2024: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg vs Mike Pence/Marco Rubio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:48:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg vs Mike Pence/Marco Rubio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg vs Mike Pence/Marco Rubio  (Read 865 times)
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« on: November 25, 2020, 09:47:30 PM »

Yes, Pence was extremely unpopular and probably would have lost to Gregg, but that’s because Gregg is a great candidate for Indiana. Kamala can’t cut down the margins enough in rural Indiana to pull out a victory.

I don't really get why it's become conventional wisdom that Pence would've lost when the polling showed him beating Gregg? Most of his leads against Holcomb were also because he had no name ID.
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:29:57 PM »

Yes, Pence was extremely unpopular and probably would have lost to Gregg, but that’s because Gregg is a great candidate for Indiana. Kamala can’t cut down the margins enough in rural Indiana to pull out a victory.

I don't really get why it's become conventional wisdom that Pence would've lost when the polling showed him beating Gregg? Most of his leads against Holcomb were also because he had no name ID.
Because everybody hated Pence in Indiana. I lived there when he was governor, every single person I met disliked him. The polls showing Pence leading had a high amount of undecideds who would have broke for Gregg.

Pence had a net even approval rating in late September and considering midwestern polling in 2016 and 2018 it was probably underestimating him more than anything.
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:35:19 PM »

Because everybody hated Pence in Indiana. I lived there when he was governor, every single person I met disliked him. The polls showing Pence leading had a high amount of undecideds who would have broke for Gregg.

Pence had a net even approval rating in late September and considering midwestern polling in 2016 and 2018 it was probably underestimating him more than anything.
His approval went up because he was put on the ticket and Republicans felt like they had to like him.

His approvals actually went down after getting on the ticket in the linked poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies