2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:05:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 172971 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3850 on: November 07, 2022, 01:30:09 PM »

Data for Progress one is weird, basically this last one comes down to them assuming there's going to be major R turnout.

Their last poll had R+4 overall, but Rs winning Indies by 11 (52-41). They had about equal # of Ds and Rs sampled for turnout.

This last one has R+4 overall again, but Ds now winning Indies by 4 (52-48). It remains stable overall because now they have a R+4 sample edge.

So essentially comes down to turnout, if GOP actually has a huge turnout edge.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3851 on: November 07, 2022, 01:31:07 PM »

Does Data for Progress have any significant R house effect? Because a poll of this kind is concerning...GCB polls have been a big bright spot for Ds this cycle...

Hard to say. They’ve definitely been pretty right-leaning this cycle, and they whiffed the NY-19 special pretty hard (Molinaro +8, compared to the actual result of Ryan +3). But that could be a consistent house effect, or it could just be them being a bad pollster!
That's true. I guess we'll see in a day how good their polls were...and we'll see in another cycle or two if they have any consistent house effect...maybe they have more bullish methodology which produces better results.
Are any other GCB polls showing an R advantage? And if so, how many?
Both RCP and 538 show a R advantage in the Generic ballot.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/generic-ballot/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html
Huh. I guess I haven't seen as many GCB polls as I should have. Ds better hope the (likely miniscule) R advantage (if it indeed manifests) is inefficient this November, wasted on blowout margins in rurals.

There's also Split Ticket's GCB aggregate, which includes only nonpartisan pollsters.  It's currently at D+0.2 (47.1-46.9).

https://split-ticket.org/2022-nonpartisan-generic-ballot-aggregate/
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3852 on: November 07, 2022, 01:36:12 PM »

Does Data for Progress have any significant R house effect? Because a poll of this kind is concerning...GCB polls have been a big bright spot for Ds this cycle...

Hard to say. They’ve definitely been pretty right-leaning this cycle, and they whiffed the NY-19 special pretty hard (Molinaro +8, compared to the actual result of Ryan +3). But that could be a consistent house effect, or it could just be them being a bad pollster!
That's true. I guess we'll see in a day how good their polls were...and we'll see in another cycle or two if they have any consistent house effect...maybe they have more bullish methodology which produces better results.
Are any other GCB polls showing an R advantage? And if so, how many?
Both RCP and 538 show a R advantage in the Generic ballot.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/generic-ballot/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html
Huh. I guess I haven't seen as many GCB polls as I should have. Ds better hope the (likely miniscule) R advantage (if it indeed manifests) is inefficient this November, wasted on blowout margins in rurals.

There's also Split Ticket's GCB aggregate, which includes only nonpartisan pollsters.  It's currently at D+0.2 (47.1-46.9).

https://split-ticket.org/2022-nonpartisan-generic-ballot-aggregate/
This is the first time I see their aggregator. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.
It shows how a lot of R polls are kind of boosting them in the aggregators more broadly. I would not go as far as to say that there's a conspiracy on Rs part to boost themselves in the averages, but they do seem to be making conclusions regarding R turnout that may or may not bear out...
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #3853 on: November 07, 2022, 02:01:16 PM »

Sabato/Crystal Ball released its final ratings-

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/final-ratings-for-the-2022-election/
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #3854 on: November 07, 2022, 02:02:35 PM »

Those Senate ratings are baffling. CCM wins while Warnock loses on the night? Hard to see it happening.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3855 on: November 07, 2022, 02:03:58 PM »

Those Senate ratings are baffling. CCM wins while Warnock loses on the night? Hard to see it happening.
Warnock losing on election night is a...bold call.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3856 on: November 07, 2022, 02:07:27 PM »

I would have had KS as Lean D, kept GA as a tossup and maybe moved NV to Lean R, though I get that they deferred to Ralston for the last one.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #3857 on: November 07, 2022, 02:10:00 PM »

Those Senate predictions seem way too bullish for Democrats given some of their House calls in AZ, PA, and NV.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #3858 on: November 07, 2022, 02:12:47 PM »

I didn't see anything in their prediction specifying that Walker would win on election night.  In fact in their description, they predict his win is "a little likelier than not, on Tuesday or in a runoff".
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3859 on: November 07, 2022, 02:14:18 PM »

I didn't see anything in their prediction specifying that Walker would win on election night.  In fact in their description, they predict his win is "a little likelier than not, on Tuesday or in a runoff".
Egg on my face then. I didn't click the link, I merely assumed the poster in question did.
I guess I should have looked at it at length.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #3860 on: November 07, 2022, 02:16:24 PM »

The language is a little more complicated, but I still read the implication that Walker could win on the night. And I don’t see that squaring with a CCM win.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3861 on: November 07, 2022, 02:18:01 PM »

Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3862 on: November 07, 2022, 02:20:03 PM »

The language is a little more complicated, but I still read the implication that Walker could win on the night. And I don’t see that squaring with a CCM win.

This would go against all logic, that Dems are winning with working class voters of all races but losing ground with college whites. If anything I expect college whites in north Fulton, Cobb to be the firewall to limit Dem losses.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3863 on: November 07, 2022, 02:20:44 PM »

Warnock has also led most of the nonpartisan polling (Emerson, NYT/Siena, Marist) or been tied (ECU, Research, etc.) Walker has mostly only led in non-partisan polling.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3864 on: November 07, 2022, 02:26:25 PM »

So they have Cortez Masto winning but Warnock losing? That seems...unlikely.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3865 on: November 07, 2022, 02:34:03 PM »

It could be anything tomorrow from the beginning of the of the Democratic Establishment to finally something that could rattle the GOP perhaps a tiny bit.
kwabbit

« Reply #3866 on: November 07, 2022, 02:35:31 PM »

Their logic is that they see the GOP winning 51 seats. They were going to choose Laxalt in NV, but they don’t want to contradict Ralston so they’re choosing Walker to compensate.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3867 on: November 07, 2022, 02:38:33 PM »

Data for Progress generally had a fairly strong D house effect in prior cycles (particularly 2016 and 2020 — in 2018 they were fine as I recall), but this cycle they’ve generally been one of the better polls for Republicans, and they whiffed really hard in the summer special elections.

There remains, on the night before the election itself, no actual conventional wisdom. (Even the final pundit ratings correspond to a narrow D advantage nationally in the Senate but a decently comfortable R advantage nationally in the House; at this point it’s been repeated so often I wouldn’t be surprised to see it in the actual results but it would still be sort of odd if that actually happens on Election Night).
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #3868 on: November 07, 2022, 02:52:13 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3869 on: November 07, 2022, 02:52:59 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2022, 02:57:30 PM by Person Man »

I'll tell you what:

If Walker runs away with it in 24 hours, I will change my avatar to R-GA and my screen name to Lacey Lazy The Herschel Walker Coonhound. And use this as my signature:

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3870 on: November 07, 2022, 02:58:24 PM »

And if it went to R/O? The Senate would be decided in January for a second time.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #3871 on: November 07, 2022, 03:13:37 PM »

And if it went to R/O? The Senate would be decided in January for a second time.

The run-off is in early December this year.  I'm not sure why it was in January last year (maybe because of the simultaneous special election). Tbh it seems like it should not be legal to hold a run-off after the Senate is sworn in on Jan. 3.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3872 on: November 07, 2022, 03:16:05 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2022, 03:21:35 PM by MT Treasurer »

CCM = UTDH, guys. Already called it in late 2020/early 2021 (some of you may remember).

Incredibly ironic and amusing, actually — we’re having a lot of fun with this meme on Discord right now, so a sincere thank you to Jon Ralston and Sabato's Crystal Ball for making this possible by letting us in on the secret of CCM's irresistible candidate quality

Those Senate predictions seem way too bullish for Democrats given some of their House calls in AZ, PA, and NV.

I’m a Sam Peters/Jim Marchant/CCM Republican, personally....
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3873 on: November 07, 2022, 03:17:01 PM »

Fetterman isn't losing
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3874 on: November 07, 2022, 03:30:42 PM »

WI the EV favors Ds and no way Johnson is up 5 and the Gov race is tied that's OVERPOLL by pollsters on Johnson Fetterman leads by 6 in MARIST and by 1 in Research Co and if Fetterman is up 1 and CCM down 1 he has pA Lean R and CCM Lean D doesn't makes sense to me
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies