Ninja for Governor 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:29:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ninja for Governor 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ninja for Governor 2020  (Read 300 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:27:35 PM »

So a lot of you probably have some questions about my candidacy for governor, especially those of you who saw some of the things I said recently on Discord. Hopefully "who am I?" is not one of them but you might be wondering "why am I here?" Like I said before, I wasn't originally sure about doing this. But I've made up my mind. Honestly I don't feel like Lincoln is currently the best Lincoln it could be. Lately we've had a lot of issues with people going inactive and people being confused with legal crisis that never should have existed and just recently of course Lincoln forgot to hold this election which is honestly a bit of a breaking point. We as a region need to get it together and start making forward progress again and stop regressing the way we did two years ago. I do believe that we're going to need some new leadership in order to do that, and I did not want this election to go uncontested after all the problems we've had. I'm not here to run a purely partisan campaign. Like I said before after the stress of running for president I'm not currently interested in doing something like that again and I stand by that. I accept support from people of all parties and leanings who are interested in creating a more functional government in Lincoln. As governor I pledge to keep up to date with the region and my responsibilities, keep in contact with the council and lend support in policy making, respond actively and consistently to the covid-19 pandemic and establish a plan to distribute vaccines should they become available during my term, and ensure that Lincoln's interests are represented with the federal government. I believe that these are the basic duties any citizen should expect their governor to uphold and which have not been fully upheld. If I can not do that much, then I would not ask for your support again. Policy wise, I do not seek to be a politically divisive governor, but I will work to create consensus in our government on issues which benefit everyone, such as infrastructure expansion, environmental reform, broadband access, and the likes. Of course lately there's been much talk about changing the constitution, and although I would not support reverting to the original constitution, I do support making reforms as the current constitution has gotten rather confusing and it does not seem that it is accomplishing all that it set out to do. If you want to interrogate in the thread have at it, if Mr. R2D2 wants to have a last minute debate it seems unlikely but we can talk about it, otherwise I hope to have your support this weekend and together we can finally bring Lincoln to its potential!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 11:40:25 PM »

Endorsed!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 12:04:09 AM »

wholeheartedly endorsed.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 01:30:11 AM »

Proudly endorsed! Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 07:49:06 AM »

I would welcome a debate and I wish you the best of luck.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 10:22:02 PM »

Strongly endorsed!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: