Is Luzerne County gone for Democrats? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:27:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is Luzerne County gone for Democrats? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Luzerne County gone for Democrats?  (Read 920 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: November 26, 2020, 03:28:00 PM »

Is Luzerne County, Pennsylvania gone for Democrats at the presidential level? Trump flipped it in 2016, after it voted twice for Obama. While Joe Biden in 2020 improved on Hillary's performance, he was unable to take it back. Tom Wolf carried the county in 2018, though. Who are these voters who backed Obama twice here but didn't come back to his vice president?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 05:19:20 AM »

Trump appealed to working class voters here in a rather unique way. Biden was essentially the same type of candidate that Hillary was, so he wasn't able to make significant headway among Obama-Trump voters. It remains to be seen whether WC voters will stick with the next Republican presidential nominee not named Trump, but for now, I think Democrats need to win statewide by at least 15 points in order to win this county.

I doubt 15% is needed statewide in a presidential election. If a Democrat could win by five or six, I guess that would be enough. But that statewide margin is a tall order.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies