed these last four years for any of us to ever laugh at the notion of a wannabe-dictator and laughably crazy individual becoming president again.

One easy way to fix that is to get rid of the primary system and let the party elites chose the candidate. As it is done in almost every major democracy.

This would be a step backwards. The only thing worse you could do is bring back the spoils system of patronage.

Harris can laugh due to Trump is in legal jeopardy not her and she will determine if Trump and Don Jr should be Federally criminalized that Barr refused to do, since Don Jr was right there in Trump Towers with Putin in Wikileaks and Hillary dirt
Tax evasion is a done deal with state prosecution of Trump, no pardon can take that away
Right, because no one will object to the Biden administration investigating Trump.
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2020, 04:38:02 AM »

This would be a step backwards. The only thing worse you could do is bring back the spoils system of patronage.

Absolutely not - it would be the right thing to do. Primary systems tend to promote style over substance and give radical candidates a structural advantage. In a country like post-war Germany where primaries are not really a thing, a political abomination like Trump would never have happened.
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2020, 04:51:00 AM »

We all laughed back in 2016. Don't you ever treat him like a joke again. And we already have historical precedence for this; Grover Cleveland of course had two non-consecutive terms.

Quite the contrary. The only reasonable thing to do is to treat him like the joke he is.

And no, Grover Cleveland was no incompetent political clown who mishandled a pandemic, spent his days tweeting nonsense, and was ardently hated by at least half of the electorate.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2020, 04:53:54 AM »

Absolutely not - it would be the right thing to do. Primary systems tend to promote style over substance and give radical candidates a structural advantage. In a country like post-war Germany where primaries are not really a thing, a political abomination like Trump would never have happened.

They would have picked the likes of Tom Cotton instead — someone just as evil, but with the intelligence to actually accomplish an evil agenda.

We all laughed back in 2016. Don't you ever treat him like a joke again. And we already have historical precedence for this; Grover Cleveland of course had two non-consecutive terms.

Quite the contrary. The only reasonable thing to do is to treat him like the joke he is.

And no, Grover Cleveland was no incompetent political clown who mishandled a pandemic, spent his days tweeting nonsense, and was ardently hated by at least half of the electorate.

The only bigger joke would be whoever loses to him. Knowing the Democratic Party, they could definitely do it again.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2020, 07:11:22 AM »

Icespear Olawakandi said Bevin Harris was inevitable,  ha. He who laughs have the last laugh

Now seriously, I think Trump is very likely to win again, and Harris seems like a weak candidate to me. I would not be too surprised to see Harris lose against Trump in 2024 (or 2028 though by that time Trump is probably going to be too old)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »

I mean, if you want to promote centrist or moderate candidates, the best way to do so is not to reduce democracy by eliminating primaries. The US primary system is very good and I can think of extremely few countries that beat it. The only one that comes to mind is Argentina with their PASO blanket primaries (even if last election they were irrelevant).

The way to promote more moderate candidates would be to get rid of the electoral college; as well as to introduce some sort of ranked voting system or a 2 round system like France does.

France in particular has been extremely successful in reducing radicalism. The best example is what has always happened to Le Pen's party. Last legislative election they got 13% of the vote but only 8/577 seats; while Macron's moderate LREM got 320 seats with only 32% of the popular vote.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2020, 07:42:22 AM »

Not really: In Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, the reasonable candidate emerged victorious against the left-wing extremist.
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2020, 08:50:38 AM »

Not really: In Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, the reasonable candidate emerged victorious against the left-wing extremist.

We all know by now that you (a) have a serious problem with confident Muslim women and (b) love to call everything and everybody a 'left-wing extremist'. You don't have to derail every thread to prove it.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2020, 09:13:56 AM »

We all know by now that you (a) have a serious problem with secular Muslim women and (b) love to call everything and everyone a Nadsie™️ who abhors the left-wing fascist Antifa and who admires secular Muslims for their courage.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies