Joe Biden gives first televised interview since election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 08:56:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Biden gives first televised interview since election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden gives first televised interview since election  (Read 461 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »

For the first time as president-elect, Joe Biden sat down with NBC's Lester Holt for a televised interview. He talked about the official transition now started and about the pandemic. He declined to directly answer whether he would pursue legal action against Trump, just saying he would not interfere with the Department of Justice's business and that he can't do anything about state investigators looking into Trump. He also said his presidency will not be a third Obama term.

Here's the video in full:

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »

A President with plans & a sense of urgency to save the country? God, I'm gonna love having an adult in charge again.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 02:04:54 PM »

A President with plans & a sense of urgency to save the country? God, I'm gonna love having an adult in charge again.
He's literally senile.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 02:10:53 PM »

Would you agree with this deal, make the tax reform permanent in exchange for more price controls when it comes to healthcare
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 02:26:39 PM »

Would you agree with this deal, make the tax reform permanent in exchange for more price controls when it comes to healthcare

The Trump tax reform? No. At least not as a whole. The tax cuts given to upper incomes should be made undone. Middle and lower incomes, who benefit slightly, should not see their taxes go up of course. If anything, folks making less than 100k a year may need a reduction. What I personally might support is leaving the corporate tax rate where it is (though Joe Biden's proposed 28% is still modest) for 15$ minimum wage. After businesses got tax relief despite an economic boom Obama left, giving the lower incomes a raise seems reasonable and long overdue. Higher minimum wage would also stimulate the economy by increasing the purchasing power of working class people. And unlike more wealthy folks, these people actually spend their money in the country rather than elsewhere and often directly help local businesses.

Fixing drug costs should actually be a bipartisan or nonpartisan issue. Other than the drug companies themselves, who make enough money already, nobody should welcome it when they're charging insane prices for basic medicine or insulin that (too) many people rely on.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 02:49:23 PM »

The Trump tax reform? No. At least not as a whole. The tax cuts given to upper incomes should be made undone. Middle and lower incomes, who benefit slightly, should not see their taxes go up of course. If anything, folks making less than 100k a year may need a reduction. What I personally might support is leaving the corporate tax rate where it is (though Joe Biden's proposed 28% is still modest) for 15$ minimum wage. After businesses got tax relief despite an economic boom Obama left, giving the lower incomes a raise seems reasonable and long overdue. Higher minimum wage would also stimulate the economy by increasing the purchasing power of working class people. And unlike more wealthy folks, these people actually spend their money in the country rather than elsewhere and often directly help local businesses.

Fixing drug costs should actually be a bipartisan or nonpartisan issue. Other than the drug companies themselves, who make enough money already, nobody should welcome it when they're charging insane prices for basic medicine or insulin that (too) many people rely on.

Yah I agree Fixing Durg Costs should be nonpartisan , as its outragous how they charge insane prices for so many essential medicines. The bill to allow the importation of prescription drugs from Canada should have unanimous support as well imo.

That deal would make sense though , making tax reform permanent for 15 dollar minimum wage and I certainly would accept it
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »

He's literally senile.

What does it say about Trump that he lost to a guy who’s apparently “Senile”?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »

He's literally senile.

What does it say about Trump that he lost to a guy who’s apparently “Senile”?
indeed

Though when I make the same (kind of) point about Hillary, some people get upset.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 03:24:18 PM »

He's literally senile.
now enough about trump
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »

Good, but it would be nice if Pelosi compromised on 1.8T like she did on the 1.4T on budget and pass the Stimulus, Trump may not pass the budget deal now and have a Govt shutdown.

Pelosi is just as silly as Trump contesting the election
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 11:43:01 PM »

How about make the tax reform permanent in exchange for the public option plus medicaid expansion in all 50 States?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies