2024: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg vs Mike Pence/Marco Rubio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:00:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg vs Mike Pence/Marco Rubio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg vs Mike Pence/Marco Rubio  (Read 854 times)
BigVic
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:13:57 PM »

The battle of the Veeps in ‘24. Harris selects Mayor Pete and Pence selects Marco as running mates. Who wins? Discuss with maps
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:03 PM »

Pence wins against the worst Democratic ticket since Mondale. It's not an overwhelming victory though, more like 2016 again with Democrats controlling at least one house of Congress.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 12:29:29 AM »

Pence is an awful candidate. Most of the weaknesses of Trump with none of the strengths. Harris wins. Not a landslide, but she wins. Pete also is a better VP pick than Rubio, especially if he picks up some solid experience in the next four years.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:26 AM »

Harris narrowly defeats Pence in a much lower turnout election than 2020.

Vice President Kamala Harris/Fmr. UN Ambassador Pete Buttigieg: ~290 EV, 50.8% PV
Fmr. Vice President Mike Pence/Senator Marco Rubio: ~248 EV, 47.5% PV
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 01:18:07 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2020, 01:26:39 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigeig 51% roughly 289 EV
Mike Pence/Marco Rubio 48% roughly 249 EV

Before everyone freaks out about Kamala winning Indiana, remember, Pence was really unpopular there before he became VP. He might have actually lost his reelection campaign if Trump hadn't put him on the ticket.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 01:25:46 AM »

Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigeig 51% 289 EV
Mike Pence/Marco Rubio 48% 249 EV

Before everyone freaks out about Kamala winning Indiana, remember, Pence was really unpopular there before he became VP. He might have actually lost his reelection campaign if Trump hadn't put him on the ticket.

It looks like Pete Buttigeig has the special ability to create the "Indiana 2008 redux" that Atlas is so obsessed with! Unfortunately, Pete Buttigieg probably doesn't have this special ability. Sad
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 09:24:33 AM »

Yes, Pence was extremely unpopular and probably would have lost to Gregg, but that’s because Gregg is a great candidate for Indiana. Kamala can’t cut down the margins enough in rural Indiana to pull out a victory.
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 09:47:30 PM »

Yes, Pence was extremely unpopular and probably would have lost to Gregg, but that’s because Gregg is a great candidate for Indiana. Kamala can’t cut down the margins enough in rural Indiana to pull out a victory.

I don't really get why it's become conventional wisdom that Pence would've lost when the polling showed him beating Gregg? Most of his leads against Holcomb were also because he had no name ID.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »

I don't really get why it's become conventional wisdom that Pence would've lost when the polling showed him beating Gregg? Most of his leads against Holcomb were also because he had no name ID.
Because everybody hated Pence in Indiana. I lived there when he was governor, every single person I met disliked him. The polls showing Pence leading had a high amount of undecideds who would have broke for Gregg.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 10:28:19 PM »

...No.
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 10:29:57 PM »

Because everybody hated Pence in Indiana. I lived there when he was governor, every single person I met disliked him. The polls showing Pence leading had a high amount of undecideds who would have broke for Gregg.

Pence had a net even approval rating in late September and considering midwestern polling in 2016 and 2018 it was probably underestimating him more than anything.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 10:32:28 PM »

Pence had a net even approval rating in late September and considering midwestern polling in 2016 and 2018 it was probably underestimating him more than anything.
His approval went up because he was put on the ticket and Republicans felt like they had to like him.
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 10:35:19 PM »

His approval went up because he was put on the ticket and Republicans felt like they had to like him.

His approvals actually went down after getting on the ticket in the linked poll.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 05:52:59 PM »

Kuumo's map. 

Harris is not a strong candidate, but Pence is even weaker and Rubio isn't enough to save him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies