2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:02:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 ... 157
Author Topic: 2022 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169207 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2450 on: September 25, 2022, 12:26:38 AM »

Been a strong September for republicans. Need to keep Dobbs/Abortion out of the news to keep recovering momentum.

Lol it's not Dobbs they offer massive tax cuts for the rich and they blocked Voting Rights, Reagan trickle down economics, Trump is under criminal and civil investigation
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2451 on: September 25, 2022, 12:37:58 AM »

Been a strong September for republicans. Need to keep Dobbs/Abortion out of the news to keep recovering momentum.

Lol cope
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2452 on: September 25, 2022, 12:40:03 AM »

Rs don't believe that investigations are hurting R brands they think it's Dobbs no it's not just Dobbs, Trump at NC which is a Southern state made the 1 figure QAnnon which is the Southern strategy where Confederate statues once were

Did he do that in PA with Oz no he didn't but he did it in NC Southern Strategy by Reagan
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2453 on: September 25, 2022, 12:50:02 AM »

The ABC/WaPo poll is horrible for Democrats. They did have R+10 in their last poll a few months ago, so I suppose you could say this is a big shift. But Biden at 39% and R+1 in September means that we're still on track for a significant red wave (+30 in House, +2 in Senate).
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #2454 on: September 25, 2022, 01:18:40 AM »

The ABC/WaPo poll is horrible for Democrats. They did have R+10 in their last poll a few months ago, so I suppose you could say this is a big shift. But Biden at 39% and R+1 in September means that we're still on track for a significant red wave (+30 in House, +2 in Senate).
R +1 is not that far off from the D +2 average sitting on 538 right now — well within the margin of error. Relax a bit, throw it in the average, see what the CBS Battleground tracker says tomorrow…and feel good about the big shift you mentioned.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2455 on: September 25, 2022, 01:58:30 AM »

What?

538 estimates a gain of only ~10 seats with a projected margin of about 2.3%. That's clearly nonsense but it doesn't add up to 30 seats at 1%.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2456 on: September 25, 2022, 02:27:10 AM »

I am being optimistic until we vote and Rs in 2010 were plus 6 on GCB 48/42 not plus 1 and won 60H seats and 7 Sen Seats
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #2457 on: September 25, 2022, 02:44:16 AM »

Yeah this increasesingly becoming Trump 2016
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2458 on: September 25, 2022, 04:38:12 AM »

Well let's focus on the Big shift !
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2459 on: September 25, 2022, 07:16:11 AM »

ABC/WaPo is 51-46 R for LVs. Which would be a big change from what the specials have shown, but that’s not impossible.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2460 on: September 25, 2022, 07:28:44 AM »

ABC/WaPo is 51-46 R for LVs. Which would be a big change from what the specials have shown, but that’s not impossible.

I can’t emphasize this enough, but I really don’t think it would be so much a "big change" from the specials as an entirely different electorate. Very important distinction, and also why I really caution people against reading this much into special elections.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2461 on: September 25, 2022, 07:42:21 AM »

I don't see an LV model in this poll?

What I will say is that the poll has Biden -16 in approval among RVs, which is significantly off from the -8 (44/52) average it's sitting at on 538 right now.

This was also rather... surprising:

Democrats hold a 10-point advantage among women under age 50, down from a 32-point lead ahead of the 2018 election.

Bit of an anomaly considering what we've seen with other polls, motivation of women post-Dobbs, and the specials.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2462 on: September 25, 2022, 07:43:13 AM »

ABC/WashPo has R+1 with registered and Rs getting 18% of the black vote and Trump 23% in 2024. The topline isn't at all odd but if you expected a quality poll that made sense, this won't be it. We are going to have historic uncertainty on election day with all these polling misses the past 5 years.

Yeah, them also having Trump +2 in the 2024 rematch is also giving me major pause among other things. Given what has happened this year, especially with Trump, having Trump doing a whole 6% better than 2020 is... a result.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2463 on: September 25, 2022, 07:45:43 AM »

I can’t emphasize this enough, but I really don’t think it would be so much a "big change" from the specials as an entirely different electorate. Very important distinction, and also why I really caution people against reading this much into special elections.

Fair point, but looking at the last several elections, what has been a better indicator of Election Day: special elections or the generic ballot polling? We can be cautious about special elections, but we need to be even more cautious about polling. ABC’s LV screen isn’t the gold standard.

This LV screen increasing R performance seems at odds with your point that special elections would be more D than the general election. Who is a more likely voter than someone who shows up for a special?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2464 on: September 25, 2022, 07:50:09 AM »

Fair point, but looking at the last several elections, what has been a better indicator of Election Day: special elections or the generic ballot polling? We can be cautious about special elections, but we need to be even more cautious about polling. ABC’s LV screen isn’t the gold standard.

This LV screen increasing R performance seems at odds with your point that special elections would be more D than the general election. Who is a more likely voter than someone who shows up for a special?

Where is the LV screen? I don't see any in the crosstabs.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2465 on: September 25, 2022, 07:54:55 AM »

For reference, the CBS battleground tracker forecast was

July: R 230 - D 205
August: R 226 - D 209
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2466 on: September 25, 2022, 07:59:05 AM »

I’ve only seen it in the reporting as 51-46 for R. Is it really not included in the data?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2467 on: September 25, 2022, 08:00:16 AM »

I’ve only seen it in the reporting as 51-46 for R. Is it really not included in the data?

Unless there's a tab I'm not seeing, I don't see it. They have it broken down by adults and RV, but no LV.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2468 on: September 25, 2022, 08:05:09 AM »

Waiting to see how this hits 538 and pulls down the Dems
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2469 on: September 25, 2022, 08:06:20 AM »

Actually wait, I found it - it's in the article but wasn't in the crosstabs

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-struggles-party-democrats-2024-poll/story?id=90427262&cid=social_twitter_abcnp
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2470 on: September 25, 2022, 08:08:20 AM »

Looks like ABC ran with it, WaPo didn’t.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2471 on: September 25, 2022, 08:10:37 AM »

Women younger than 40 support the Democratic candidate in their district by 19 points, but did so by 43 points in the 2018 exit poll.

If this actually happens, yes, the GOP is winning. But given everything we have seen, I don't imagine this being the case.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2472 on: September 25, 2022, 09:08:38 AM »

I love how everyone just decides that the most recent poll that they’ve seen is the most accurate, even if it’s only a day or two after another poll

Like just look at the reaction to Wisconsin polling

Barnes+2 = Democrats may pull this off, it’s a tossup!

Johnson+1 = Titanium Ron Jon can’t be beaten… Democrats are fools for investing in this race.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2473 on: September 25, 2022, 09:12:01 AM »

I love how everyone just decides that the most recent poll that they’ve seen is the most accurate, even if it’s only a day or two after another poll

Like just look at the reaction to Wisconsin polling

Barnes+2 = Democrats may pull this off, it’s a tossup!

Johnson+1 = Titanium Ron Jon can’t be beaten… Democrats are fools for investing in this race.

Exactly - R+1 / R+5 is a pretty big outlier compared to what we've been seeing but I'm not surprised that a few people here now accept this is as the "real" result and the last month of polling to be wrong.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2474 on: September 25, 2022, 09:12:43 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 ... 157  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies