Congratulations, Mr. President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:30:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Congratulations, Mr. President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congratulations, Mr. President  (Read 1375 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2006, 01:02:35 PM »

Congratulations to President Ebowed and Vice-President Q for being the first President/VP in Atlasia's history to be re-elected to the office.  Standing up for progress has its rewards.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 01:04:49 PM »

Congrats! Cheesy
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 01:09:07 PM »

Congratulations. Smiley
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 01:11:21 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!! I expect to be at the top of invitation list to the ball by the way.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 01:13:07 PM »

so, does this set a record or something? Election being called 19 hours before the polls close? Cheesy
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 01:38:55 PM »

so, does this set a record or something? Election being called 19 hours before the polls close? Cheesy

Probably. I know it's not going to happen but I'd love everybody else to come in and vote True Dem and then I can go "pwned" Grin Tongue
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 01:48:52 PM »

Probably. I know it's not going to happen but I'd love everybody else to come in and vote True Dem and then I can go "pwned" Grin Tongue

I know it's not going to happen, that's why I called it Cheesy
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 02:01:17 PM »

Given the way Atlasian elections sometimes go, I'm not certain that it's time for Ebowed to start celebrating.  Based on who has yet to vote, the margin of victory is at the very least certain to narrow.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 02:06:38 PM »

Plus, it's more fun to be in suspense.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »

Congrats Ebowed!  I'll make a formal concession speech once the election ends.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 04:12:36 PM »

Congratulations, just don't pull a Dewey. Wink
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:46:22 PM »

I guess this shows that the only way to be re-elected to the Atlasian Presidency is to be a total prick and asshole.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 09:53:26 PM »

I guess this shows that the only way to be re-elected to the Atlasian Presidency is to be a total prick and asshole.

Of course.  Why do you think Philip is so popular on this forum?  Tongue
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 10:15:43 PM »

Well aren't we the mature adult. Roll Eyes
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 10:35:21 PM »

If that were true, wouldn't you be starting your third term right about now?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 01:45:07 AM »

Actually, when I was a Senator, I was quite a nice guy, able to build coalitions and push through legislation.  Dismantling much of the crap from the first few sessions of the Senate was quite a difficult job, but it was achieved with help from Gabu, Colin Wixted and Peter Bell especially and we built most of the new statute and laws that have made the Senate run fairly smoothly since.

You wouldn't remember this, because at the time you were busy being an inactive red avatar voter.

If I was really serious about being in fantasy government, I'd be nice again, but I'm not, so I won't.

The reference had really more to do with Nym90 than anyone else, actually.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 01:53:51 AM »

I wasn't trying to be mature.

I was responding to an immature post by an immature man about an immature poster.  Doing so requires immature actions and words.

If I was being mature, I would say something like this (which is the truth):

You were quite a good candidate, Captain Vlad, and I will admit it was not easy for me to vote for Jake over you.  You ran a good campaign.

He and I have had good connection in fantasy politics over the years, even though he didn't vote for me in the first election I ran for (shows times can change).

I mainly voted for him because with a government by Ebowed and with other jokers and annoying idiots like Jerusalemcar and EarlAW in the mix, we need someone in the Senate to say those things which need to be said, ie, "Ebowed is a fag", "This bill is worse than bullsh**t", "Masterjedi has his head stuck up his ass" and other comments only Jake will say, but are entirely true and need to be made.

My message:  Run again.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 02:05:12 AM »

I was responding to an immature post by an immature man about an immature poster.  Doing so requires immature actions and words.

You were quite a good candidate, Captain Vlad, and I will admit it was not easy for me to vote for Jake over you.  You ran a good campaign.

He and I have had good connection in fantasy politics over the years, even though he didn't vote for me in the first election I ran for (shows times can change).

I mainly voted for him because with a government by Ebowed and with other jokers and annoying idiots like Jerusalemcar and EarlAW in the mix, we need someone in the Senate to say those things which need to be said, ie, "Ebowed is a fag", "This bill is worse than bullsh**t", "Masterjedi has his head stuck up his ass" and other comments only Jake will say, but are entirely true and need to be made.

I'll say this right now. You are a "fag", you are worse than bullsh*t, and you have your head stuck up your ass.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 02:20:42 AM »

LOL
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 02:27:46 AM »

Well, I thank you for your kind words...and believe me, no one has seen the last of me Wink

However, I must say (not singly anyone out) that I am concerned by the overall lack of civility on this website and in our fantasy political arena. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I would like for everyone to just get along.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 05:55:39 AM »

So, are you going to collect your accolades now? Wink
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 09:35:26 AM »

However, I must say (not singly anyone out) that I am concerned by the overall lack of civility on this website and in our fantasy political arena. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I would like for everyone to just get along.

Tempers get very heated around election time, but for the most part they cool off rather quickly once the election is over. I agree with you that it would be nice if everyone would just get along. But you can't control the actions of others and you get use to it after a while.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 10:04:16 AM »

Well congradulations Ebowed while I'm not happy that Atlasia has broken it's string of one term presidents you're a pretty good executive and a great person to work with. Keep up the good work.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »

Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I would like for everyone to just get along.

We already have a King and a Bacon King, do we really need a Rodney King? Wink
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 12:08:06 PM »

So, are you going to collect your accolades now? Wink

I believe you're confusing me with Hugh Wink He owns more accolades than anyone should ever have.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies