Another deal thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:32:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Another deal thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you take the deal, that replaces the GE election results with the House results but with ME-02 and AZ flipped and replaces the House results with the GE results?
Yes

No

Yes (Trump supporter)

No (Trump supporter)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Another deal thread  (Read 712 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2020, 04:16:21 AM »

The above map is the 2020 House results with one state, Arizona, flipped in exchange for ME-02. Arizona is the tipping point state in this election as it's Biden's closest win. WI/PA/GA are all razor thin Trump holds as Biden is the clear PV winner.

Would you be willing to make the OTL election map the house result map in exchange for this being the GE map? For example this means that Georgia gives more votes to D house candidates than R candidates even while voting for Trump.

If you're a Trump supporter you'd probably prefer swapping the house map with the GE map with no modifications, meaning Trump wins with an inverted EC relative to the above, holding AZ while allowing Biden to flip northern Maine.

If you would prefer this modified deal or OTL to this, why?

For the poll assume this isn't an option and you have to allow Biden to win anyway.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 04:28:29 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2020, 04:31:52 AM by Pericles »

Does the Senate flip? It looks like Cunningham wins, but Perdue avoids a runoff, so it comes down to the Loeffler seat. However she's probably in a better position to win too, so the Senate is probably 51-49, which I guess is better than the most likely outcome of 52-48 but still sucks. James might be able to win in this scenario too though.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 07:00:13 AM »

Does the Senate flip? It looks like Cunningham wins, but Perdue avoids a runoff, so it comes down to the Loeffler seat. However she's probably in a better position to win too, so the Senate is probably 51-49, which I guess is better than the most likely outcome of 52-48 but still sucks. James might be able to win in this scenario too though.

I think James wins and Cunningham losing is more likely than both winning.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 05:58:56 PM »

No deal is worth Trump remaining in office.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies