Will Trump be indicted in 2021?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 03:22:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump be indicted in 2021?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Trump be indicted in 2021?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Will Trump be indicted in 2021?  (Read 1465 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »

Almost certainly. Both under federal and state law. Whether he will end up convicted or in jail is a completely different question, though. I doubt he'll go to prison, though he most likely deserves it.

If he is indicted, he will probably eventually be found Guilt in at least New York. My guess is that there is a 90% chance of someone formally bringing him to court, 50/50 that he actually gets convicted, but only about a 10% chance that he gets "some years".

I don't object to your take, but I'm afraid Cuomo grants Trump a pardon. Same with Biden. They will just argue it's "too divisive" to throw Mr. Trump in jail as he has such a large following in this country. Perhaps invoking the Ford pardon, too, though even most GOPers wanted Nixon gone and move on in the end.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2020, 11:03:08 AM by Chocolate Thunder »

Almost certainly. Both under federal and state law. Whether he will end up convicted or in jail is a completely different question, though. I doubt he'll go to prison, though he most likely deserves it.

If he is indicted, he will probably eventually be found Guilt in at least New York. My guess is that there is a 90% chance of someone formally bringing him to court, 50/50 that he actually gets convicted, but only about a 10% chance that he gets "some years".

I don't object to your take, but I'm afraid Cuomo grants Trump a pardon. Same with Biden. They will just argue it's "too divisive" to throw Mr. Trump in jail as he has such a large following in this country. Perhaps invoking the Ford pardon, too, though even most GOPers wanted Nixon gone and move on in the end.

What will the other side or even that guy who held his nose for Biden in Glendale, Kenosha, Harrisburg, or Smyrna give Biden in return? If there is a pardon, I’d at least wait until there’s a conviction.

If a pardoned can be conditional, I’d make it conditional on Trump or his family not running or them to give Democrats SOMETHING.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2020, 11:04:53 AM »

What will the other side or even that guy who held his nose for Biden in Glendale, Kenosha, Harrisburg, or Smyrna give Biden in return? If there is a pardon, I’d at least wait until there’s a conviction.

If a pardoned can be conditional, I’d make it conditional on Trump or his family not running or them to give Democrats SOMETHING.

I'm not sure a pardon would be conditional. Biden may just argue it's better to move on and close the Trump chapter in the history of the this country. This obviously isn't my personal opinion, I'm just saying what I think may happen.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2020, 11:38:22 AM »

Same people who think this will happen were also convinced Trump would resign at some point. Truth is, our "justice" system simply doesn't work and people with power always find a way out--especially those with a rabid cult behind them.

Prosecuting Trump (or failing to do so) will be the ultimate test of our system of justice.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies