I wrote the passage to keep it a memory for my studnet. Are there any mistakes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:43:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  I wrote the passage to keep it a memory for my studnet. Are there any mistakes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I wrote the passage to keep it a memory for my studnet. Are there any mistakes?  (Read 209 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2020, 03:33:01 AM »

We had an exciting school trip last week. It started from Monday and finished on Friday. We went to a big farm town by bus. The bus ride was never boring because we talked and laughed all the way.
When we got there, we were really surprised to find that farming could be so amazing. We saw many old tools and different kinds of fruit and vegetables. We also met some hard-working farmers. Some of them even became our teachers and gave us interesting lessons. We cooked delicious food by ourselves. Some boys were so good at cooking while some lazy girls just waited to eat. On Thursday evening, we had a talent show around a big fire. It was so crazy. We sang, danced and played the erhu. The temperature went down but we didn’t feel cold at all.
However, some of the students didn’t behave nicely. They didn’t wear the school uniform to show they are special. But in fact they are stupid because when they break the school rules, they are noted by the teachers more easily. They said dirty words and threw rubbish everywhere. They talked loudly when others were sleeping at night. They really left a bad impression to the beautiful town.
All in all, it was a nice trip.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:08:04 PM »

Tell us more about your studnet.
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:57:33 PM »

There are 37 students in my class. Most of them are from  lower-class families. Their parents are busy making money, so they care little about their kids' schoolwork. In order to improve their grades, I have tried many ways, including recording. Otherwise, they will not read English at home at all.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 10:41:16 AM »

Suggestions:

We had an exciting school trip last week. It started from (on) Monday and finished on Friday. We went to a big farm town by bus. The bus ride was never boring because we talked and laughed all the way. (all the way there or on the way)
When we got there, we were really surprised to find that farming could be so amazing. We saw many old tools and different kinds of fruit and vegetables. We also met some hard-working farmers. Some of them even became our teachers and gave us interesting lessons. We cooked delicious food by ourselves. Some boys were so good at cooking while some lazy girls just waited to eat. On Thursday evening, we had a talent show around a big fire. It was so crazy. We sang, danced and played the erhu. The temperature went down but we didn’t feel cold at all.
However, some of the students didn’t behave nicely. They didn’t wear the school uniform to show they are special. But in fact they are stupid because when they break the school rules, they are noted by the teachers more easily. They said dirty words and threw rubbish everywhere. They talked loudly when others were sleeping at night. They really left a bad impression to on the beautiful town.
All in all, it was a nice trip.

Some of your phrases are unusual but the grammar works.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies