Kamala Harris/Jared Polis (D) vs. Kanye West/Ron DeSantis (R) in 2024
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:46:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Kamala Harris/Jared Polis (D) vs. Kanye West/Ron DeSantis (R) in 2024
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kamala Harris/Jared Polis (D) vs. Kanye West/Ron DeSantis (R) in 2024  (Read 547 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2020, 11:46:15 PM »

In this scenario Joe Biden declines to run again for health reasons and age reasons. VP Kamala Harris runs in 2024 in his place, and bars out any primary challenger. Kamala Harris picks Colorado Governor Jared Polis as her running mate. Making this ticket historical, potential first female President / first openly LGBT Vice President.

However Kanye West decides to run in the Republican party, and is basically a continuation of the Trumpist wing of the party which is now Kanyeist or Kanyeism. His home state in 2020 was in Wyoming, but he and Kim K move to Chicago (Kanye's hometown) making Illinois his home state for 2024. Keeping Up With the Kardashians ending helps make this move much more possible. His primary mainly consisted of similar 2016 folks, like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio. Also contained newbies like Charlie Baker of MA, Ron DeSantis of FL, Greg Abbott of TX. Kanye miraculously beats them all using a similar path and strategy Trump did in 2016. He eventually picks Ron DeSantis as his running mate.

Oh in this scenario Trump doesn't run again, gives up politics. His other members of his family (like his kids) are too toxic to even think about running.

Who wins here?
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »

Probably Harris as she is sitting VP and Kanye is deranged. Not to mention, would some of Trump’s base even turn out for a black man?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »

Probably Harris as she is sitting VP and Kanye is deranged. Not to mention, would some of Trump’s base even turn out for a black man?

Against a black Democrat woman? Yeah, I would imagine so.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 06:34:18 PM »

Combination of DeSantis on the ticket and Kanye being crazy enough to be a "Florida Man" keeps Florida narrowly R.

A stronger candidate than Harris likely could clean up, even winning back states like OH. I don't think rural or WWC turnout is nearly as high for Kanye as it was for Trump, but he has enough potential Trumpy appeal to keep any state Trump won by more than 5 or so points AND is not trending left (as AK and TX are) in his corner against Harris. Exception is ME-02; I can't think of a much worse fit for the Northeast than Kanye.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »

I meant that they just might not vote at all, but I see what you’re saying
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 01:09:33 AM »

I meant that they just might not vote at all, but I see what you’re saying

Or a third party challenger may emerge for them, but I never included that here, and if there was one he/she would get like 1% at the most,
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies