The liberal media
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:28:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The liberal media
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The liberal media  (Read 3269 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:11:20 PM »

Just so we can get over this myth of most of the so called media being liberal, let's examine the liberal media. Yes, there is such a site. Here's a Salon.com article from September 12th, 2001.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
More here:
http://archive.salon.com/politics/feature/2001/09/12/bush/index.html

Basically they ripped Bush a new asshole the day after 9/11/01 for his failures to do anything to fight terrorism. It took the so called media at least a year to even be slightly critical of Bush. Please don't pretend that the so called media is liberal.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 02:20:27 PM »

Anybody notice that the cover story of this week's Globe featured the torrid sexual affair between George W and Condi.  Apparently Laura has had enough and is walking out.  So according to the Globe.   Nice shot of Bush and Condi in bed together in that one.  And Laura's really miffed about the whole thing.  Check it out. 

this is what I do when I'm waiting in line in Wal-Mart.  I read the Globe.  There's always an interesting story or two in that revered publication.  "Bigfoot found dead in New Orleans hotel with prostitute."  "Elvis residing in Tokyo;  roommate is Lindbergh Baby."  "Half-man, half-snake boy attends Yale on full academic scholarship."
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »

Anybody notice that the cover story of this week's Globe featured the torrid sexual affair between George W and Condi.  Apparently Laura has had enough and is walking out.  So according to the Globe.   Nice shot of Bush and Condi in bed together in that one.  And Laura's really miffed about the whole thing.  Check it out. 

this is what I do when I'm waiting in line in Wal-Mart.  I read the Globe.  There's always an interesting story or two in that revered publication.  "Bigfoot found dead in New Orleans hotel with prostitute."  "Elvis residing in Tokyo;  roommate is Lindbergh Baby."  "Half-man, half-snake boy attends Yale on full academic scholarship."

This sort of idiocy is testimony to the intellectual deprivation of the lower classes.  Just one more symptom of their subjugation by their betters.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 04:15:14 PM »

This sort of idiocy is testimony to the intellectual deprivation of the lower classes.  Just one more symptom of their subjugation by their betters.

Big words don't make a statement any less full of sh**t. Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »

I thought you agreed that the masses were downtrodden, Flad, only you didn't mind.. or maybe that was Straha.. for some reason I get you two confused.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »

I thought you agreed that the masses were downtrodden, Flad, only you didn't mind.. or maybe that was Straha.. for some reason I get you two confused.

Someone can't take a joke. Roll Eyes Typical uptight fiscal liberal.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 04:51:27 PM »

The masses could not appreciate Kant and Foucault, opebo, you have to hit them at the gut level. The upper classes are simply giving the masses what they need as a master feeds his pet dog. This is called care and compassion.

No it isn't, 'beet'.  The inability of the working class to 'appreciate' anything is always due to their oppression by the owners.  This is where your dog analogy breaks down - the dog owner is not responsible for the 'dogginess' of the dog.

Btw, I dislike dogs, and am quite fond of cats.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 09:59:15 PM »

Shut up, opebo.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 10:29:52 PM »

Shut up, opebo.

You know, I laughed so hard just now after reading that.  SHUT DOWN!!

Rin-chan
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 10:30:20 PM »

Shut up, opebo.

Rin-chan
Thanks.... Opebo is an irritation.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 10:43:46 PM »

Shut up, opebo.

Rin-chan

Totally.

Rin-chan
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 10:46:37 PM »

Shut up, opebo.

Rin-chan

Totally.

Rin-chan
If I was admin, opebo along with about 25-45% of the current membership woudl be banned permanently.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 10:57:21 PM »

Shut up, opebo.

Rin-chan

Totally.

Rin-chan
If I was admin, opebo along with about 25-45% of the current membership woudl be banned permanently.

As long as I'm not banned, I hope you get the chance to ban opebo and company.

Rin-chan
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 11:09:32 PM »

Shut up, opebo.

Rin-chan

Totally.

Rin-chan

As long as I'm not banned, I hope you get the chance to ban opebo and company.

Rin-chan
Thanks. I'd boot out the more boring, prudish types and bring in new chaotic types. Basically more people like me and less peolpe like frodo.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »

Bump to remind people what a liberal media looks like.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 07:04:24 AM »

Did you notice that the date was September 12, 2001!!!  Maybe they had more important things to tallk about?  It would have been in bad taste for the mainstream media to talk about this at that time
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies